IGNORED

2021/2021 Season

ohhhshauntaylor

So hypothetically speaking- would you accept/give more time if we set our stall out that we would use/player the following “squad” 

GK- Bentley/O’Leary/Wollacoat

Def- Kalas/Baker/Moore/DaSilva/Hunt/Vyner/Pring/Rowe

Mid-

Massengo/Walsh/Morrell/Paterson/Palmer/Bakinson/Nagy/COD(praying someone is mad enough to buy him) 

FW-

Fam/Wells/Weimann/Semenyo

obviously need reinforcements and some players may go- but surely it’s now or never for the likes of Walsh, Moore, Morrell and even Semenyo to a degree.

id sooner lose 0-3 with Moore in defence than Benkovic  

I can't see much movement in the summer. Eliason will go plus a few fringe players. I would be happy to keep Henrikson and make a bid to keep Benkovic for a further 12 months in place of Williams. If Pereira leaves then we will need an upgrade on Hunt.

The orchestra has some very good players we just need to find a conductor to get the best out of them

I worry about next season. We have a large  unbalanced squad that despite all Johnson and Ashton’s bullshit does not appear to have been recruited to fit a playing identity. We’re not going to be able to make £20 million from selling players this summer so I imagine Johnson or another manager will not have much money to spend. If it was my money I certainly wouldn’t be trusting Johnson / Ashton with more. I’m of the opinion Johnson has taken this team as far as he can and am hoping a new manager may be able to create some confidence in the players and set the team up in a way that gets more out of them. 

I think Henriksen and Afobe will be in Johnson's plans, with perhaps Benko on loan again.

Johnson will look to build cohesion after what has been a season of transition (after transition, after...).

After that, LJ having been provided with the goalscorer he wanted, the height and experience, he should be content.

Unfortunately for him, he will be relying on the club securing contract extensions, with Fam and Elliasson two potential leavers.

I don''t want to appear to be  Captain Hindsight?........but I did say it at the time of the negotiations with Burnley,  that we should have gone for Vydra instead of Wells, two years younger, smarter and stronger IMHO.  I think he would have been a better foil for Famara, but I'm sure Wells will do a good job in the  long run.......and hopefully I will end up eating my words.  Although everyone was desperate for a goal scorer, I still think we have a glaring gap in midfield now Josh has gone.  Perhaps Nagy will be the solution when he is properly fit, but we need to spend some money on a reliable midfielder...........as has been shown by us being ourclassed in that area by Leeds and WBA.

Season 2021 to 2021, I think it's the correct thread title as LJ will still be here for the start of that season (as his contract will have run down a bit) and he will be fired when we lose 4-0 at home on New Years Day 2022 to Preston, then Jamie Mac will take over and we escape relegation by one game then be appointed Head Coach as he has the "correct DNA and buys into the project", you all know how it goes

Archived