IGNORED

Not Good Advert to Renew Season Tickets

John Galley

57 minutes ago, John Galley said:

What has gone wrong we are not even playing good football, can see renewal of season tickets being very slow. Also home attendances include season ticket sales so 20000 plus gate figures are not an accurate figure, those at the top must be concerned.

The guy who matters doesn’t give a toss imo. He’s got his competitive Rugger team and the football is ticking along nicely enough for HIM, and he is the paymaster when all is said and done.

15 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Lansdown must be rubbing his hands with glee, as so many people renew regardless of how shite we are. It's very disappointing, to be honest.

Can’t help it, I’ve always gone to football with my mates.

Away days were only ever spoiled by 90 minutes of football (well 45-50 minutes if I’m honest)

I've always viewed LJ's appointment, which I was against, as being SL's project.

A project he was absolutely determined to see succeed, and will clearly not give up on easily.

I've subsidised it in my own small way - but far from insignificant to me - by buying a ST throughout LJ's tenure.

So I feel I've done my bit to be loyal to the club for the last 4 years, despite being initially bewildered by the appointment. 

I've had enough now though and sadly the only way I can show my frustration and dissatisfaction is to not renew.

Just for reference Huddersfield ST’s were being advertised last night, and they might now get Championship football again. It looks like they have one price for anywhere in in ground. £249 Adult, £249 over 60, same price as adult. U18 £129, under 8 £49. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just for reference Huddersfield ST’s were being advertised last night, and they might now get Championship football again. It looks like they have one price for anywhere in in ground. £249 Adult, £249 over 60, same price as adult. U18 £129, under 8 £49. 

That’s a whole lot better than £636! ...:facepalm:

Johnson is definitely not running the ticket office!  All afternoon trying to get through on the phone as the system would not allow me to buy on line - did not manage to get through once!

whoever is running that office has to be perfect for the role of defence coach or designer of a new style of condom - nothing gets through!

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I've always viewed LJ's appointment, which I was against, as being SL's project.

A project he was absolutely determined to see succeed, and will clearly not give up on easily.

I've subsidised it in my own small way - but far from insignificant to me - by buying a ST throughout LJ's tenure.

So I feel I've done my bit to be loyal to the club for the last 4 years, despite being initially bewildered by the appointment. 

I've had enough now though and sadly the only way I can show my frustration and dissatisfaction is to not renew.

I'm with you Noggers. Currently, I'm not going to renew either.

Brave move to put it on here Sir and I'm in total agreement. No way am I paying a lot of ££ to watch this garbage.

JOHNSON OUT.

I wonder what would the reaction be if the manager was told, never mind about the play offs or relegation just play pretty entertaining football. Bring in some of our players out on loan and let them learn from mistakes in the first team. After all conceding goals will only add to the fans entertainment. I supported City in all four divisions and will always support them, more years than not,the football had not been good. Although it's easy to say the worse was under Pulis or SOD in truth every manager has gone through bad patches when the football was not good. Alan Dicks also had the crowd calling for his head before he took us up to the top division. This is when you find out who the real supporters are. They are not those who sing , City till I die, but throw their Dummies out the pram if City don't win every game playing like Man city or real Madrid.

22 minutes ago, fatchers said:

I wonder what would the reaction be if the manager was told, never mind about the play offs or relegation just play pretty entertaining football. Bring in some of our players out on loan and let them learn from mistakes in the first team. After all conceding goals will only add to the fans entertainment. I supported City in all four divisions and will always support them, more years than not,the football had not been good. Although it's easy to say the worse was under Pulis or SOD in truth every manager has gone through bad patches when the football was not good. Alan Dicks also had the crowd calling for his head before he took us up to the top division. This is when you find out who the real supporters are. They are not those who sing , City till I die, but throw their Dummies out the pram if City don't win every game playing like Man city or real Madrid.

WTGR, what do you suggest those of us bitterly unhappy with the status quo do fatchers? In 46 seasons, I have never been so disillusioned with the fare on offer. Maybe it's the unparalleled financial power afforded to our head coach that frustrates me or maybe I was expecting a better return.

Doing nothing would be unthinkable to someone of my generation and, without a good old fashioned fans demonstration, which isn't likely to happen, surely having a break both makes a point, albeit a very small one, plus it alleviates my frustration? 

I've nothing against Lee Johnson at all but do feel, given the huge, unprecedented spending power given to him, I don't feel his position is justified.

My opinion, nothing else and I wouldn't expect others to feel the same but each to their own choice. Personally, I feel watching the current dirge is unpalatable and don't wish to watch more 'tombola' management while there are surely better options available to a club of our stature.

5 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Depends what is meant by City til I die I suppose.

I’ve been City since my first match around 5 years old in 1963 and will be until my last breath.  I’ve never had a second, top league glory team, just City and had season tickets for many of my years  On the other hand I’m not going to keep putting myself through watching total shit every week for ever, as life’s too short and there’s many more things you can do and enjoy.

There’s periods I’ve decided enough was enough; sometimes through finances or work commitments, other times by being bored shitless and chosen to step away and still keep tabs in other ways.   

Does that mean only people who have an unbroken run of attending matches can really be ‘City’?

12 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Brave move to put it on here Sir and I'm in total agreement. No way am I paying a lot of ££ to watch this garbage.

I renewed every season under GJ even tho it was the same garbage then as it is now - it has to be a Johnson trait.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I renewed every season under GJ even tho it was the same garbage then as it is now - it has to be a Johnson trait.

From what I remember in his first season as manager GJ saved us from relegation; in his second we got promotion; in his third we got to the Championship play-offs; in the next season we had Hartley and Sno and I remember it as pretty entertaining.  It then went tits-up in his fifth season.  I don’t remember much garbage?

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

From what I remember in his first season as manager GJ saved us from relegation; in his second we got promotion; in his third we got to the Championship play-offs; in the next season we had Hartley and Sno and I remember it as pretty entertaining.  It then went tits-up in his fifth season.  I don’t remember much garbage?

You forgot the highlight...GJ giving the pompous, self important chairman of the SC a right royal wedgie.

26 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The style of play was pretty much the same as it is now - dull and unexciting but sadly it seems to work.

No one can deny GJs record and nor can anyone deny the fact that LJ has improved City's league position season on season. It’s the dreary garbage they both served up in order to achieve it that fans are complaining about.

As I posted previously - it has to be a Johnson trait. It must run in the family.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The style of play was pretty much the same as it is now - dull and unexciting but sadly it seems to work.

No one can deny GJs record and nor can anyone deny the fact that LJ has improved City's league position season on season. It’s the dreary garbage they both served up in order to achieve it that fans are complaining about.

As I posted previously - it has to be a Johnson trait. It must run in the family.

LJ is his own man.

This is nothing to do with GJ

Archived