IGNORED

No real surprise.......

CityCiderEd

6 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

West Brom sacked their coach with around the same amount of games remaining last season. They were in 4th place. They are currently comfortably atop the division and playing some good football on top of it. 

Yep fair play your right 

They never went up though and their league position was the same at the end of the season as when he was sacked so we may as well wait to the summer 

It's arguable either way. 

Maybe  a new coach would get a spark, even stumble upon a system that sees us suddenly and dramatically kick on! 

However it could also risk writing off the season- but currently we'd do that anyway based on the last few weeks!

IF Jokanovic suddenly became available, I'd definitely be putting some feelers out there. Two promotions, great brand of football and I think he would sort the midfield out.  

4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but with say Henriksen as opposed to Palmer or Paterson in the centre of the three. Thinking about how he used Johansen like that at Fulham, Brownhill in that role might have been perfect but Henriksen maybe best of our current in that position. 

Main reservation with this idea I have is that it can take time for Jokanovic to get the optimum out of his squad. For example months learning and then next season lift off...could mean a stop start couple of months and the risk of conceding top 6 this year. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Could say similar about LJ at Oldham fella. Bottom 3 budget in L1 and brought them into the top half of the league/play off places at one point. Brought on Tarkowski, Korey Smith etc. LJs win ratios at Oldham, Barnsley and us are decent.

With all due respect KTR, claiming LJ developed Tarkowski is like saying LJ developed Webster. Already developed and only managed him for less than a year. Iirc correctly he also signed Smith, and then sold him a year later for a packet of Quavers and Liam Kelly. He's also broken records for losing runs at both us and Barnsley coming close at Oldham (6 I beleive, their worst for 15 years). Just not comparable.

9 hours ago, Rob k said:

Show me a team that would fire their coach with 11 games left of the season when they are a few points off the play offs? It’s absurd that people think it’s even a consideration at this point of the season 

Bristol City................. we did it with six games to go when we bought in Joe Jordan as manager....... he won all 6 games! 

Archived