IGNORED

Cold and Wet in Huddersfield - Match Day Thread 35

RedM

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

If warnock had come in 3 weeks ago we’d have a chance of automatic promotion IMO. We’d have gave Leeds and West Brom a real good go, that’s for sure.

that said, I wasn’t saying I wanted him because it wasn’t realistically going to happen and I wouldn’t want him long term, but hypothetically speaking I think this squad from this position gets promoted or at least a good crack at the playoffs with him.

Autos is a massive call but I’d certainly say, I reckon a play off spot would have been more likely had we made that change.

Hypothetical of course, and it was never going to happen, but I just find a performance like this impossible to imagine under a coach as uncompromising as Warnock. See also: Mick McCarthy. Coaches like that just don’t stand for this sort of thing.

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Does anyone seriously think any coach is clever enough to coach a large squad in about 5 different formations and expect them to take in every facet of each plan and role , and whilst constantly going from side , to out the squad , back to side , constantly with different teammates alongside and behind them ........

The players just can’t realistically be expected to perform at a high level in that fog

Even if they could the coach(s) would have to be a genius . .......and well ..... 

LJ does. 

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

If warnock had come in 3 weeks ago we’d have a chance of automatic promotion IMO. We’d have gave Leeds and West Brom a real good go, that’s for sure.

that said, I wasn’t saying I wanted him because it wasn’t realistically going to happen and I wouldn’t want him long term, but hypothetically speaking I think this squad from this position gets promoted or at least a good crack at the playoffs with him.

OH Please NOT bloody Warnock talk again!!!

5 minutes ago, ProfitInMyPocket said:

At least fam and bentley are trying.

Diedhiou has been poor imo.

Bentley trying to get them going but they aren't interested, just jogging out from the back not even looking for the ball.

Wells has been good though, plenty of movement (not spotted by any of ours), and putting some effort into it. He's dropping deeper into midfield to get on the ball - doesn't say a lot for the midfield.

LJ has 45 minutes to stop an inevitable call for his head which will be difficult to ignore imo.

I'm of the conclusion the 3 we shipped in at the knockings of extra time during the transfer window are akin those damaged products you see thrown into a pile on Sainsbury's last ditch discount shelf. Like BBQ Tofu Chunks or Raspberry Posset they're products on the verge of going off which once seemed a good idea on the marketing wall but which discerning customers quickly adjudged not worth the effort. Only difference being WeeLee shops in Waitrose and spends top dollar on unnecessary luxuries such these weren't the 50p, 'must gos' they resemble.

3 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

We don’t look interested in this at all. Strolling around, kicking balls long to anywhere, no movement, no plan?

What are we doing in training, seriously?

That's a very good question and one I have been asking all season, what on earth are they doing in training?

So far tonight, we are not organised, cannot pass , are not moving/making space, not tackling, not pressing and most seem to have lead in their boots... wtf is happening during the week?

3 minutes ago, Lez said:

Players should be doing more but I have some sympathy....how are they supposed to play with consistency If its 352 then 442 then 4411 then 4141 then 433 this ismt downs football!!

Bang on!
How can you blame the players when the coach changes tactics and the team every match. We are a joke currently. The bloke has lost the plot!

Let's not forget this is a manager who claims to analyse teams inside out before we play them and not actually adapt to our strengths to suit us absolutely baffling.... this is yet another game to get a reaction and so far absolutely nothing. What more incentive do we actually need once again to get into the top 6 with a performance and 3pts.... BIG BIG 2ND HALF.

Archived