IGNORED

Seat moves in Section 82

Jacki

6 minutes ago, JerrySLO said:

As per Red Army 75 best wait to renew in S25-S27 as we are working on the problem. I'll update ASAP

Jerry, i know it’s nothing to do with you but that simply isn’t good enough, was any of this tested?

You have had groups of people go on and buy their existing seats which is nowhere near where they want to be or when near friends. How is it going to work now tickets have already been sold?

The club have no option but to make it unreserved. For example I have been on the phone to the ticket office and where I stand has already been sold, there is no way whoever renewed wants to stand there. They have just bought their ticket thinking it was the right thing to do, you can’t say to people to wait when tickets have already been sold.

yet again another complete shambles with City tickets. 

Please answer me this, how am I meant to get the seat I want. As unless all seats are emptied and you start afresh it’s never going to work. 

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

SAG wouldn't approve that IMO.

Or at best, might approve it but with the accompanying 10% reduction ie the status quo but with rail seating.

I believe the 10% is advisory. 1174 is the same number we were told when moved from the Atyeo to the current unreserved corner 

14 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Jerry, i know it’s nothing to do with you but that simply isn’t good enough, was any of this tested?

You have had groups of people go on and buy their existing seats which is nowhere near where they want to be or when near friends. How is it going to work now tickets have already been sold?

The club have no option but to make it unreserved. For example I have been on the phone to the ticket office and where I stand has already been sold, there is no way whoever renewed wants to stand there. They have just bought their ticket thinking it was the right thing to do, you can’t say to people to wait when tickets have already been sold.

yet again another complete shambles with City tickets. 

Please answer me this, how am I meant to get the seat I want. As unless all seats are emptied and you start afresh it’s never going to work. 

Either

a) The SAG will have something to say about that and the rail seating maybe put on hold.

Or

b) We will have the rail seating with unreserved seating, but with the current capacity reductions in place for unreserved areas 10%.

I can't see the SAG moving to now allow at this stage certainly, the end of the 10% for unreserved areas while installing rail seating at the same time.

8 minutes ago, Puckle_red said:

I believe the 10% is advisory. 1174 is the same number we were told when moved from the Atyeo to the current unreserved corner 

Worth checking with Jerry SLO I guess?

Read about it at other stadia- maybe it is purely advisory?

This is 5 years ago and could've changed but suggests that it was imposed.

This is further back but another club- makes me wonder and again plenty of time for changes.

Anyway it's basically unclear- some sources say advisory, some say mandatory. Agree to disagree.

I work in IT recruitment and software testing is a multi million pound industry. It seems City have never heard of it.....

Seriously, it was really important that they got this right today but they’ve made a spectacular hash of it. Again. When will these things ever run smoothly? 

I've just got off the phone after a 30 minute wait. I was 12th in queue when I first got through.

I was not able to make the booking online if I wanted to move seats/spaces so the guy on the phone went through the process for me and sorted the booking at booking office end.

I was not able to look at a stadium plan to choose my seats so had to describe where I wanted to go. Bloke in the ticket office then talked me through the options.

20 minutes later.........all sorted.

Hopefully the allocation of seats/spaces is purely a box ticking exercise to satisfy the demands of having stand seating. With a little sense and people not demanding to go in their actual space we ought to be able to carry on how we have been doing for the last three seasons.......stand where you want.....don't make a fuss. Sorted.

5 minutes ago, Pieman said:

What’s the big panic? People renewing the seat they don’t want as soon as they are on sale. There is obviously a problem which has now grown exponentially because people couldn’t wait for it to be fixed. Happy Monday everyone ?

Because those of us in the unreserved section have been told if we want to sit/stand in the same spot we’ve been in for a few years now, we need to select our seats at the earliest opportunity so those don’t get allocated to someone else. I’ve stood in the same spot since I moved in there. They’re not the seat numbers on my season tickets but I chose to go there as it was unreserved (had to have an allocated seat for admin purposes) and I want to continue to remain in that same spot going forward. THAT’S why there’s a hurry. The rest of the stadium it doesn’t matter rushing to do it today, the unreserved section it does, in case the allocated seating gets enforced by the SAG. 

Right

Go on Bristol CITY website not Bristol sport, log in.

Drop down menu - Tickets and Memberships (don’t click just highlight over it)

Season cards - (don’t click just highlight over it) and click on ‘buy online’

scroll to bottom of page

select ‘buy season card’ 

it will let you select a seat.

At 11:03 I received a generic email sent to all fans encouraging me to purchase ASAP; Bristol City's website and Twitter account also carries similar messaging.  Aside from this thread and Section 82 on Twitter there have been no "formal" confirmation advising to wait.  

I was on the system at 10AM and just renewed my existing seats, which were coincidentally close to where I wanted to go, but not exactly where I would have selected if I were given the chance.  It now seems like those who weren't as "prompt" will get to choose where they wish to move to and we will be stuck with whatever is left on March 16th........

5 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Right

Go on Bristol CITY website not Bristol sport, log in.

Drop down menu - Tickets and Memberships (don’t click just highlight over it)

Season cards - (don’t click just highlight over it) and click on ‘buy online’

scroll to bottom of page

select ‘buy season card’ 

it will let you select a seat.

Interesting - that wasn't available at 10AM, maybe they've now updated the system?

10 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Because those of us in the unreserved section have been told if we want to sit/stand in the same spot we’ve been in for a few years now, we need to select our seats at the earliest opportunity so those don’t get allocated to someone else. I’ve stood in the same spot since I moved in there. They’re not the seat numbers on my season tickets but I chose to go there as it was unreserved (had to have an allocated seat for admin purposes) and I want to continue to remain in that same spot going forward. THAT’S why there’s a hurry. The rest of the stadium it doesn’t matter rushing to do it today, the unreserved section it does, in case the allocated seating gets enforced by the SAG. 

I’m in that section, so thanks for the explanation but it’s not really needed. Everyone’s seat is reserved for a week, so there is no panic to buy immediately. You had seven days to panic buy the ticket you don’t want. Now it will cause bigger problems trying to get everyone to play musical chairs to the tune of Drink up the cider.

17 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

The only issue with what carey6 has said, this isn’t renewing your ticket it’s buying a new one that anyone could do regardless if you are in those blocks

I've just had a look at that and it makes you assign owners, if you try use someone who hasn't got a ticket in there previously, it doesn't let you. 

24 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I’m in that section, so thanks for the explanation but it’s not really needed. Everyone’s seat is reserved for a week, so there is no panic to buy immediately. You had seven days to panic buy the ticket you don’t want. Now it will cause bigger problems trying to get everyone to play musical chairs to the tune of Drink up the cider.

My allocated seats currently aren’t where I have stood the last few years though so it is a problem if that’s now likely to be enforced. Hopefully the place will self police, but I didn’t want to take that risk and so wanted to choose the seats in the area I actually want to go, instead of the randomly generated seats I was given when they made it unreserved. Plus I wanted all 5 of them together. 

If you go via the city website and then season card renewals you can basically buy as many tickets in s24-27 as you like as many times.

Your old season ticket seat is still renewable, it is issuing you a new one. You can literally just keep going on and buying as many as you like.

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

If you go via the city website and then season card renewals you can basically buy as many tickets in s24-27 as you like as many times.

Your old season ticket seat is still renewable, it is issuing you a new one. You can literally just keep going on and buying as many as you like.

Please don’t keep putting loads of tickets in your basket, thus taking them off sale for others. When people search for the seats they want, they won’t be able to get them if they’ve been temporarily reserved by doing what you have. 

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Please don’t keep putting loads of tickets in your basket, thus taking them off sale for others. When people search for the seats they want, they won’t be able to get them if they’ve been temporarily reserved by doing what you have. 

I’m not at all sorry Marie, I had to argue with the bloke on the phone to let me move seats as bought earlier. 

Anyone with a season ticket in any area can buy in s24-27, so people outside those blocks are getting them.

Also, it’s not renewing your old season ticket so that can be renewed again also. 

It’s a complete shambles. 

10 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

I’m not at all sorry Marie, I had to argue with the bloke on the phone to let me move seats as bought earlier. 

What was the outcome for you on this? I was told can't do it, have to wait until 16th March and that was that. System not set up to allow it apparently

16 minutes ago, BCFC101 said:

What was the outcome for you on this? I was told can't do it, have to wait until 16th March and that was that. System not set up to allow it apparently

It is possible , call them back and say you want a refund on the ones you just bought as you can go back in now and buy more even though you have already got some. 

Archived