IGNORED

3-5-effin-2 (aka How Do You Solve A Problem like Niclas Eliasson)

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Roe said:

Maybe true, he wasn't very good.  But I just find it a bit odd and it's not the first player it's happened to.

me too.....but in fairness to LJ he does say he picks his bench differently to cover certain scenarios.  Assume Pereira back in is to allow Hunt to bomb for as long as he can, knowing he’s got another RWB on the bench.  Pereira can also play LB (as can Rowe).

Why do so many of our players often go from not getting in the team at all, to being thrown in at the deep end and then left completely out of the squad again after?

38 minutes ago, Jimbo76 said:

Have to say,  that is the exact team I would have picked.  

Just not sure how we expect a team to perform well with such frequent changing of personnel and formation.  Fingers crossed. 

Think Gary Owers has got it spot on. Change the personnel but keep the formation. Wolves did it last year, and it’s working well this year too.

Reasonably happy with that side. Rowe deserves a crack in CM.

@E.G.Red Wolves can switch between a 3-4-3 and 3-5-2. Possibly even in promotiom season at times a strikerless 3-5-2 or 3-4-1-2, or possibly even a 3-5-1-1.

However that basic template is key but when we had him, playing say Brownhills or Palmer as the '1' in a 3-4-1-2 would bring about significant tactical differences. Paterson possibly somewhere between the two. 

Archived