IGNORED

Ying and Yang

cidered abroad

He's taking the piss.

I used to do that when I worked for a Germany company and used to drop obscure archaic English and West Country argot and sayings into emails.

The Germans were very proud of their proficiency in English so didn't want to admit that they didn't know what I meant by phrases such as "the full nine yards" or "a cod lot".

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

What the hell is Johnson talking about.

See Club Site for full statement.

Somebody get the men in white coats to collect him for a long stay in hospital!

"We’ve got to make sure we pick a team of individuals that can get that balance. It’s the Ying and the Yang versus the release of the attacking players, quality and flare more importantly, versus the steel…we have missed that in the last couple of games. That’s there for everybody to see but somebody has got to take that mantle.”

Possible new recruits ? 

3 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

It makes sense, technically, but definitely doesn't do him any favours. Just say pros and cons.

I don't think he means pros and cons, I think he means the perfect equilibrium of attacking flair and steely grit and determination, both of which have been lacking in the past two games.

Ying and yang isn't the right expression anyway, because it implies he's failed to get the perfect balance, in which case one should have been too strong - and I can hardly believe he is suggesting we've been good on either basis. There was neither attacking flair, nor fight. The exception to that is Famara, who seems to get stuck in at both ends, but I don't expect LJ to single him out unless he has a bad game.

For people who can’t be bothered to go to the OS:

“We’ve got to make sure we pick a team of individuals that can get that balance. It’s the Ying and the Yang versus the release of the attacking players, quality and flare more importantly, versus the steel…we have missed that in the last couple of games. That’s there for everybody to see but somebody has got to take that mantle.”

I like the way he says the word “versus” twice in the same sentence.

I understand that due to the Coronavirus the Chinese League has been dissolved and we’ve signed two lads that were out of contract

Both small, neat busy bees and our new midfield pairing 

On a serious note he does like to make public his ‘dilemmas’ behind team selections , far more than any other manager I’ve known , they are indeed normal dilemmas than any manager has building or selecting a side, compromises and decisions , - I’m intrigued why he has to keep being so public about them  - most who know anything about football understand this

A defence mechanism/shield against fans criticisms (The complexities of my job)   ?

or

An inadvertent indication of how much he is constantly battling with such thought processes

For media purposes he could have said

‘I have to weigh up options , but I’ll be picking a side to ,hopefully win the game ‘

Id  suggest that if we have a real prospect of the Play Offs we need to do so with momentum and a degree of consistency in selection and,  personally I’d be basing my selections for the remainder of the season around a favoured formation and my favoured team to ideally start 

From there I’d tweak tactically or occasionally selection wise , but if we continue to tinker with everything on a match to match , (Plus constant in game changes) we will fall short.

Time to stick to a plan Lee , even if it’s initially , just for the forthcoming 12 games

2 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

“We’ve got to make sure we pick a team of individuals that can get that balance. It’s the Ying and the Yang versus the release of the attacking players, quality and flare more importantly, versus the steel…we have missed that in the last couple of games. That’s there for everybody to see but somebody has got to take that mantle.”

There's not really anything wrong with him saying that. People just like to pick up on insignificant things he says to criticise him. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

There's not really anything wrong with him saying that. People just like to pick up on insignificant things he says to criticise him. 

I don’t know, one of the criticisms of the team is that they don’t understand his tactics. He’s hardly speaking in plain English is he - it’s a bit muddled and abstract - makes you wonder what he’s saying on the training pitch and whether it’s confusing them.

2 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

I don’t know, one of the criticisms of the team is that they don’t understand his tactics. He’s hardly speaking in plain English is he - it’s a bit muddled and abstract - makes you wonder what he’s saying on the training pitch and whether it’s confusing them.

We have no idea how he speaks to the team so difficult to say 

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

I don't think he means pros and cons, I think he means the perfect equilibrium of attacking flair and steely grit and determination, both of which have been lacking in the past two games.

Ying and yang isn't the right expression anyway, because it implies he's failed to get the perfect balance, in which case one should have been too strong - and I can hardly believe he is suggesting we've been good on either basis. There was neither attacking flair, nor fight. The exception to that is Famara, who seems to get stuck in at both ends, but I don't expect LJ to single him out unless he has a bad game.

That’s exactly what he’s saying but using coaching terminology. If you and I can understand it then other poster should be able to as well but certain posters would rather use his comments as a stick to beat him with.

14 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's taking the piss.

I used to do that when I worked for a Germany company and used to drop obscure archaic English and West Country argot and sayings into emails.

The Germans were very proud of their proficiency in English so didn't want to admit that they didn't know what I meant by phrases such as "the full nine yards" or "a cod lot".

Eddie, you should have saved a few of them, would have been a great read.. 

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That’s exactly what he’s saying but using coaching terminology. If you and I can understand it then other poster should be able to as well but certain posters would rather use his comments as a stick to beat him with.

is it coaching terminology? :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Why would you consider waffle to be “coaching terminology “, just trying to be too clever for his own good and that’s why people pick up on it.

Maybe with some straight talking coaching the squad would have an idea of what’s required to put in some kind of cohesive performance.

33 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

So why the frick doesn’t he then ? 

22 minutes ago, Robbored said:

To be fair it's a poor sentence. I talk Gibbons too from time to time, but I don't do press conferences. Reading it back, that's not a great sentence.

Edit, I meant gubbins, not Gibbons, but hey, I did an LJ!

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

What the hell is Johnson talking about.

See Club Site for full statement.

Somebody get the men in white coats to collect him for a long stay in hospital!

Is Ying and Yang Chinese for Billl and Ben, because they might be able to make sense of the flobbadob rubbish LJ comes out with sometimes? 

3 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The plan has been 442 because elliasson is our best player. But it doesnt really suit anyone else in the squad. And if elliasson is double marked out of the game we are then screwed

Pretty much the problem over the ages with tricky wingers.  I'm afraid that we can't afford such luxury players tonight (useful to have on the bench though).

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

He's taking the piss.

What did they make of your name Eddie?

3 minutes ago, fairweather said:

What did they make of your name Eddie?

Whilst they also prided themsleves on their knowledge of the British sense of humour I don't think that even they would have got that joke.

The full joke is that the name is Edward E Hitler; so that because most people's attention is drawn by the surname they don't then go on to enquire what the middle initial stands for.

It's Elizabeth.

Archived