IGNORED

This forum is awful

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

11 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Of course I do   I posted a few days ago that we should never play 4-4-2 against Leeds and wba   And yes we have been poor but my point in we are not exactly in a bad place at the mo and a change of manager doesn’t guarantee us suddenly becoming Liverpool 

No ones saying we’re going to be like Liverpool but ffs they couldn’t even do the basics right tonight.  Everything right off the pitch, naff all on it.  This season was there for the taking, which it rarely is at this level.  Well at least a play off spot is/was.  But that was ******* awful. If we went up gawd only knows how many points we’d get.  About 11 judging by that shambles.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

No ones saying we’re going to be like Liverpool but ffs they couldn’t even do the basics right tonight.  Everything right off the pitch, naff all on it.  This season was there for the taking, which it rarely is at this level.  Well at least a play off spot is/was.  But that was ******* awful. If we went up gawd only knows how many points we’d get.  About 11 judging by that shambles.

We wouldn’t get that many

The Bristol City Uber Fan Malaise

Oh well it could be worse’

• Admin
2 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

But not as awful as City's media team who rather than run articles about how utterly **** we've been instead opt to rub it in by giving us reports of how well our 'out on loan' players are performing....

There is a real sense of irony there..... 

Once again it's our media team misjudging our fan base 

So just to clarify this forum is reflecting peoples views of the current goings on at the club, where the football is dour to watch, and questions are being asked of the manager thereby making it awful?

So in other words its being a... Forum? As intended?

Surely if I dont like the thread title/content just dont read it. Its like me clicking a pop-up story expecting to find the works of Tolkein.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

We wouldn’t get that many

The Bristol City Uber Fan Malaise

Oh well it could be worse’

Was it our promotion season we got smashed at Colchester?

I was there freezing my arse off (and a bit battered myself tbh) or am I mixing up seasons?    Tonight was as bad as that.

Teams like Sheffield United, come up get promoted with a genuinely fantastic tactical manager and a style of play that everyone knows. Yet we get stuck year after year with Lee Johnson, with rubbish football, and clueless tactics. But it's ok, we might improve THIS year by a position or two. Maybe by the end of the decade he might actually manage to get us promoted.

1 hour ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  
if you don’t like him .. fine either stop watching Bcfc or just get on with it 

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

Don’t worry mate. You’ll see the light sooner rather than later. You can thank me for helping you see it then. 

8 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

Jesus.....you must have one hell of a boring life if you enjoy this shite 

7 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

This makes me laugh.  You moan about poor football yet you want Warnock or hughton who achieve league position whilst playing the most boring football going.   Speak to any Brighton or Cardiff fan and they will say they did a great job but the crowds disappeared due to the awfulness of the footbsll

Did the crowds disappear when they both got promoted to the Prem? 

8 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Great effort. Bit like Bristol Live click bait. Post up any old shit and see who bites. I’ve bitten ?

This season - like many others - was full of promise and hope and yet our goons have failed to deliver.

A few exciting games in recent years and taking Man City close have only papered over the cracks. As have buying cheap and selling on at a profit. As has a “wonderful” stadium or training facilities.

The Emperors - there’s more than one - Lansdown, Ashton & Johnson - are naked. They might wear suits and brown shoes but they are naked.

As long as these clowns are in charge this circus will continue. They talk about progress and year on year improvement and how tough the Championship is. That’s all well and good chaps but that’s boardroom bullshit. Can’t say I’ve heard marginal gains used yet but hey, I might have missed it.

I go for two reasons.

I’ve supported BCFC all my life. When Steve was in his bedroom with Pete dreaming up how he was going to make millions I was down the Gate. That will never change. I’ll be there through thick and thin.

Second reason is the boy - and one of my two daughters. We go to nearly every home game. They live with their mum and don’t always come. I go every week. Sitting next to them for 90 minutes, buying cheap chocolate in B&M and a pasty in the ground is now a ritual. And a memory they’ll remember when they look at their plaque on the Atyeo Statue long after I’m dead and buried.

Leeds was wet and windy and cold. Yet we’re off to Millwall this weekend. See Steve that’s what we do. It’s not about the money or making even more. It’s about supporting “our club” through thick and thin.

But **** me. You and those around you are making it far more difficult than it ought to be.

8 hours ago, dave36 said:

Fed up of seeing another group of players struggling to materialise LJ’s dream - makes for a pastime that empties your pockets and gives nothing in return!  
Watching those same players on Instagram with their friends and families enjoying life and spending big, but giving us very little back on the pitch gives every one of us the right to complain!

I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes at the Gate but whatever it is we don’t have a happy group that believe they are being led to perform at their best - brilliant individuals, well paid but very poorly motivated!

Steve if you are not going to act, you may as well increase your efforts to promote the egg chasers because the football club you own is not proving to be a viable investment with your protege at the helm!

Watching the rugby is the only opportunity you’ll ever see the gate at full capacity, top English and European rugby, some of the best players in the world gracing the pitch, local Bristol lads in the squad, beer while watching the game and SL can set back and only spend a third and potentially get success. No brainier really! 

I agree with the comments about recent results and "how any team can beat any team, just look at recent results"(Luton/Brentford for example).

If we had been playing decent football, and been unlucky for 3 games in a row, then people would be unhappy, but would be able to stomach it a bit.

The fact is we've lost 3 in a row, yes including Leeds and West Brom, but the football we've been dished up is worse than Sunday League standard. Players hardly able to pass to someone in the same coloured shirt as them, barely any shots on target, and very few "box entries".

We've been playing poorly for most of the season, in comparison to previous years, and actually find ourselves in a decent league position. Imagine where we would be if we were consistent!!

8 hours ago, phantom said:

So in his interview Johnson acknowledges it wasn't good enough but..... 

Who suggested otherwise?

We don't have a divine right to win every game. Or play well. That's not how football works or has ever worked. 

Weird that it's the older generation on here, who make a big song and dance about modern football, who are nearly to a man/woman talking like customers or consumers. 

No rationale, no context. Just a tantrum about the quality of the product. 

So yeah, **** modern football... and the generation of whining nobodies who did nothing to stop the rot, allowed the atmosphere to turn turgid and now buy into their role as a customer rather than part of the fabric of the club. 

And no amount of stickers on the side of the three lions changes how we are just like every other club in this country. Nothing defines us as different anymore. Least of all our support. 

53 minutes ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Second reason is the boy - and one of my two daughters. We go to nearly every home game. They live with their mum and don’t always come. I go every week. Sitting next to them for 90 minutes, buying cheap chocolate in B&M and a pasty in the ground is now a ritual. And a memory they’ll remember when they look at their plaque on the Atyeo Statue long after I’m dead and buried.

Words can’t express how much I love this mate. 

9 hours ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Chris Hughton would be a realistic shout.

Warnock as an interim till end of the season.

Outside choices: take a shot on Mark Robins at Coventry. Give Gareth Ainsworth his chance at a bigger club.

I bloody love your two suggestions - would be prepared to give either one of those a shot.  It surely is to good to resist the chance to have Robins managing the Robins, no?

And doesn't he have a real fondness for the club?

6 minutes ago, TomF said:

Yay let’s single out OTIB again. Because nowhere else on the internet are City fans unhappy. It’s all shits and giggles on Facebook and Twitter. 

Exactly compared to the melts on twitter and facebook this place is the church of rational debate. I want the man gone but there is no need for all the midget shit that's just disrespectful. 

9 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Totally agree but everyone is entitled to their opinions but I must say what I saw last night can’t be blamed on the manager. The players were rabbits in headlights - kicking the ball away, no movement, no commitment. Until the changes were made we looked awful. I thought that dropping Williams was a good move - just for a rest, but Kalas seems to have come back really undercooked, slow and awkward in possession. I have also never seen Hunt give the away so many times. 
We need to take a deep breath and look at the league table and try to muster at least 6 wins in the run in.

If we look around at other teams in the playoff area - they are having the same blip. It’s the time of the season that every dog is fighting for a scrap of meat.

The most concerning part are the shots on target from open play. Personally I don’t think Fammy and Wells can play up front together at this moment but we are missing Mr Brownhill! 

On to the next! 

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Great effort. Bit like Bristol Live click bait. Post up any old shit and see who bites. I’ve bitten ?

This season - like many others - was full of promise and hope and yet our goons have failed to deliver.

A few exciting games in recent years and taking Man City close have only papered over the cracks. As have buying cheap and selling on at a profit. As has a “wonderful” stadium or training facilities.

The Emperors - there’s more than one - Lansdown, Ashton & Johnson - are naked. They might wear suits and brown shoes but they are naked.

As long as these clowns are in charge this circus will continue. They talk about progress and year on year improvement and how tough the Championship is. That’s all well and good chaps but that’s boardroom bullshit. Can’t say I’ve heard marginal gains used yet but hey, I might have missed it.

I go for two reasons.

I’ve supported BCFC all my life. When Steve was in his bedroom with Pete dreaming up how he was going to make millions I was down the Gate. That will never change. I’ll be there through thick and thin.

Leeds was wet and windy and cold. Yet we’re off to Millwall this weekend. See Steve that’s what we do. It’s not about the money or making even more. It’s about supporting “our club” through thick and thin.

But **** me. You and those around you are making it far more difficult than it ought to be.

I’m the same, I go to spend a few hours with my son enjoying watching championship football , I have supported city all my life and we have never been in a better position, great stadium, facilities, team but I agree we lack something on the pitch,  my original post stated I don’t care really if he stays or goes and I do believe he will pull the trigger and go for a big name soon to match the rest of the building but my point ( ok probably made at a bad time after an awful performance again ) is there is no need for such bile being spouted on here , every post 

22 minutes ago, Show Me The Money! said:

Someone’s getting protective! ?

Well yeah this place is frequently cited as some sort of unique place where the reactions wouldn’t happen anywhere else. Even the club hate it (despite the fact THEY created it originally).

Do people really think if we closed it tomorrow that all the users would just stop posting elsewhere or another forum wouldn’t pop up overnight. 

OTIB ain’t no different to every other football forum. 

I think OTIB is a superb forum and anyone who thinks otherwise just needs to google a few other clubs names and see the ‘quality’ of much of the dross out there. The admins also do a superb job and I really think this is the benchmark on what all forums should aspire to.

I think a few people could learn to wait until the match has at least finished before posting, as they can sometimes get a bit carried away with the emotion and that can cause unnecessary conflict at times.

Other than the odd troll, wum, or complete numbskull, the level of debate on here is usually great, so really can’t see what anyone’s got to complain about.

Archived