IGNORED

Alex Neil

Alan Dicks

5 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Got Norwich up, has worked miracles at PNE on 13k crowds and a tiny budget. 

Couple of seasons ago had a 7th from top finish.

Good replacement for Johnson in the summer if both managers fail to go up?

What's your thoughts?

I think we need a change . 
Neil could be a contender but there are other potential candidates regardless what certain people say with regard to working conditions at Ashton Gate .

19 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What's your thoughts?

Proven winner. Been there, done it. Exactly what is needed. I'd be delighted...enthusiasm rekindled.

However...I'm managing my expectations as I prepare to renew my ST. I fear there will be no vacancy regardless of how we finish the season. SL has too much invested in the LJ project.

25 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What's your thoughts?

Interesting that last season’s accounts (sorry, RR ?) showed their first big loss, following a modest profit (not to be under-estimated in the Champ) the year before and small losses the first two seasons up.

C9F7DFD1-B2E6-4215-80E6-5F0F3A5AA58E.thumb.jpeg.db4ea9a1c3d24f23d923ebcc60d2f255.jpeg

@Mortis

@pnefcok

is Hemmings supporting these losses?

is this a bit of a shit or bust season?

41 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

What's your thoughts?

Don’t be ridiculous, he’s been dismissed as not good enough for us a long time ago - along with Chris Wilder, Chris Hughton, Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce, Nigel Adkins, Nigel Pearson etc etc etc - you can’t go against the experts on here, they don’t want successful guys at the helm of our club, most seem happy to accept mediocrity for a long, long time ... you’ll get more positive responses if you suggest people like Appleton, Tisdale, McAllister ...

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t be ridiculous, he’s been dismissed as not good enough for us a long time ago - along with Chris Wilder, Chris Hughton, Mick McCarthy, Steve Bruce, Nigel Adkins, Nigel Pearson etc etc etc - you can’t go against the experts on here, they don’t want successful guys at the helm of our club, most seem happy to accept mediocrity for a long, long time ... you’ll get more positive responses if you suggest people like Appleton, Tisdale, McAllister ...

In that case I'll go for Scott Murray.

Didn’t Stoke want him a few months ago, and I think he has been linked to Premiership jobs since? He hasn’t left Preston for them why would he leave to join us, even if there was a vacancy which I can’t see happening for quite a while. 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

What's your thoughts?

What’s his budget?

34 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

Out of interest, why would he come to us rather than stay at Preston? I think most would see that as a sideways step..

You seen the plans for us? There will be a lot of interest in this job the next time it’s available 

1 hour ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A reasonable manager but it's all moot. There's a project going on at City and I sense no desire for change from the Lansdown's, the Board or LJ himself. 

Whether or not we make the play-offs we will finish in a good position. Unless LJ gets a remarkable offer he's here for 20/21 at least. 

The word ‘project’ is soooo overused in football - usually by a manager desperate to be given more time as he’s not succeeding...

Johnson is head coach. Should he leave his replacement will also be the head coach. 

SL's project does not allow for a manager. If any of the names suggested wanted to be the manager they would not be considered. Not the right fit. They would not be the type of appointment required. Any new head coach must be able to slot into the club's existing setup including MA et al. 

I have seen a few opinions that this year is shit or bust for PNE. Been building with the same solid squad for quite a few years now without selling their crown jewels unlike us. But expect some big departures in the summer as contract lengths shorten like Pearson and that might include the manager if he think he has taken them as far as he can.

He has turned down offers from clubs like Stoke but we are surely an attractive proposal to a lot of managers. A top third fanbase, supportive owners and ability to spend millions more than the likes of PNE.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

A reasonable manager but it's all moot. There's a project going on at City and I sense no desire for change from the Lansdown's, the Board or LJ himself. 

Whether or not we make the play-offs we will finish in a good position. Unless LJ gets a remarkable offer he's here for 20/21 at least. 

And the rest. LJ and MA will be here no matter for a  long long time.

We have to accept that sadly.

2 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

There is indeed a project which SL trusts LJ to implement. He thought he could’ve trust SC to implement it having supported the strategy at interview but ultimately he failed to deliver - the main reason he was sacked.

Your’re also right that LJ and MA will be at City for quite some time yet - providing SL continues to see progress season on season.

Why some posters can’t accept that very simple fact is beyond me.

Archived