IGNORED

Alex Neil

Alan Dicks

Whilst I am as disappointed as many fans with the disappointing displays we are still in a good position. Its not mentioned by many but having a midfield player in Josh Brownhill who's played week in week out over the last couple of seasons who's then sold in the January transfer window is bound to have an impact on what is best described as a disjointed season to date.

Nagy is playing with an ankle injury. Henriksen  hasn't played all season. Williams was a short term answer and Benkovic I suspect was promised games to get the loan so basically we're getting him match fit for his parent club.

All four of these players were below par on Saturday.

I think we're doing well to be still in the running considering we are continually selling the best parts of the team. Is it any wonder we have disjointed displays.

Would Alex Neill do any better who knows. You have understand the club's approach and with it recognise that considering all of the player upheaval we are still hanging in there.  

19 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Interesting that last season’s accounts (sorry, RR ?) showed their first big loss, following a modest profit (not to be under-estimated in the Champ) the year before and small losses the first two seasons up.

C9F7DFD1-B2E6-4215-80E6-5F0F3A5AA58E.thumb.jpeg.db4ea9a1c3d24f23d923ebcc60d2f255.jpeg

@Mortis

@pnefcok

is Hemmings supporting these losses?

is this a bit of a shit or bust season?

Our finances are in a reasonable place as far as the championship is concerned. These accounts are nothing new - as another North End fan has said, this doesn't take into account the sale of Robinson. Hemmings has been putting in circa £6M a year since he's had full control of the club. 

15 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

I have seen a few opinions that this year is shit or bust for PNE. Been building with the same solid squad for quite a few years now without selling their crown jewels unlike us. But expect some big departures in the summer as contract lengths shorten like Pearson and that might include the manager if he think he has taken them as far as he can.

He has turned down offers from clubs like Stoke but we are surely an attractive proposal to a lot of managers. A top third fanbase, supportive owners and ability to spend millions more than the likes of PNE.

Not sure about this. We sold Hugill in Jan 2018 for £9M when we were on the cusp of the play offs. We sold Cunningham for £4M the following summer, who was one of our best players. We sold Callum Robinson for £7M in the summer just gone, who scored 13 goals for us last season despite being injured for four months... 

Like you say, I think Bristol City is an attractive proposal. Big budget, an owner who backs the manager, very nice city, new stadium, good fan base (always liked you lot)... But if AN turned down a 30K a week contract from a West Brom side who were third in the league, and turned down another huge salary opportunity from Stoke (when him and his family wouldn't have had to relocate), then I very highly doubt he'd move to you lot. 

7 hours ago, pnefcok said:

That’s what West Brom and Stoke fans said, before he turned them down.

There’s a good chance if we don’t go up that he will not turn down a 3rd big offer and will leave IMO.

But having turned down huge contracts at recent ex-Prem clubs, no disrespect at all intended, he would most likely only leave for a bigger club than Bristol City.

Who in the prem takes him? 

Loads going on behind the scenes, top class training facilities, investment in the side etc and an owner who would give you time 

just my opinion mind...

Archived