IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Berkshire Red

Banging the goals in for Oxford this year - 16 for the season I believe after a brace tonight.

In the light of our current under performance under LJ with a very strong squad, and the subsequent quality performances of ex striker Eisa who LJ never really gave a chance, do you think he could get goals in this city team under a different manager?

Will we ever see him in a city shirt again? For me he offers something different to our team and I prefer him to Weimann.

Nakhi Wells is another example of a current top quality striker but who appears to be feeding off scraps in this city squad as we seem unable to play to his strengths.

I think it's no secret we have a manager who has a long history of failing to best utilise his players. Could Taylor still make it at city under better guidance and tactics?

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

It’s funny isn’t it, you provide chances for a striker and they score,

something we can’t do

Screw creating chances, that requires us having some idea of what we're doing when we get the ball off the oppositions.

We don't have a clue.

1 minute ago, City18 said:

It's the optimism that kills me every week. 

We have such a good squad at the moment, and I turn up every week knowing we have all these good players, then we play utter crap football.

Yep optimism... the bristol city way... after derby, haven't looked forward to a game - leeds - like that for a few years. Fast forward, what, two weeks? And I want to put my eyes in a blender.

12 minutes ago, Nibor said:

No we won't see him in a city shirt again.  He is good in league one and not up to it in the championship.  LJ's failings don't change that.

Maybe not the best Championship player but played for the shirt and the badge with passion and never gave less than 100% - it would have been worth keeping him close to first team, could have certainly put some of the players currently walking around the pitch to shame. 

I actually like him. Always gives 100%, presses and harrasing defenders and decent link up play dropping off the front. He'd do quite well with Wells I think. Won't get double figures I doubt but his energy and commitment would fire up other players maybe. For some reason we can't get strikers to work with Diedhiou in a 2. 

7 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Underperformance? What a load of nonsense. We are 7th so what makes you think that is under performance? 

We are 7th 

Because football is entertainment and watching bristol city is far from entertaining. 

The reason why ashton gate is half empty by the 85th minute each week is because we are crap and people cant be arsed to stay and watch any more of the drivel we have put up with each week.

I'm not a football chairman or a manager so I dont worry about how much profit or loss lansdown makes each season. I'm an unsatisfied football fan who watches city play uninspiring football every week and spend 400 plus quid a season on a season ticket to do so before any cost is considered to away games.

I'm glad you see being 7th as such a success and enjoy looking at how high up we are in the stats of the league table because there is naff all else happening exciting on the pitch to enjoy.

Also fyi, we have a better squad than most teams in the league and one filled with quality, flair and goals. However, all this has been coached out of the players by our saviour lee johnson and thanks to him we dont see any of this week in week out because he can't pick a settled team and no one on the pitch has a clue what they're meant to be doing.

35 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Underperformance? What a load of nonsense. We are 7th so what makes you think that is under performance? 

We are 7th 

Have you watched the last half a dozen games? I’ll have whatever you’ve been drinking if you think anything that we’ve produced on the pitch has been acceptable, we’re only 7th due to a good start and the fact the nobody else outside of the top 2 can string results together. I can’t see us winning another game between now and the end of the season.

2 hours ago, City18 said:

Banging the goals in for Oxford this year - 16 for the season I believe after a brace tonight.

In the light of our current under performance under LJ with a very strong squad, and the subsequent quality performances of ex striker Eisa who LJ never really gave a chance, do you think he could get goals in this city team under a different manager?

Will we ever see him in a city shirt again? For me he offers something different to our team and I prefer him to Weimann.

Nakhi Wells is another example of a current top quality striker but who appears to be feeding off scraps in this city squad as we seem unable to play to his strengths.

I think it's no secret we have a manager who has a long history of failing to best utilise his players. Could Taylor still make it at city under better guidance and tactics?

not good enough

12 hours ago, City18 said:

And we are so rich that we can let him run his contract down and leave for nothing in the summer . 

#Ashtondoesoldclubafavour 

Glad someone mentioned this. Never got his fair crack at the whip. A solid partner for a main 10mill striker and a player who gets fans and team mates going

9 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

Good for him, pretty sure Diedhiou has more goals in a season than he has in his City career

Hahaha. Say bye to donkey deidiou hes gone in summer

On 26/02/2020 at 13:29, Redwhitepurple said:

Glad someone mentioned this. Never got his fair crack at the whip. A solid partner for a main 10mill striker and a player who gets fans and team mates going

Hahaha. Say bye to donkey deidiou hes gone in summer

If you seriously prefer Taylor to Diedhiou then my word you have no ambition whatsoever 

I like him, not good enough for a team with Promotion aspirations but I still thought he was decent enough.

A better footballer than I thought he would be and he used to really get under the skin of the opposition which I loved seeing.

Good luck to him, Oxford seems a really good fit. 

10 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I like him, not good enough for a team with Promotion aspirations but I still thought he was decent enough.

A better footballer than I thought he would be and a used to really get under the skin of the opposition which I loved seeing.

Good luck to him, Oxford seems a really good fit. 

I like him as well.

If he is such a 'good fit' at Oxford and they get promoted, then he is once again a Championship player. Presuming he's signed by Oxford.

He's then playing against us, next season.

That could prove interesting.

Archived