IGNORED

Mr LANDSDOWN

Redandproud

Do the honest thing for the fans of Bristol City fc, get rid of this clown (LJ), he's taken us as for as he can, not experienced enough to get us to the top flight, he's got a plan A but no Plan B when losing at home, in the last 4seasons we've hovered around the playoff place's, when we've had the chance to go 3rd or 4th we've flopped, if you say you want top flight then LJ is not the man, we need a more experienced manager, 

6 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

That's embarrassing. You lose me with words like "clown".  He's clearly not a clown, he just isn't playing champagne football.  Just look at the teams around us and the form of those teams. Are all those managers clowns too? 

He lost me by getting our owners name wrong.

8 minutes ago, Angmering Red said:

If you are going to tell a successful billionaire businessman and our owner/benefactor how to do his job, you could at least have the decently to spell his ******* name correctly....??

Of course very successful with the "day job"..

But is he really a football man??..

I think not.....

Pretty pointless gettin' rid of Lee as the next incumbent will only be another 'bright young thing,,,,or even promotion from within,,dread the thought!

Any proven experienced coach would not work within Steve's framework anyway..classic "Catch 22"!!

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

Do the honest thing for the fans of Bristol City fc, get rid of this clown (LJ), he's taken us as for as he can, not experienced enough to get us to the top flight, he's got a plan A but no Plan B when losing at home, in the last 4seasons we've hovered around the playoff place's, when we've had the chance to go 3rd or 4th we've flopped, if you say you want top flight then LJ is not the man, we need a more experienced manager, 

Not experienced enough...

How many current Championship managers have more consecutive championship games under their belt?

Oh, and have been on a final-league-position trajectory for the last few years.

Against a background of no parachute payments and having to see players at their peak value.

Anything short of a win tonight and the other children will also be getting their crayons out to ask for Lee to be moved on. 

Then watch as 6 months down the line we have slid back to mid table and that manager gets a nice gardening leave package - to add to FFP, before we spin the tombola to find someone else who can talk the talk. 

No changes need to be made until after the season is finished.

Better of trying and add some positive vibe to the atmosphere around the club, it might just get us where we’d like to be?

18 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Of course very successful with the "day job"..

But is he really a football man??..

I think not.....

Pretty pointless gettin' rid of Lee as the next incumbent will only be another 'bright young thing,,,,or even promotion from within,,dread the thought!

Any proven experienced coach would not work within Steve's framework anyway..classic "Catch 22"!!

How many of today's billionaire owners are "football men" - The Saudies, The Americans, Quataris,  Denise Coates ( she's not even a man!!)?

As for proven experienced coaches not being prepared to work within SL's framework. As  ffp bites harder, and more and more clubs have to work to a sustainability model ( see Mel Morris's comments after the Pride Park saga unfolded last year) then proven experienced coaches who won't work within a sustainability model similar to SL's will all be fighting for jobs at clubs with parachute payments, as they are likely to be the only clubs able to afford not to.

How many more times can Reading, Wednesday and Derby sell their stadia?

For what it's worth, Ive long said that I think that SL was ahead of the curve in realising the impact of ffp and took  steps to put in place a sustainability strategy to ensure we avoided future problems. At the time of LJ's appointment it might well have been that there might have been other coaches/managers who  were not prepared to work within the financial constraints ( a la Steve Cotterill) but LJ was, understandably, happy to. 

If LJ has perhaps reached the limit of his capability, I don't see SL changing the club's strategy, and compromising so much,  in order to accommodate the "right manager". However, I would  hope that as financial reality affects more and more clubs, the fact that we are established in our strategy to stay solvent for ffp purposes and , despite what many fans think, have remained pretty competitive despite having sold so many good players, might make us an attractive proposition for decent managers/coaches.

Who do you want to bring in instead? I'm genuinely interested to hear your answer. 

Makes me laugh 

The man is not a magician, there will come a time when he can’t keep building sides and progress when his best players are sold every season 

Webster, Pack, Brownhill played how many games last year for him? 

About time he was given the respect he deserves 

9 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Makes me laugh 

The man is not a magician, there will come a time when he can’t keep building sides and progress when his best players are sold every season 

Webster, Pack, Brownhill played how many games last year for him? 

About time he was given the respect he deserves 

Isn't selling key players just standard life in the Championship though? For many clubs anyway.

He is doing fine and I'm not LJ out, but the style and the setup...I have big reservations about. His inability or unwillingness to use players signed from higher levels in positions that might get the best out of them is also a recurring concern- and feeds into the style and setup point.

Certainly NOT LJ out though!

Do people still write to the owner/manager of football clubs by post anymore, or was that a pre-internet thing?

It always confuses me when people write their letters to Steve Lansdown or Lee Johnson on OTIB, as if despite all the sophisticated communication channels in the world, @Redandproud's posting history on OTIB is the first thing SL or LJ is going to check when they start their working day. If you feel strongly enough (and can be bothered to spell their names correctly) then write to them. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually took the trouble to write back with a reply - real, politely written correspondence tends to have that effect, as opposed to one liners posted for attention on OTIB. 

SYNT

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Isn't selling key players just standard life in the Championship though? For many clubs anyway.

He is doing fine and I'm not LJ out, but the style and the setup...I have big reservations about. His inability or unwillingness to use players signed from higher levels in positions that might get the best out of them is also a recurring concern- and feeds into the style and setup point.

Certainly NOT LJ out though!

What many seem to forget that it is not just about FFP - when a PL club comes along offering xwages, the players themselves (and their agents) will want to move on.

Is it Lee or is it his coaches that are the problem though.  I am starting to see our players chickening out of tackles and making half hearted aerial challenges more and more as the season progresses.  Then look at the WBA game.  3 goals conceded by three individual errors.  Is that Lee's fault?

Ultimately, the buck stops with the manager but there may be other causes that we don't know about.

53 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Is it Lee or is it his coaches that are the problem though.  I am starting to see our players chickening out of tackles and making half hearted aerial challenges more and more as the season progresses.  Then look at the WBA game.  3 goals conceded by three individual errors.  Is that Lee's fault?

Ultimately, the buck stops with the manager but there may be other causes that we don't know about.

None, apparently it's all Mr. Landowner's doing. You know, the club's top knob bloke with all the money.

He’s not going to be sacked every time we lose. He will be here for the remainder of the season at least as we are still in with a shout of promotion and we’re not going down. 

Yes it’s awful football, yes it’s clueless tactics, yes we have no identity, but for the grace of god, some cracking victories, desperate defending, and the inconsistency of 98% of the other teams in this division the playoffs are still within touching distance.

At the end of season assessment if we fail to make the playoffs or finish above where we finished last season I think it could possibly be bye bye Lee Johnson, but he isn’t going anywhere now, so these threads are pointless.

I’m in the Johnson out camp, because I don’t believe he has the ability to get the best out of players and his tactics at times are frightening, but I understand the bigger picture and the happy clapper viewpoint that we are still in the mix, so he’s got to be allowed to see the season through until its conclusion.

I honestly don’t think he is capable of getting us there mind you, but if he does then fair play to him.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well , this is helpful

IMHO Original posts like this , and the obvious thread to come , and whatever the original subject , should be deleted  

It is an open forum to be fair.

If someone want to post like this then they should be allowed to - but they should expect the backlash that this particular post has received.

We can't be censoring opinion (unless it is in extreme circumstances ofc).

Archived