IGNORED

Cold and Wet in Huddersfield - Match Day Thread 35

RedM

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

have we got the personnel for any formation?

It's really, really simple.

Bentley in goal, four at the back.  Not really bothered who, they are all mostly good enough, the key thing is they have to be the same four every week.  They need to have defence as their first job.

Then we need two midfielders from Nagy, Smith, Henriksen, Massengo - where at least one of these two protects the back four - and one just ahead of them with freedom to roam - Palmer.

Two wide players - Eliasson and Patterson.  Wells up front.

Off the ball focus on pressing and closing down in pairs and triples when sensible like we did a year or more ago.  On the ball focus on getting into space and letting pace count and moving the ball quickly.

Plan B is to bring Weiman on for a midfielder and close down harder and stretch it.

Plan C is to bring Diedhiou on and lump it aimlessly.

At the moment we start with plan C.

So this is the 5th different centre midfield partnership we've started with in the last 5 games.

v Huddersfield - Henriksen, Rowe
v WBA- Henriksen, Nagy
v Leeds- Henriksen, Massengo
v Derby - Henriksen, Smith
v Birmingham - Smith, Massengo

Between this and the players still not being coached to support each other in possession and opting to go on inane runs way ahead of the ball, it's no wonder we're absolutely useless with the ball.

HI’m no Guardiola. Tony Pulis has coaching badges I could only dream of. However, I’ve watched a few hours of football in my time and have never seen a team try to play without either looking organised (basics), shooting, creating chances or having any possession. Doing just one of them would be good. 

How do we make every other side look so much better than us? Shrewsbury included?

Archived