IGNORED

Benkovic

WSMRobin

When we signed Benkovic , I assumed we were going back to 3 CB's. I also he will prove , or would prove , what a good player he is in that system . The problem is Johnson has almost had to play Eliasson , after a couple of poor games I think that change could come.  think he would be good enough to sit in front of Kalas and Baker when we were in possession. Then drop into a 3 when we don't have the ball. 
he's not covered himself in glory so far, but with games I think he may well prove a good player.

Play 3 at the back and go with Benkovic Kalas Baker. That’s 2 out of 3 ball players and one 100% ball winner. Then 2 wing backs. 3 in midfield. Wells and Diedhiou up front. 

1 of the midfielders has to be Henriksen with 2 mobile/strong attacking players either side.

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

When we signed Benkovic , I assumed we were going back to 3 CB's. I also he will prove , or would prove , what a good player he is in that system . The problem is Johnson has almost had to play Eliasson , after a couple of poor games I think that change could come.  think he would be good enough to sit in front of Kalas and Baker when we were in possession. Then drop into a 3 when we don't have the ball. 
he's not covered himself in glory so far, but with games I think he may well prove a good player.

Another defeat, at last a chance to play the team he really wants to ?

4 minutes ago, WECANDO said:

Play 3 at the back and go with Benkovic Kalas Baker. That’s 2 out of 3 ball players and one 100% ball winner. Then 2 wing backs. 3 in midfield. Wells and Diedhiou up front. 

1 of the midfielders has to be Henriksen with 2 mobile/strong attacking players either side.

I’m such a muppet, been sat here a lot if today thinking about a back three, and been a bit uncomfortable with it lining up as:

Kalas | Benkovic | Baker - because it means Benkovic would have to come out with the ball centrally.  I did think of the following:

Kalas | Baker | Benkovic 

Why didn’t I think:

Benkovic | Kalas | Baker

???

Thank you!!!

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

been a bit uncomfortable with it lining up as:

Kalas | Benkovic | Baker - because it means Benkovic would have to come out with the ball centrally.

What's wrong with that ? LJ said he was the closest thing we had to Webster...... Benk-enbauer ?

Can definitely see us going 352 on Tuesday - Kalas, Benkovic and Baker would be the three for me...may be harsh on Williams but need to get a settled side for remaining 12 games and these are likely to be the best three

As others have said, NE has been poor for a couple of games now and so time for a change.....

Tuesday has now become a very important game

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

You are probably not alone, but from limited minutes he looks like he’s got some real quality.  That tackle chasing back yesterday, one such example.

I think the Moore loan was more to do with Vyner coming back.

I agree he looks like he has some ability, however from what I have seen he looks bloody awful against strong forwards, totally out muscled by Jutkevic and didn't not look good against Robson-kanu against WBA. 

The two negatives I noticed about him were for someone who looks like a unit, he's not particularly commanding in the air. Baker, Kalas and to an extent Williams will jump above the forward and power a header, whereas Benkovic seems to lean against the forward and glance it.

Also, when he passed to Williams across the defence it is ALWAYS a yard or two behind him, meaning Williams has to stop and take a couple of steps back before taking it forward, rather than stepping onto the ball. Thats actually something a lot of our players do which to me is a major factor why we have such slow build up play and we often get caught with the ball when passing it about.

8 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I agree needs to settle in and play in his best position, he is very right footed and looks a bit awkward where he’s been shoe horned in . 

It looks like he has always played left centre back. It seems to suit some like Webster when he was with us and Taylor Moore. 

It has surprised me we haven't seen Benkovic trying to dribble into midfield more. As it looks like he may be capable of doing that going by his YouTube clips.

But then he's only started 2 games for us so early days. I generally like what I see so far from him.

Archived