IGNORED

The suffering goes on ?

Major Isewater

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh, I bet Brighton fans hated Hughton for taking them up from the championship into the premier league without needing the play offs - and Norwich fans must have hated him when they finished in 11th place in the premier league under Hughton - look at their clubs now! ??

The majority of supporters from both clubs wouldn't have him back which should tell you everything. 

I thought the criticism of LJ was performances not necessarily league position so this shouldn't be too  hard for you to understand? 

There’s no way LJ will go before the end on the season imo. He’s just been backed in the January window and they’ll give him until May for sure. He’s intrinsic to the model and the way that MA and SL want to do things and they won’t simply dump him after a few defeats.

My view is that they’ll review things when the season is over and take a view then. If the form of the last 3 games continues, and let’s face it the performances as well as the results have been a new low, then I think he’ll come under significant pressure at that point. Rightly or wrongly I’d be amazed if anything happened before then. 

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nope, I’ve always been consistent in backing successful, proven managers at this level - if you are bored enough to look back at my posts you’ll see I’ve consistently backed Warnock, McCarthy, Wilder, Bruce, Adkins, Hughton etc on here ... good effort though ...

Ah. The old stagers on the managerial merry-go-round.

You left out big Sam and big Ron.

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The majority of supporters from both clubs wouldn't have him back which should tell you everything. 

I thought the criticism of LJ was performances not necessarily league position so this shouldn't be too  hard for you to understand? 

You really think Brighton fans disliked Hughton for finishing 2nd in the championship?!

6 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Re Brighton, you’re talking about when they were in the PL tho and he was just trying to keep them up. They played good football in the championship and they had no problem with him. 

11 minutes ago, Jacki said:

There’s no way LJ will go before the end on the season imo. He’s just been backed in the January window and they’ll give him until May for sure. He’s intrinsic to the model and the way that MA and SL want to do things and they won’t simply dump him after a few defeats.

My view is that they’ll review things when the season is over and take a view then. If the form of the last 3 games continues, and let’s face it the performances as well as the results have been a new low, then I think he’ll come under significant pressure at that point. Rightly or wrongly I’d be amazed if anything happened before then. 

I don't see how he's intrinsic to anything. Anyone could come in and do as good a job as him, and likely a better one. And what model anyway? The club and its transfer policy is in complete disarray.

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It’s not too hard for me to understand, but thanks for the patronising tone. That aside, your post is probably a bit of a generalisation Kid, many people complain about performances and others complain about league position - when we plummeted from 2nd to 11th a couple of seasons back I think most people would have been complaining about league position .. and when we plummeted from play off positions to 8th last season I think most people would have been complaining about league position...

1 hour ago, paul_fox said:

Liam would be a good manager I reckon from what I heard and seen from him on TV. 

The championship this season is pretty average bar maybe West Brom. Pretty sure Lansdown realised this by the way he backed Lee especially last month and that this season would be a real possibility of getting promoted. He won't be happy if we don't get in the playoffs and hopefully gets someone in in the summer. Does he have the bottle to go and hire Hughton to give us that extra push for the playoffs now, even Warnock would get this sqaud fired up and performing 

Dunno, Leeds are a pretty dominant side barring the finishing, Brentford can veer between superb and flaky,

Fulham's squad looks better than it is producing and Preston when on form, well that's a tough venue. Derby arguably underachieving and could make a case for Reading also underachieving a bit.

That said, should we be top 6? Certainly!

1 hour ago, RedSA said:

Re Brighton, you’re talking about when they were in the PL tho and he was just trying to keep them up. They played good football in the championship and they had no problem with him. 

There's no doubt he's a good manager. Good football at Brighton? Alright football I'd say, wasn't necessarily a possession top heavy side. Somewhere between the two? 

Depends on what people class as good football too. Quick attacks, quick breaks? Possession play?

1 hour ago, shelts said:

We are a good small well run club . Would Steve loosen the purse strings ?

Would Houghton have complete control ?

Could you quantify and elaborate on your loosen the purse strings comment? 

We would still need to sell at times for FFP, if it's being enforced correctly now then that would show we were ahead of the curve in that policy, and prospective managers would likely need to buy into it.

Would he have full control? How many managers get this now...would suggest it's getting rarer!

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It’s all leading nicely towards the final coup de grace 

Totally Embarrassing ourselves further wearing that monstrosity of a shirt v Fulham live on Sky 

Just showing the world what our identity looks like in real life.

I can't see SL acting until the play-offs are out of reach or if we lose the next 5 and equal the unwanted record, which probably amounts to the same thing. 

At least we've got a nice easy away game next, ideal for a team falling apart at the seams and devoid of confidence. ?

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Maybe someone should test that theory. What do a decent cross section of Hughton’s previous clubs think of him.Perhaps start threads on their forums...And then test that against what supporters think of ex managers in general Like would City supporters want back (name ex manager here)

And would it actually Matter what anybody said as a good cross section of our supporters would not want the current manager in charge on Saturday and would rather have Jamie Mac or even Ashley Williams picking the side

Who knows what fits. Some managers fit at a club most don’t and there is inevitable parting of ways.

Either way the dross served up in the last three games puts real pressure on all at the club and make no mistake Mark Aston has a list of managers/managerial candidates with the correct DNA no matter what anyone thinks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Hughton

7 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

I don't see how he's intrinsic to anything. Anyone could come in and do as good a job as him, and likely a better one. And what model anyway? The club and its transfer policy is in complete disarray.

I’m not disagreeing with any of that.

All I’m saying is that the powers that be at the club see him as intrinsic to what we’re trying to do. He buys into the transfer policy of player trading, such as it is. He buys into the sustainable model, player trading, new training ground etc. Basically, he’s running the club in the way that SL wants it run out while still keeping us in the top third of the league. And SL has the personal relationship with him that will mean he’d only sack him as an absolute last resort.

Personally I’m still not sure where I stand on LJ’s position. I’d still go with him until the end of the season, mainly because SL’s record of appointing managers is so atrocious we could end up a hell of a lot worse off than we are now if we did make a change. I don’t think we’d end up with a Hughton.... I think an Appleton or internal appointment would be more likely which would would be a backward step from where we are now. 

The worry for me is that we somehow make the playoffs or improve on last seasons position and SL sees it as a step in the right direction and gives LJ another year to improve again. 

Football is all about opinions, and mine is that LJ is simply not good enough as a manager or a leader. We need a new man at the helm who can drive this club forward. I believe the players are already good enough to sustain a promotion challenge, they just need someone that they can believe and have faith in. I think LJ simply over complicates things and the players have no idea what they should be doing from week to week. 

I thank him for his efforts and a few good days and nights during his tenure, but now is the time for someone bigger and better to step in and take the reins.

44 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I’m not disagreeing with any of that.

All I’m saying is that the powers that be at the club see him as intrinsic to what we’re trying to do. He buys into the transfer policy of player trading, such as it is. He buys into the sustainable model, player trading, new training ground etc. Basically, he’s running the club in the way that SL wants it run out while still keeping us in the top third of the league. And SL has the personal relationship with him that will mean he’d only sack him as an absolute last resort.

Personally I’m still not sure where I stand on LJ’s position. I’d still go with him until the end of the season, mainly because SL’s record of appointing managers is so atrocious we could end up a hell of a lot worse off than we are now if we did make a change. I don’t think we’d end up with a Hughton.... I think an Appleton or internal appointment would be more likely which would would be a backward step from where we are now. 

If SL is really serious about promotion to the Prem , and we have to believe that he is having given LJ what he asked for in the January window , then he can surely see what we see ? 

LJ is like a spoilt kid on Christmas Day , he opens all his presents, hardly plays with them , doesn’t understand how most of them work , throws them out and then asks for more . 

Sorry I like LJ and was desperate for him to succeed but I am fed up with the famous tombola , the fantasy formations and the bullshit .

I am convinced that an experienced coach would have us in the top six and comfortable in this mediocre  Championship .

The Red machine is stalling and SL needs to act .

9 minutes ago, Onthefence said:

The worry for me is that we somehow make the playoffs or improve on last seasons position and SL sees it as a step in the right direction and gives LJ another year to improve again. 

Football is all about opinions, and mine is that LJ is simply not good enough as a manager or a leader. We need a new man at the helm who can drive this club forward. I believe the players are already good enough to sustain a promotion challenge, they just need someone that they can believe and have faith in. I think LJ simply over complicates things and the players have no idea what they should be doing from week to week. 

I thank him for his efforts and a few good days and nights during his tenure, but now is the time for someone bigger and better to step in and take the reins.

Iam wondering if its not to late to mount a relegation challenge

Archived