Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Langford Red

Support of LJ

How can SL support these tactics and poor play

The players clearly do not want to play for LJ

Or they are not on the same wave length of the coaches

We have good players but can not even get a couple of passes together

The last excuse was we played two of the best teams

Now we are playing one of the worse team

• Like 9
  • Hedgehog 2
  • Rovers 3
  • Snake 2

15 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

Good job you weren't in the bloody trenches, WW1 would have been over by 1916!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Aubergine 3
  • Rovers 4

11 minutes ago, Langford Red said:

You’re going to get a lot of abuse from the deluded lot now mate!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t see what everyone sees in LJ he has a mini run against QPR Barnsley Luton and Reading even though we were poor in 3 of these games. Papering over cracks bloke still not got a clue which selection or formation and the football is dog💩

• Like 8

You can’t defend that - I’m not an LJ lover or hater.

Pretty bored of the saga and many don’t give him credit even when he does well - he has done a good job over his tenure but it may well be the end of it come the summer if this goes on as we all know the players are better than what we’ve seen. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The Hustler said:

Weird comment - comparing football to warfare? 

Absolutely, Its a good job none of us were in the trenches during ww1!!  What a bizarre comment!! 

Johnson can kiss my ass, I'm done. We can come back and win this 10-1 and then win every game for the rest of the season, and my opinion won't change.

No settled team

No settled formation

Tombola selection is back again

Tries to make himself sound intelligent 

When we lose we're "unlucky"

When we win he sees himself as a tactical genius

I've said on the matchday thread, some managers have been sacked by having their teams playing better football than this.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Rovers 1
  • Snake 1

26 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Even the players think he's a right ****.

Who ?

Time’s up, Johnson. Too many wretched performances, chopping and changing the team and the same old meaningless platitudes after the games. End of the road.

• Like 1

Whatever happens LJ will be here until the end of the season I would say, but surely to god we cannot give him another transfer window to mess about with.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

Johnson can kiss my ass, I'm done. We can come back and win this 10-1 and then win every game for the rest of the season, and my opinion won't change.

No settled team

No settled formation

Tombola selection is back again

Tries to make himself sound intelligent 

When we lose we're "unlucky"

When we win he sees himself as a tactical genius

I've said on the matchday thread, some managers have been sacked by having their teams playing better football than this.

That’s exactly how I’ve seen it for far too long now and I cannot agree more.

It’s not a personal thing, he’s just nowhere near good enough to be managing a team that supposedly has genuine aspirations of promotion to the Premier League and he never will be.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Redstart said:

Whatever happens LJ will be here until the end of the season I would say, but surely to god we cannot give him another transfer window to mess about with.

Surely better to get a new man in now to assess this bloated squad. Thank you LJ but time to move on. Quickly.

• Like 4

I hope people are coming around to the idea we just aren’t very good under this manager. Performances have been in decline for 18 months. The squad is good enough for a top 2 push at best and at worst we see that now. The players are grinding out results despite the tactics. This squad could be so much more. 

I fear another season under LJ. Eliasson, Diedhiou, Weimann, Hunt and Baker all in their last 12 months so a few of those likely to be gone. Henriksen and Benkovic will be gone. Williams gone. Dasilva, Bentley and Massengo will probably have suitors. Genuinely think it could be a relegation battle next season at this rate. Though a bit of hope with the possible strike force of Afobe and Wells but I feel if this season slips away we won’t be amongst it next season.

We saw the best of BCFC under LJ it is time to move forward again. He moved the club forward massively. It could be looked back on in 10 years as the manager that set the club up for great things. It is just those great things won’t happen if he stays. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I hope people are coming around to the idea we just aren’t very good under this manager. Performances have been in decline for 18 months. The squad is good enough for a top 2 push at best and at worst we see that now. The players are grinding out results despite the tactics. This squad could be so much more. 

I fear another season under LJ. Eliasson, Diedhiou, Weimann, Hunt and Baker all in their last 12 months so a few of those likely to be gone. Henriksen and Benkovic will be gone. Williams gone. Dasilva, Bentley and Massengo will probably have suitors. Genuinely think it could be a relegation battle next season at this rate. Though a bit of hope with the possible strike force of Afobe and Wells but I feel if this season slips away we won’t be amongst it next season.

We saw the best of BCFC under LJ it is time to move forward again. He moved the club forward massively. It could be looked back on in 10 years as the manager that set the club up for great things. It is just those great things won’t happen if he stays. 

Agree

great reply

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

It's about giving up half way through surely you get that?

Poor comparison though Chief, one is largely irrelevant and one was a huge event in world history ...

54 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Good job you weren't in the bloody trenches, WW1 would have been over by 1916!

May well have been, if more suggested that maybe walking slowly towards machine guns in an ‘orderly fashion’ whilst wielding a pistol and a stick wasn’t the best of tactics...

• Haha 1

So deflating watching this city team especially at Ashton gate , hoping that landsdown and co make the right call in the summer and let Johnson go, will never be serious promotion contenders with him At the helm,To individual to indecisive no direction with tactics and personal, can’t  and shouldn’t continue. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Sixtyseconds said:

Might be better this half.

Johnsons sent them out early to get to know each other.

Yeah but did you see the body language waiting for the opposition to come out, reminded me of my old Sunday league team having a laugh, jumping up and down to keep warm and apart from that not knowing what to do 

10 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

So deflating watching this city team especially at Ashton gate , hoping that landsdown and co make the right call in the summer and let Johnson go, will never be serious promotion contenders with him At the helm,To individual to indecisive no direction with tactics and personal, can’t  and shouldn’t continue. 

Can’t disagree with that. We will now continue to fade out of contention.

Leeds and West Brom, poor performances but against really strong sides.

Tonight was dreadful, so much was wrong with that.

Waiting for the excuses now, my money is on “we miss Brownhill” , but that is papering over the cracks.

If SL truly wanted promotion he would act noe, but obviously he won’t. 

Same story 3 years in a row and probably again next season.

Edited by ScottishRed

Had enough, really had enough. Watching City has not been enjoyable for 12-18 months now and shows no sign whatsoever of changing - if anything its actually getting worse.

Need a change of direction at the top.

For me, LJ has run his race...

32 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Great post and BANG on the money 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

Had enough, really had enough. Watching City has not been enjoyable for 12-18 months now and shows no sign whatsoever of changing - if anything its actually getting worse.

For me, LJ has run his race...

I can’t help but agree - I have been prepared to stand by the team and hoped that with the Jan signings we made had a real chance of playing more attacking football and with Wells would get more shots away.

LJ just doesn’t seem to know his best team, how to play and how to get the best from the team.

Time for a change - and quickly ..... really quickly!

He’s not going to go but just a little dream: he does and we take a punt on Hughton/Warnock until the end of the season. Just see if a new manager bounce would see us into the play offs. If not, start afresh in the summer. 

*WAKES UP*

LJ does typical interview: “It was tight, the ref missed one, we didn’t take our chances, individual mistakes cost us, the players have to look at themselves”. 

BLEURGH

16 minutes ago, J.V.F said:

Need what we didn't have in Jan/Feb 16, a full and thorough recruitment process for the most important job at the club.

Lee and his staff are welcome to apply again, of course....