IGNORED

Cold and Wet in Huddersfield - Match Day Thread 35

RedM

12 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We’re making them look good . Must be 70 yards between the back 4 and strikers . The amount of space for them to run into is a ******* joke 

Smith Rowe and Grant are some players though

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

He had every opportunity to watch our previous matches on video. We've been unable to pass at home for a long time. 

Hes pretending if he didn't know. 

Definatly but i still feel bad for the guy. Poacher like him with play like this around him.

1 minute ago, Taz said:

That has to be the worst half of football since watching O'Dismal's team.

He isn't going to get sacked anytime soon, but it's almost like he's bored and wants to see how bad he can make us play before getting his severance pay.

People have been sacked for having teams playing better than this!

That last sentence is ridiculously spot on.

Christ it's a hard listen on Hesgoal (when it works) the two blokes commentating are so biased towards Huddersfield it's embarrassing everything they do is amazing fantastic and they are going to score every time they go forward we have been bad but you would think they were world beaters to listen to those two.

Certainly a contender for the worst half of the season.

The only positives being it’s only one nil and the travelling fans.

Huddersfield by far the better team, assisted by our woeful passing and lack of movement.

Other than Fammy hitting the post we have created absolutely nothing.

Any neutral watching this would likely think Huddersfield were sniffing a play-off place, we were down the bottom and tbh any neutral would also probably say the Terriers should be two or three up.

Shocking. 

Don't even know where to start with that first half performance.

Feels like a watershed moment for LJ tonight - it's a massive second half for the confidence all round, top to bottom.

Need a huge turn around, but don't see it happening tonight. 

Really very poor and running out of excuses, when we should be hitting full speed for the run in. 

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

How long would Pat Lam last if his team were so powder-puff? 

I can't imagine the players would dare let him down like they do Johnson. But then again Lam has an identify and system the players understand and train at during the week. Plus a vision of where the club are heading. Johnson changes tactics and players so often I doubt they have a clue what they are supposed to be doing as clearly Johnson doesn't.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

Christ it's a hard listen on Hesgoal (when it works) the two blokes commentating are so biased towards Huddersfield it's embarrassing everything they do is amazing fantastic and they are going to score every time they go forward we have been bad but you would think they were world beaters to listen to those two.

To be fair if i had to describe this game it would probably sound something like that

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

We make them look like it.

This really is pathetic we look totally outclassed and unfit there's no tactics we seem to be trying to play rough tonight hence 8 mins of extra time we have lost the ability to attack. With PNE and Brentford losing we ought to be taking advantage of that but no same old City :( I'm afraid there will still be people supporting LJ but they must start to realise its time for him to go

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Genuine question.

If you gave Neil Warnock this squad, who would be pick, how would he set them up and how would we do, do you reckon?

Warnock is just an example (albeit a controversial one) but can’t help but feel this squad as it stands really ought to be capable of better.

If warnock had come in 3 weeks ago we’d have a chance of automatic promotion IMO. We’d have gave Leeds and West Brom a real good go, that’s for sure.

that said, I wasn’t saying I wanted him because it wasn’t realistically going to happen and I wouldn’t want him long term, but hypothetically speaking I think this squad from this position gets promoted or at least a good crack at the playoffs with him.

Well Huddersfield have played some lovely stuff...entertaining...ripping us apart, sadly. On this showing they won't be struggling for much longer...you might even back them to finish above us. They have an excellent management team with a proven track record of success. I'd certainly like to watch us playing with the attacking flair they've shown in that first half...

by contrast you'd assume we were relegation candidates...not a side with the incentive of play off places beckoning. 

We look devoid of confidence.

Archived