IGNORED

The Peter Principle

KernowRed

The concept of the 'Peter Principle' is quite simple, the Coach, team squad and to some extent the management have all settled in to a cosy existence and are not concerned to get to the PL.

Why, they have all reached their height of incompetance. See link;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_principle

Whist some have improved in the past, they get transferred to a better club, but then also reach their level of incompetance.

The present set up is just so, they can see they will be no good in the PL, so play to exist as they are being retained next season to do exactly the same.

Until some player from the Academy excells and desires to stay at the club, this will continue for ever, also, should the management finally change the coach or coaches and get in a well proven Manager, and I dont mean a Warnock type, the club will be static forever.

The January window confirmed the club were not interested in promotion by loaning players who are not going anywhere in their own clubs and are just to fill gaps.

I may be wrong but have seen this in my working career, people who are content to do their days work and go home to leave others to keep the company going, because they never pull their finger out to improve things.

I am also in my 80th year and followed the 'City' from the 1950s bur rarely go to any football game, but happy to read this forum and watch the match threads, waiting for 'ffs' or 'get in' .

SL and his team have gifted the team with a marvellous stadium and training facilities, but it needs to have committment from others to be fully enjoyed.

4 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

The concept of the 'Peter Principle' is quite simple, the Coach, team squad and to some extent the management have all settled in to a cosy existence and are not concerned to get to the PL.

Whist some have improved in the past, they get transferred to a better club, but then also reach their level of incompetance.

The present set up is just so, they can see they will be no good in the PL, so play to exist as they are being retained next season to do exactly the same.

Until some player from the Academy excells and desires to stay at the club, this will continue for ever, also, should the management finally change the coach or coaches and get in a well proven Manager, and I dont mean a Warnock type, the club will be static forever.

The January window confirmed the club were not interested in promotion by loaning players who are not going anywhere in their own clubs and are just to fill gaps.

I may be wrong but have seen this in my working career, people who are content to do their days work and go home to leave others to keep the company going, because they never pull their finger out to improve things.

I am also in my 80th year and followed the 'City' from the 1950s bur rarely go to any football game, but happy to read this forum and watch the match threads, waiting for 'ffs' or 'get in' .

SL and his team have gifted the team with a marvellous stadium and training facilities, but it needs to have committment from others to be fully enjoyed.

To suggest the management and players do not want to play at the top of their profession is very disrespectful.  The accolades and financial rewards let alone personal pride make it almost impossible for the above to be true. 

7 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

To suggest the management and players do not want to play at the top of their profession is very disrespectful.  The accolades and financial rewards let alone personal pride make it almost impossible for the above to be true. 

I would’ve poo-Pooh’d this type of thing until Michael McIndoe came on here and I read his book.

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Clearly there will be a handful of examples of players who don’t want to progress. McIndoe is a complex character

He certainly is.....but in a team that is “sum of the parts” if true, it only takes one or two.  Personally I didn’t see that in the 17/18 team that lost a very strong position at Xmas.  Think it was fatigue.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He certainly is.....but in a team that is “sum of the parts” if true, it only takes one or two.  Personally I didn’t see that in the 17/18 team that lost a very strong position at Xmas.  Think it was fatigue.

Certainly wouldn’t trust McIndoe’s opinion on anything.  Also I look at this team and see players like Bentley, Hunt, Williams, Dasilva, Smith, Diedhiou....nobody can tell me these players don’t want to go up. What about Reid, Bryan, Brownhill? They all wanted to go up so much they left to get there before the club. 

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Certainly wouldn’t trust McIndoe’s opinion on anything.  Also I look at this team and see players like Bentley, Hunt, Williams, Dasilva, Smith, Diedhiou....nobody can tell me these players don’t want to go up. What about Reid, Bryan, Brownhill? They all wanted to go up so much they left to get there before the club. 

...and it was a team of winners, who had won together...led by driven players - Korey, Flint, Marlon. Their winning had been, of course, under another manager.

You correctly identify the most ambitious players in that side, Joe and Bobby, Josh, Hörður...I think says it all that they had to go elsewhere to progress, they - or their advisers - could see it wasn't happening at Ashton Gate.

Sadly.

23 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

...and it was a team of winners, who had won together...led by driven players - Korey, Flint, Marlon. Their winning had been, of course, under another manager.

You correctly identify the most ambitious players in that side, Joe and Bobby, Josh, Hörður...I think says it all that they had to go elsewhere to progress, they - or their advisers - could see it wasn't happening at Ashton Gate.

Sadly.

Disagree on that last point. If someone offers you twice the wage and to get where you always dreamed you go regardless of what you are leaving behind 

Archived