IGNORED

Diedhiou

Charlie BCFC

40 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

On a more positive not, don’t  know if anyone noticed but before the game he spent a fair few minutes just before the warm up talking to the fans in the disabled section and took a few pictures with them. Unsure if he does this regularly but what an incredible thing to do.

Nice, yes. Incredible, no.

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

On a more positive not, don’t  know if anyone noticed but before the game he spent a fair few minutes just before the warm up talking to the fans in the disabled section and took a few pictures with them. Unsure if he does this regularly but what an incredible thing to do.

The longer he stays, the more I like this guy. For the easy misses that leave us all baffled, there's still a really important player who works hard all over the pitch - and seemingly cares a lot about the club and fans. 

3 hours ago, Charlie BCFC said:

I did see him trying to get Ashley Williams attention to have the photo with the mascot group, but Willams was preparing for the toss and didn't realise. I did think for a moment Diedhiou was going to step in and be in the photo but he didn't

I agree with slippin cider.

I once mentioned how underwhelmed I was by his debut and the following 2 yrs but since November time he’s been our main man.

He’s coming into his prime yrs as well.Im hoping we are able to get him to extend his career here.

Wayne Allison had his best yrs playing after leaving us ,I just hope this is not the case with Fam.

Hopefully Fam and Nakhi can form a partnership as well.

plus he’s got a decent song as well .

coyr

4 hours ago, Victory Park Reds said:

[...]

Wayne Allison had his best yrs playing after leaving us ,I just hope this is not the case with Fam.

[...]

Fam and Wayne Allison - I can't think of a better comparison in terms of driving us mad one minute and ecstatic the next. Allison was a really measured and intelligent guy who knew his limitations but never gave less than his best. The similarities are there and I would really like to see Fam stay with us as we have a player who is getting better each season.

4 hours ago, Eighteen ninetyfour said:

Fam has big passion for this club it seems, I really rate him not only as a person but as a player also. 

Just that when he has an off day, we really see the effect of it. He has really been fantastic in recent games.

Well said, my friend  well said

With Bentley's increasing number of mistakes, can anyone see another, potential Player of the Season? It has to be big Fam

And, hands up, I got it wrong in August. I thought it could be Bentley, probably would be Kallas or JD, may be Palmer, could be Nagy and possibly Weimann if he continued his important goals from last season. 

However, I was totally wrong and will be delighted if its Diedhou, :as I say is there another candidate? 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

With Bentley's increasing number of mistakes, can anyone see another, potential Player of the Season? It has to be big Fam

And, hands up, I got it wrong in August. I thought it could be Bentley, probably would be Kallas or JD, may be Palmer, could be Nagy and possibly Weimann if he continued his important goals from last season. 

However, I was totally wrong and will be delighted if its Diedhou, :as I say is there another candidate? 

Baker 

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Good shout.  Bentley, Fam and him, the main candidates imho.  Eliasson if he can get back into form.

It is a good shout but I doubt we’ll see much of him now. Benkovic has signed and for no apparent reason Baker is (as ever) the man to make way. I’ve a horrible feeling that we are obliged to play Benkovic. Similarly, as soon as Kalas is deemed properly fit he’ll be ahead of Baker in the pecking order... again for no apparent reason. 
i find it baffling that we played two centre halves likely to leave in the summer and left two who cost us north of £10m on the bench... meanwhile a decent championship standard centre half is out on loan to Blackpool. 

13 hours ago, Xiled said:

The longer he stays, the more I like this guy. For the easy misses that leave us all baffled, there's still a really important player who works hard all over the pitch - and seemingly cares a lot about the club and fans. 

I was doing the hospitality bit in the Heineken lounge and ended up with our match day host (an ex City legend) sitting in the row behind. Before a ball was even kicked he was laying into Fam and was a total embarrassment to the club throughout the game. Fam can't kick, can't head, can't run etc etc.  My 2 guests did ask who that knob is. 

10 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

What about the guy with the most assists in the division? 

Cidercity; who is that? is it NE? If so he has been great in some games, poor in others (i know, who hasnt?) but overall dont think he will have mplayed enough minutes. I do get the stats and assists are important if yyou cant score yourself.

Fair point and Baker is another example - i really like his play when he's on the park but he wont have been for long enough this season to win this particular award

Archived