IGNORED

Cold and Wet in Huddersfield - Match Day Thread 35

RedM

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Autos is a massive call but I’d certainly say, I reckon a play off spot would have been more likely had we made that change.

Hypothetical of course, and it was never going to happen, but I just find a performance like this impossible to imagine under a coach as uncompromising as Warnock. See also: Mick McCarthy. Coaches like that just don’t stand for this sort of thing.

I think the only reason I say autos is I’m sure we’d have got something from Leeds and West Brom, 2/3/4 points and if the 3 came against Leeds plus a another win we’d be been above them. I know that’s ambitious, but we do have a talented squad on paper

How dare our fans have think that they have a divine right to expect at least mildly entertaining football! Our fans are an embarrassment to this club. We were going down until Johnson came along and look at us now, improving year on year. This is fantastic and we have an amazing squad and a lovely ground. We are still in with a chance. Always believe no matter what happy clappy

What annoys me is the fact that potentially the players are good. The formation tonight should also be good. Yet, somehow, LJ and the coaching team, manages to produce a team that looks like a Sunday league team after a good Saturday night out 

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Does anyone seriously think any coach is clever enough to coach a large squad in about 5 different formations and expect them to take in every facet of each plan and role , and whilst constantly going from side , to out the squad , back to side , constantly with different teammates alongside and behind them ........

The players just can’t realistically be expected to perform at a high level in that fog

Even if they could the coach(s) would have to be a genius . .......and well ..... 

Got to agree with this.

After five years a coach should have established a distinct playing style and formation. The club should be living and breathing this consistent approach and benefitting from that consistency. They should be buying players to fit that system. There should only be the finest of tweaks to suit the opposition or the circumstances.

Yet we are not getting any of the benefits that should come with a coach that’s been in place for so long. Selection remains a tombola. Players aren’t bought for any system I can see. There is no consistent style or formation, nor any sense of a coach leading the club from the front.

Had enough of it.

1 minute ago, RedRock said:

Won't happen. But Warnock would probably work for free with, say £2 million payment, for promotion. Can't see any downside personally. 

As much as I hate him and all he stands for, football couldn't get any worse , could it.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Got to agree with this.

After five years a coach should have established a distinct playing style and formation. The club should be living and breathing this consistent approach and benefitting from that consistency. They should be buying players to fit that system. There should only be the finest of tweaks to suit the opposition or the circumstances.

Yet we are not getting any of the benefits that should come with a coach that’s been in place for so long. Selection remains a tombola. Players aren’t bought for any system I can see. There is no consistent style or formation, nor any sense of a coach leading the club from the front.

Had enough of it.

In a nutshell. 

Archived