IGNORED

Mr LANDSDOWN

Redandproud

3 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

It is an open forum to be fair.

If someone want to post like this then they should be allowed to - but they should expect the backlash that this particular post has received.

We can't be censoring opinion (unless it is in extreme circumstances ofc).

All for free speech but

Posted , and worded in a way not to procure debate , but merely to cause reaction , outrage and divide (IMHO)

Personally I see nil positives or value in that , especially to start a thread 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

All for free speech but

Posted , and worded in a way not to procure debate , but merely to cause reaction , outrage and divide (IMHO)

Personally I see nil positives or value in that , especially to start a thread 

Yeah, you're right. Also to be fair I do despise posts which are written in such as way as to address a particular person at the club who we know for sure won't read it, and wouldn't care even if they did!

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

I don’t know what is worse, the trolls that decide to start these threads or the people incapable of just ignoring the obvious attention the OP is craving....... the internet man! what a place.. ?

I find it strangely compelling. I hover over the title, knowing exactly what will be in it and that I shouldn`t open it but then my finger just clicks on `open thread` and all is lost!

33 minutes ago, grifty said:

I like the way he’s waited 3 days since the WBA game to post this rather than after the game. It’s been bubbling up inside and suddenly exploded out this morning! 

I just about remember those days, I think I had about 64 pairs of socks :laugh:

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

So I spelled the owners name wrong, Lansdown is that OK, 

Not really. No. 
Try deleting most of the rest of your drivel (post) and you might be getting somewhere..!

What sort of complete (I actually can’t even think of the suitable word!) posts this on the day of a game, before kick off - 3 days after a defeat to the league leaders has been and gone..?! 

7 hours ago, Rob k said:

Makes me laugh 

The man is not a magician, there will come a time when he can’t keep building sides and progress when his best players are sold every season 

Webster, Pack, Brownhill played how many games last year for him? 

About time he was given the respect he deserves 

Respect is earned not given .

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Usual guff from people who think it’s up to the fans to suggest replacements - we have a huge recruitment team apparently - that’s their job - let them do it rather than post smug replies ...

I'm not enjoying the football this season at all but by the same logic it's not up to the fans to suggest that Lansdown should fire him - we've got a board for that. My point is that it's easy to state he should be fired but realistic replacements who would actually want to come here, and the fans actually want, is a lot harder. Some of the more realistic options are absolutely dreadful and a lot of the suggestions posted on here are nonsense. 

2 minutes ago, Coppello said:

I'm not enjoying the football this season at all but by the same logic it's not up to the fans to suggest that Lansdown should fire him - we've got a board for that. My point is that it's easy to state he should be fired but realistic replacements who would actually want to come here, and the fans actually want, is a lot harder. Some of the more realistic options are absolutely dreadful and a lot of the suggestions posted on here are nonsense. 

Cheers for the reply. I think potential managers/head coaches would look at our stadium, infrastructure, squad, owner’s loyalty to the manager and money given to LJ to spend on players and think we are a good prospect and a great club at which to be in charge... I think a lot of people would be surprised at the calibre of gaffer we could now attract ...

10 hours ago, Redandproud said:

Do the honest thing for the fans of Bristol City fc, get rid of this clown (LJ), he's taken us as for as he can, not experienced enough to get us to the top flight, he's got a plan A but no Plan B when losing at home, in the last 4seasons we've hovered around the playoff place's, when we've had the chance to go 3rd or 4th we've flopped, if you say you want top flight then LJ is not the man, we need a more experienced manager, 

Totally agree

The ground will look like Huddersfield soon fans staying away

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Cheers for the reply. I think potential managers/head coaches would look at our stadium, infrastructure, squad, owner’s loyalty to the manager and money given to LJ to spend on players and think we are a good prospect and a great club at which to be in charge... I think a lot of people would be surprised at the calibre of gaffer we could now attract ...

I'd really like to hope so too but I feel we would go for another one for the future with high potential. The 'head coach' role might put some people off as they won't be able to take the club in the direction they want and I can't see a big name wanting that set up. My fear, as someone mentioned on OSIB, is that we would recruit from within and appointment McAllister or Holden. 

1 minute ago, Coppello said:

I'd really like to hope so too but I feel we would go for another one for the future with high potential. The 'head coach' role might put some people off as they won't be able to take the club in the direction they want and I can't see a big name wanting that set up. My fear, as someone mentioned on OSIB, is that we would recruit from within and appointment McAllister or Holden. 

Totally agree - we won’t get a Warnock, Bruce, McCarthy, Pearson, Adkins, Hughton type - we’ll get an Appleton, Tisdale, McAllister type - and we will tread water for a few more years, we are obviously scared of success and comfortable with mediocrity.... 

I don’t think for one minute that SL reads any of our posts on here but If I were one of Hargreaves Lansdown investors I would be extremely worried about SL’s investment in City - his pet project and his only manager a long term non entity when it comes to managing his staff! 
Equate that to any of his fund managers and that would seriously damage the companies share price!

11 minutes ago, dave36 said:

I don’t think for one minute that SL reads any of our posts on here but If I were one of Hargreaves Lansdown investors I would be extremely worried about SL’s investment in City - his pet project and his only manager a long term non entity when it comes to managing his staff! 
Equate that to any of his fund managers and that would seriously damage the companies share price!

I'm not sure why they'd be concerned.  He doesn't have anything to do with HL anymore besides own shares.  He stepped down as non-exec chairman years ago and doesn't work with them.  

24 minutes ago, dave36 said:

Wibble.

11 hours ago, Coppello said:

No please NO, 

11 hours ago, Coppello said:

McAllister is being built up for the top job, he'll replace LJ.  SL will be forever haunted (and wounded?) by 'big name' Coppell.

Archived