IGNORED

Cold and Wet in Huddersfield - Match Day Thread 35

RedM

Big side. 6 over 6 foot players. And Rowe and Wells are good in the air too.

Be interesting to see Rowe. Was impressed with him in preseason against Derby in midfield. But not so much against Barnsley.

15 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Ditto.

Only difference for me is Rowe instead of Korey Smith - bit of a surprise to see Rowe in there.

Can't grumble about that team, lets hope they turn up.

Think I read Smith was still injured...hence Rowe.

At a cold wet Huddersfield, it's the most sensible option imo.

The last time I visited Huddersfield was a cup match when Danny Wilson was manager and it was as cold as **** with snow on the ground, due to the bar at the rear of the away end it turned into a great away day! 
      Think we were still in L1 whilst Huddsersfield had already been promoted to the championship or is my memory playing tricks again?

22 minutes ago, Robin101 said:

I know every game is a big one from now until the end of the season, but this feels like a bellwether.

If we can put in a good performance and get a win then we can put the last two disappointing games behind us. After all, we don’t need to be better than the top two to be in the top six.

But if we lose limply to a relegation threatened Huddersfield team then it will start to look very much like an uphill struggle. Could almost make Millwall a ‘must win’, with the usual caveat of this being the championship and expect the unexpected.

COYR!

Agree. And if we win well it might encourage LJ to stick to this formation and you never know that might kick start us to the playoffs.

I like this team. It looks solid. Not necessarily exciting, but solid. Just the sort of team to play against West Brom. I’ve given up with LJ’s logic. He goes for  a cavalier team against West Brom and then a few days later goes for a safe team against, relegation threatened, Huddersfield 

So the manager's followed up his conclusion that the game on Saturday was close but for some individual errors by players with a selection that changes the shape and half the starting XI.

******* wingbacks for ***** sake we are absolutely dire to watch when we set up like this. 

Someone needs to confiscate his tombola, we are likely to get dicked again here.

(I normally sit safely on the fence until after the game so hopefully now we'll win 3-0 and I'll look stupid.)

Archived