IGNORED

This forum is awful

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

11 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  
if you don’t like him .. fine either stop watching Bcfc or just get on with it 

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

Agreed, I don't come on here as much now it just gets boring reading the same things over and over...

I intend too ,  you carry on whining like a rich kid who hasn’t got the latest iPhone   Embarrassing 

It isn’t whinging though the performances has been a disgrace, hardly any shots no creativity and a leaky defence,

the only thing enjoyable at the moment is the company I attend with nothing else 

johnson has spent more then every other manager put together and this is his squad now and we are shit 

he has to go

This makes me laugh.  You moan about poor football yet you want Warnock or hughton who achieve league position whilst playing the most boring football going.   Speak to any Brighton or Cardiff fan and they will say they did a great job but the crowds disappeared due to the awfulness of the footbsll

Crowds ‘disappeared’ ?! Utter tripe! Why make stuff up?!

In Chris Hughton’s five seasons in charge at Brighton their average home crowds were:

2014/2015 - 26k

2015/2016 - 26k

2016/2017 - 28k

2017/2018 - 30k

2018/2019 - 31k 

In Neil Warnock’s three (and just under a half) seasons in charge at Cardiff their average home crowds were:

2016/2017 - 17k

2017/2018 - 20k

2018/2019 - 31k

2019/2020 - 23k

Yes Cardiff’s crowds dropped by a fair bit when they were relegated from the premier league, but that would be true of most clubs - and even then they were averaging more under Warnock than the season when he got them promoted into the premier league.

So, not sure where you dreamed up Brighton’s and Cardiff’s crowds ‘disappearing’ under Hughton and Warnock - the facts suggest otherwise ...

17 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Crowds ‘disappeared’ ?! Utter tripe! Why make stuff up?!

In Chris Hughton’s five seasons in charge at Brighton their average home crowds were:

2014/2015 - 26k

2015/2016 - 26k

2016/2017 - 28k

2017/2018 - 30k

2018/2019 - 31k 

In Neil Warnock’s three (and just under a half) seasons in charge at Cardiff their average home crowds were:

2016/2017 - 17k

2017/2018 - 20k

2018/2019 - 31k

2019/2020 - 23k

Yes Cardiff’s crowds dropped by a fair bit when they were relegated from the premier league, but that would be true of most clubs - and even then they were averaging more under Warnock than the season when he got them promoted into the premier league.

So, not sure where you dreamed up Brighton’s and Cardiff’s crowds ‘disappearing’ under Hughton and Warnock - the facts suggest otherwise ...

Don't let facts get in the way of a false statement..........whatever next.

12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

12 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Enjoying what's going on at our club at the mo, you must be the sort of person that likes being whipped with Birch twigs, there is precious little to enjoy about our club at the mo despite still being only three points off the playoffs, in fact in some ways that makes it worse seeing us throw away a great opportunity yet again.

11 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Teams like Sheffield United, come up get promoted with a genuinely fantastic tactical manager and a style of play that everyone knows. Yet we get stuck year after year with Lee Johnson, with rubbish football, and clueless tactics. But it's ok, we might improve THIS year by a position or two. Maybe by the end of the decade he might actually manage to get us promoted.

You ought to tell this to SL and MA. I'm sure they've got ring binders full of job applications from 'genuinely fantastic tactical managers' who would be guaranteed to get us promotion. D'oh, why didn't anyone think of this before?

Sorry, but it winds me up every time someone suggests we should simply appoint someone like Chris Wilder... 

Football Managers or Head coaches all seem to have a life cycle (I admit there are a few exceptions Furguson etc.) and without doubt LJ has run his course.

He must know it. He has had time...Money and some gifted players but it has not happened and so it is time for everyone to move on and bring in a new manager.

Of course we have been here before and it does not always work but we have to try before the bottom falls out of the club and its loyal supporters leave in droves.

Lee will find a new club and City will find a new manager ... life goes on. But move on it must .... we played with zero passion last night, When that happens its over and out.

The OP has a desire that people don't go on the forum and moan about things. Hmmmm i believe the forum is a place to air your views and after last night I would be amazed if any City Supporter did not have a view on that performance.

Finally a thought .... Sideways and back did not get us into the first division in the seventies and probably prior to that in the 1900's .... anyone who watched the performance last night will agree this brand of Football will never get us back to the promise land.

CTID.

18 hours ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I'm not an out-er - yet - but I do appreciate those that want LJ out are only expressing what they think is best for our club. They care, like we all do. Most of us are s/t holders, all of us passionate fans - or we'd not bother posting here.

I'd never call for people to stop watching or caring for this club, just because I don't agree with them.

Moreover, I can see the arguments that have led many to the place where they are now.

FWIW my position is we aren't going down, it is a few months to the end of the season, let's see how he does before we assess in June.

A continuation of current form should (and I think will) result in a dismissal.

I think as seasons go it’s ended up being pretty bad entertainment wise - one of least entertaining I can remember. I totally understand if this is the reason people are wanting a change - I'd put myself in that camp, although with the caveat of - at the end of the season.

The reactions posted on here beyond the quality of football are often hyperbolic and ridiculous. The idea that LJ is clueless and hopeless is silly. Yes we have a better squad than I can remember in our recent history – yes we have spent a lot of money – yes with the quality of players we have we could definitely be playing a more attractive type of football. But do those who somehow think we are massively underperforming really think our squad is infinitely better than Fulham? Forest? Brentford? Preston? Even Leeds who are clearly better on paper and have a much more experienced coach are not that much further ahead (especially if you accept, they are better than us an remove our head to heads). We had posters who when LJ was first here were complaining they just wanted a season where they didn’t have to worry about relegation – then when that was delivered switching to lets get someone in like Warnock who will grind out results – well that’s what we’re doing its not pretty ( I hate it) but actually you can’t argue it isn’t working. People are mashing the quality or entertainment into the quality of results and they are not the same thing. Results are consistently being delivered. It’s not pretty when we win but we are as consistent as anyone – pretty much everyone above and just below us has had bad runs this season too.  We had posters saying any one who doesn’t want him gone are blind, naïve or even deluded – but we are 3points form the playoffs.

So seemingly because of the frustration at the quality of football and the fact its hard to actually critisise our league positions we get these relentless threads about anything and everything (there were 9 up just minutes after the Huddersfield game – some before it was over). Just this week for example we had people complaining about how Wells must be regretting moving as it would be hard for anyone to score in our team a couple people even saying Kane would struggle in our side but we have 49 goals this season – more than Fulham and Forest and the same as Leeds and Preston – of the teams above us only WBA and Brentford have more.

We are not a hopeless lost cause we are a very effective playoff contender playing awful football. Ironically, I wouldn’t want a manager like Warnock because of the style of football they play but I’ve ended up with that anyway.  In all honesty I would be happy for LJ to go unless he can improve the quality of what we are watching significantly or get us promoted. But to remove him now with where we are and the fact that however uninspiring the football it genuinely could get us into the playoffs. It’s also stupid as limits who we could go for as many managers will want to see out the current season and it will be harder to pull them away.

Archived