IGNORED

The suffering goes on ?

Major Isewater

59 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If SL is really serious about promotion to the Prem , and we have to believe that he is having given LJ what he asked for in the January window , then he can surely see what we see ? 

LJ is like a spoilt kid on Christmas Day , he opens all his presents, hardly plays with them , doesn’t understand how most of them work , throws them out and then asks for more . 

Sorry I like LJ and was desperate for him to succeed but I am fed up with the famous tombola , the fantasy formations and the bullshit .

I am convinced that an experienced coach would have us in the top six and comfortable in this mediocre  Championship .

The Red machine is stalling and SL needs to act .

Again I think there’s a lot of merit in what you say. I just think that, in SL’s mind, Johnson will have enough credit in the bank to see things through until the season’s end.

And, if and when LJ does eventually go, there’s absolutely no guarantee SL will bring in anyone better. In fact I reckon we could end up significantly worse. See the Millen, Tinnion, SO’D and McInnes appointments as evidence. 

48 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Sir Steve only employs nodding dogs. Cotterill wasn't his appointment and he didn't last long

Cotts shot himself in the foot  but  he lasted long enough to do the double.

He was undiplomatic and going publicly against  the owner can only lead to one result.

LJ , contrary to certain people’s beliefs , is not a ‘ Yes man ‘ . He , publicly, put pressure on SL to back him for expensive transfers in January citing  ‘ ambition ‘ . SL would have been uncomfortable with that but backed his man. 

Which way will SL go next time ?

Young up and coming coach or experienced man ?

Who knows , none are guaranteed to bring success but one option is cheaper and therefore less of a risk to the finances of the club . 

Maybe an experienced , successful coach would work with less players and use the academy to fill in the gaps .

I really don’t know .

I would not be surprised to see Mark Robins seriously considered. 

3 hours ago, GlastonburyRed said:

There’s an actual debate going on about whether Chris Hughton is a better manager (Head Coach) than LJ?! Has anyone actually checked their respective track records and level(s) at which they have managed ? 

I don't think anyone is debating that. All that has been mentioned is the style of football.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Cotts shot himself in the foot  but  he lasted long enough to do the double.

He was undiplomatic and going publicly against  the owner can only lead to one result.

LJ , contrary to certain people’s beliefs , is not a ‘ Yes man ‘ . He , publicly, put pressure on SL to back him for expensive transfers in January citing  ‘ ambition ‘ . SL would have been uncomfortable with that but backed his man. 

Which way will SL go next time ?

Young up and coming coach or experienced man ?

Who knows , none are guaranteed to bring success but one option is cheaper and therefore less of a risk to the finances of the club . 

Maybe an experienced , successful coach would work with less players and use the academy to fill in the gaps .

I really don’t know .

I would not be surprised to see Mark Robins seriously considered. 

I'd be happy with Robins.

But nowadays I'd be happy with almost anyone.

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Suggest you ask Brighton fans what they thought of his football. They wouldn't even have him back now despite struggling of late. 

I remember fans of every club saying the same about Cotterill....................the bloke who gave us possibly the best season of our City lives....

13 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:
15 hours ago, shelts said:

Could you quantify and elaborate on your loosen the purse strings comment? 

We would have to spend more in wages and transfer fees . Compete at the top end of the table . Don’t get me wrong we have spent plenty this season 

15 hours ago, bris red said:

Are we THAT unattractive as a club? I’d like to think if the right financial package was offered and the club was properly sold we shouldn’t be looking at a Chris Hughton type appointment as impossible.

A proper football man 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

We would have to spend more in wages and transfer fees . Compete at the top end of the table . Don’t get me wrong we have spent plenty this season 

A proper football man 

FFP?

Did you know if not for profit on sales, we'd have lost £26m last season!

Don't have the detailed figures to hand but have the feeling that we're approaching our limits. That is to say we can't increase the budget much more without the below...

The only ways around it that I can see are:

a) Further revenue growth via LEGITIMATE means.

Or

b) Greater profits still on Player sales.

The latter can enable a bit of a mix and match of the wage and transfer budget maybe.

We could try creative solutions but Birmingham breached and got 9 points, EFL Business Plan, Soft Embargo and may yet get another points penalty for not sticking correctly to the Business Plan, Derby and Sheffield Wednesday are in the dock and Aston Villa's status as far as FFP goes is currently unclear.

Can only see it being tightened- there are loopholes that should've been closed a long time ago!

Oh- a Smaller, tighter squad size- this could enable distribution of the same funds to be spread less thinly.

17 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am convinced that an experienced coach would have us in the top six and comfortable in this mediocre  Championship .

Totally agree, but I’ve been posting this since 2015 - and I’ve been roundly ridiculed for those views over the last few years ... it seems lots may be finally coming around? After five years? Bet they’re patting themselves on the back, wise sages all! Forum experts! 

26 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Really? Another SL yes man?

And what gives you the confidence he improves us in terms of performances and results? 

What makes you say that about Robins Kid? I guess it makes sense as he’s got close to being offered before and SL clearly likes him. But what makes you so confident it would be him? 

1 hour ago, Jacki said:

What makes you say that about Robins Kid? I guess it makes sense as he’s got close to being offered before and SL clearly likes him. But what makes you so confident it would be him? 

Because him and SL are close and so he's the kind of person SL would be happy working with...

Robins is doing a very good job at Coventry but there's nothing to suggest to me that he comes in and takes us onto the next level.

10 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Because him and SL are close and so he's the kind of person SL would be happy working with...

Robins is doing a very good job at Coventry but there's nothing to suggest to me that he comes in and takes us onto the next level.

Hmmmmmm

Interesting KId

Id agree with you about Robins , He’s no donut , and always seen him as a solid L1 manager with maybe potential to do ‘a job’ in Championship at right Club but wouldn’t excite me too much , personally

(LJ would be apolectic if Robins replaced him !)

Dont think it would go down well with the General fan base either 

If it was Robins I’d cling to the hope that as far as I can recall he’s never had any real money to spend where he’s been and hasn’t been given an opportunity at our current level !!

Archived