IGNORED

1970's Football related Graffiti/Vandalism

RaspberryRed

Hello

I am helping to put together an exhibition that will take place this summer at the M Shed.

So I am appealing for anyone that may have any Bristol football related Graffiti or Vandalism from the 1970s and early 80s.

Any contributions would be very much appreciated. If anyone can help please drop me a message or reply on this thread.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Hello

I am helping to put together an exhibition that will take place this summer at the M Shed.

So I am appealing for anyone that may have any Bristol football related Graffiti or Vandalism from the 1970s and early 80s.

Any contributions would be very much appreciated. If anyone can help please drop me a message or reply on this thread.

I've got a team photo I was in as a kid and we're in front of the changing room at GrevSmythe park and on the wall behind us is a big National Front symbol! Must have been late 80s. Different times!

29 minutes ago, mozo said:

I've got a team photo I was in as a kid and we're in front of the changing room at GrevSmythe park and on the wall behind us is a big National Front symbol! Must have been late 80s. Different times!

We are looking to represent how times have changed but that wasn't quite the subject matter we were after ? that will be interesting when the grandchildren ask what it means!

Thanks for your reply

1 hour ago, RaspberryRed said:

Hello

I've still got the scar behind my left ear after all the coach windows got done at Millwall in '85 if that's any help

I seem to remember in the 70's in was red spray paint on walls with 'City Rule OK'. Or some anti Rovers stuff. 

The bill board next to the Sun had. 'Pulis, keep the ball on the grass or your out on your ass' on it, when it should have said ' waste all our money on shite players then f off to Portsmouth..' 

3 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

I seem to remember in the 70's in was red spray paint on walls with 'City Rule OK'. Or some anti Rovers stuff. 

The bill board next to the Sun had. 'Pulis, keep the ball on the grass or your out on your ass' on it, when it should have said ' waste all our money on shite players then f off to Portsmouth..' 

Haha.  That was next door to my old house. Opposite the old toll house. Remember it fondly!

12 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Great recollection and exactly the type of pics we're looking for if they're out there

Archived