IGNORED

Matty Taylor

Berkshire Red

28 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I like him, not good enough for a team with Promotion aspirations but I still thought he was decent enough.

A better footballer than I thought he would be and he used to really get under the skin of the opposition which I loved seeing.

Good luck to him, Oxford seems a really good fit. 

I wasn’t aware of that.... 

On 25/02/2020 at 22:16, Redstart said:

Maybe not the best Championship player but played for the shirt and the badge with passion and never gave less than 100% - it would have been worth keeping him close to first team, could have certainly put some of the players currently walking around the pitch to shame. 

As a number 9 or impact sub on max 60 min he would have injected the passion into the team, something sadly lacking recently.

On 25/02/2020 at 22:25, City18 said:

I'm not a football chairman or a manager so I dont worry about how much profit or loss lansdown makes each season

Also fyi, we have a better squad than most teams in the league and one filled with quality, flair and goals.

However, all this has been coached out of the players by our saviour lee johnson and thanks to him we dont see any of this week in week out because he can't pick a settled team and no one on the pitch has a clue what they're meant to be doing.

Couple of things to point out to you here:-

we - along with almost every other professional football team don’t make an operating profit. 

How come you acknowledge we have all these players with quality, flair and goals yet we don’t see it during the games we play - are you some sort of Bielsa type of spy at the training ground where all these players exhibit their talents?

You seemed more confused than LJ on a match day!

On 25/02/2020 at 22:08, Hampshire Red said:

Underperformance? What a load of nonsense. We are 7th so what makes you think that is under performance? 

We are 7th 

Absolutely the annual fall away loss of form is less and less each year.

That is progress and you’d struggle to argue against it.

Fair play to MT. I think anyone would struggle to score in our squad. 

It's so weird compared to what we had when bobby and JB were in the squad. I remember watching those games actually really impressed with how we played. 

How have we regressed so much? I'm sure MT would be able to get 10 a year at least if we were playing with that same degree of fluidity and attack

Matty Taylor wasn’t , and isn’t the answer for what we are loudly aiming towards IMHO

Good , honest pro , who’s done very well to maximise what he has and forged a good professional career

Better footballer than I expected , decentish finisher and had a winners edge too 

A lot to like , and I have a lot of respect for him for all those reasons ,but not a striker for a promotion aiming side IMHO

The Fact that (Understandably to some degree) that some fans are thinking back to him and wanting him in the current side says a lot about the current set up IMHO

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Matty Taylor wasn’t , and isn’t the answer for what we are loudly aiming towards IMHO

Good , honest pro , who’s done very well to maximise what he has and forged a good professional career

Better footballer than I expected , decentish finisher and had a winners edge too 

A lot to like , and I have a lot of respect for him for all those reasons ,but not a striker for a promotion aiming side IMHO

The Fact that (Understandably to some degree) that some fans are thinking back to him and wanting him in the current side says a lot about the current set up IMHO

bullseye GIF

47 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Absolutely the annual fall away loss of form is less and less each year.

That is progress and you’d struggle to argue against it.

And yet we've ended up in basically the same spot the last two years and on current form look likely to again.

If we're falling away less, we must also be rising less as well for that too be possible? Certainly looks the case as we were reasonably healthily challenging the top 2 two years ago.

But are you really measuring progress as "we fall away due to awful form a bit less each year"? Three more points in 18/19 compared to 17/18, what a time to be alive eh!

On 25/02/2020 at 22:26, alexukhc said:

Was never in his favoured position here, LJ saw him as a 10 but he’s a 9, never faulted his effort and always wanted to play and do well for us, one of my favourite players in the 30 years of supporting us

and mine

Matty Taylor would have been better off going to a different championship side than us. He'd still be a championship player if he did. He is of championship quality for sure Imo.

6 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

He's a good player but probably too slow against better championship players similar to Eoin Doyle at Swindon who's never been prolific in league one 

26AB6A0A-16EE-48C8-AC7D-EABA562D6622.jpeg.d73de6b2c71f5fbdf83c66438d8d7270.jpeg

46 in 100 (93+7) is pretty darned decent to me!!

Championship I’d agree ?

3 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Matty Taylor would have been better off going to a different championship side than us. He'd still be a championship player if he did. He is of championship quality for sure Imo.

Cant agree, hes played a lot of games in the championship, theres an assist against man u and a couple of goals, but as a striker, which is his position, hes not shown any kind of consistent ability to score goals, or affect the game to much degree.

15 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Cant agree, hes played a lot of games in the championship, theres an assist against man u and a couple of goals, but as a striker, which is his position, hes not shown any kind of consistent ability to score goals, or affect the game to much degree.

He affected games, just not with his end product.  He was a better player than I thought he was, but there will always be a question mark about his ability, because he never got a run of starts here.  Injuries didn’t help.

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Is he really scoring a goal a game for Swindon this season? Wiki has him as 23 in 23.

Yes and he scored all of them before January 1st. He went back to Bradford for a month and didn't score for them then Bradford allowed him to join us for an undisclosed fee 

Archived