Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Whale Eye Beef Hooked

This forum is awful

I enjoy watching entertaining football more than anything else. 

You're entitled to enjoy whatever you like. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I agree to an extent but maybe you should avoid OTIB? I do at times as there are certain posters who get on my wick but entitled to their opinion, hey it’s a forum. I’m delighted with what’s going on off the pitch but on it, I’m furious. LJ out 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  
if you don’t like him .. fine either stop watching Bcfc or just get on with it 

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

What the **** are you enjoying? Luckily for me the football is secondary yo seeing my old man and mates down the gate, if it was just fir the football I would not be going. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Why, before, during and after every game , Does this forum has to be dominated by the same boring lee Johnson saga.  

every bloody topic gets turned into the same bile  I’m sure some ( Alan DICK’s , fordy just 2 to mention ) have got a LJ doll at home that they stick pins in too.   
yes we have been poor this season at time’s but to be challenging in and around the top 6 all season in this league is what I’ve wanted for the last 30 years    Be warned, last time we sacked a manager when we were doing ok in this league, we ended up going backwards for nearly 10 years 

for what it’s worth I don’t care if he stays or goes , I’m probably 60/40 stay but whatever,  it won’t stop me from enjoying what’s going on at our club at the mo 

Spot on. But is he the right man to take us backwards?

Edited by Curr Avon

10 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Good for you

You’d  enjoy it even more with a decent head coach

Blind 

Oh - as for your comment ‘Stay away’ - the same applies to you about the forum

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 5

The footballs crap. Has been for almost 2 years at this point in terms of any attacking play.

What else do we talk about? The colour of Weimann's laces this week?

Ultimately its been the worst football Ive seen since O'Driscoll insofar this season, in terms of comparison to player ability I'd argue we're actually in a worse situation. 17 years as a season ticket-holder and I'm actually considering dropping it next year simply becuase most of my mates aren't renewing, and the majority of the reason I've been going is the social aspect.

If I came for the football alone, I'd probably just go support Bris MF along down the Portway.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

If you view it as pure pantomime it’s tolerable 😂

• Haha 1

How you have described the forum is exactly like the football under Johnson.

It's a forum we discuss everything City related regardless of anyone's leanings.

Mr Johnson is a relevant topic at this time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Good try Lee!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I don't really know what you were expecting to see on here after that tonight...

11 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Meh, I think it's right that Johnson and his players are called out for consistently being poor. They get paid a fortune - it's not acceptable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

It's a forum we discuss everything City related regardless of anyone's leanings.

Why not reply to other threads? Too difficult?

• Rovers 1

The most frustrating thing is that if we’d actually performed or played well this season, we’d have a real chance at being top two. Blackburn, Millwall, Charlton, Huddersfield, Luton. All games we should be at least drawing or winning but we ended up losing. Even if we’d drawn those, add 5 points on and we’re up in 4th place.

A manager with a clear plan would have these players in 4th at least, battling for top two. LJ has us scrabbling on the edges of the playoffs alongside a relegated Cardiff team during a rebuild, Blackburn who’ve missed Dack for a significant part of the season and Millwall!

What's going on at the club is some of the worst football an tactics I can remember city implementing. 

I know obviously finances are different but just baffles me that Lansdown will go out and get one of the best coaches in the game for the rugby but with us he won't even just get a proven championship manager. He gets and sticks with Lee who has won absolutely naff all in his career and doesn't look like doing so for a Very long time! 

• Like 5

I think you're right fella but I'd put your tin hat on if I were you. Unless you like hearing the constantly repeated and tiresome "midget" or "junior" jibes after every defeat

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Bye then

• Haha 2

Sorry to post twice so quickly, but after being LJ out for quite a while, I’d just about talked myself into keeping him before today.

We’ve finished higher each season, more quality players are being attracted to the club, he’s happy working under SL’s (correct) plan on making the club sustainable, others across the football world seem to think he’s doing ok. Maybe this had just been an unlucky season with Dasilva, Kalas and Afobe’s injuries. 
BUT. Today was horrific. There was absolutely nothing positive today. 

I’m firmly back in the LJ out camp.

I don’t know whether he should stay or go? Who are we going to get in who will do a better job, bearing in mind the players we’ve sold. 
The thing is, the football is bad and I’m seriously thinking about not renewing my season ticket for next season. 

• Like 1

This forum, other City forums over the years, other clubs forums, all the same, there is more comment and traffic when it’s all going tits up, than when all is rosy.  It’s the way it is, you can only say so much about another win, sat pretty in the table, but there is plenty to rile people on performances like tonight.

Really not sure how anyone can defend tonight’s performance and in all honesty, large parts of virtually all the games I have seen this season, mirror this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

I don’t know whether he should stay or go? Who are we going to get in who will do a better job, bearing in mind the players we’ve sold. 
The thing is, the football is bad and I’m seriously thinking about not renewing my season ticket for next season. 

SL can use the same method Johnson uses for picking the team

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Isn't that what a forums for?? To discuss your likes / dislikes?? And unfortunately at present it revolves around poor performances with no reaction and that lies with LJ?? So if you don't like the topics don't read them and stay off OTIB we all have an options and never all the same. 

2 minutes ago, swanker said:

Chris Hughton would be a realistic shout.

Warnock as an interim till end of the season.

Outside choices: take a shot on Mark Robins at Coventry. Give Gareth Ainsworth his chance at a bigger club.

Fed up of seeing another group of players struggling to materialise LJ’s dream - makes for a pastime that empties your pockets and gives nothing in return!  
Watching those same players on Instagram with their friends and families enjoying life and spending big, but giving us very little back on the pitch gives every one of us the right to complain!

I don’t know what is going on behind the scenes at the Gate but whatever it is we don’t have a happy group that believe they are being led to perform at their best - brilliant individuals, well paid but very poorly motivated!

Steve if you are not going to act, you may as well increase your efforts to promote the egg chasers because the football club you own is not proving to be a viable investment with your protege at the helm!

This forum is nowhere near as awful as the last three performances! 

However people come here to say their peace. That’s why it’s called a forum. An excellent clue!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I really am baffled at what you have been watching recently 

Sadly we have a number of fans like yourself that seem obsessed with accepting mediocrity 

This is a serious question do you actually watch us play? 

2 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

So do I , but who in this league produces it week in week out 

I'd settle for once a month at the moment 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

What the **** are you enjoying? Luckily for me the football is secondary yo seeing my old man and mates down the gate, if it was just fir the football I would not be going. 

The club growing as it is , the stadium , the new stuff coming over the next 2 years, the squad , the pies 😂.  Jeez. Honestly I had to endure the gas for 1 game because of a lost bet and when you see that pile of shite with no hope , no future , awful ground  it makes you appreciate what we have got 

22 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Absolutely right.

Its such a polarizing subject. If Lee Johnson was fired tomorrow thens I wouldn’t be surprised nor would I be sad.

The exact same could be said if he was still here in the summer.

The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is the fear of the unknown. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Good for you

You’d  enjoy it even more with a decent head coach

Blind 

Oh - as for your comment ‘Stay away’ - the same applies to you about the forum

I intend too ,  you carry on whining like a rich kid who hasn’t got the latest iPhone   Embarrassing 

• Hedgehog 1

2 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

I intend too ,  you carry on whining like a rich kid who hasn’t got the latest iPhone   Embarrassing 

Keep snoozing in the Lansdown 

Blind

23 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

No.  Every topic turns back to abuse of Johnson.  

23 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

The most frustrating thing is that if we’d actually performed or played well this season, we’d have a real chance at being top two. Blackburn, Millwall, Charlton, Huddersfield, Luton. All games we should be at least drawing or winning but we ended up losing. Even if we’d drawn those, add 5 points on and we’re up in 4th place.

A manager with a clear plan would have these players in 4th at least, battling for top two. LJ has us scrabbling on the edges of the playoffs alongside a relegated Cardiff team during a rebuild, Blackburn who’ve missed Dack for a significant part of the season and Millwall!

Everybody is beating everyone.  Look at the results over the last 3 weeks

34 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Boy oh boy

It is no wonder our club never progresses when people write nonsense like this after one of our worst displays of the season 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Chris Hughton would be a realistic shout.

Warnock as an interim till end of the season.

Outside choices: take a shot on Mark Robins at Coventry. Give Gareth Ainsworth his chance at a bigger club.

This makes me laugh.  You moan about poor football yet you want Warnock or hughton who achieve league position whilst playing the most boring football going.   Speak to any Brighton or Cardiff fan and they will say they did a great job but the crowds disappeared due to the awfulness of the footbsll

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phantom said:

I really am baffled at what you have been watching recently 

Sadly we have a number of fans like yourself that seem obsessed with accepting mediocrity 

This is a serious question do you actually watch us play? 

I'd settle for once a month at the moment 

Yes I watch every home game and about 25% of away games 

34 minutes ago, Hocca said:

What exactly are you enjoying right now?

I'm enjoying the LJ threads on OTIB  

At least there's more of them than there are box entries! :)

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, !james said:

State of the 'fans' on Twitter is even worse...

Screenshot_20200225-225122_Twitter.jpg

There appears to be an urgent need to review primary schools' English language curriculum.  

It should be" **** off Johnson"!!!!! :)

7 minutes ago, Whale Eye Beef Hooked said:

Yes I watch every home game and about 25% of away games 

And you honestly don't see anything amiss? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Boy oh boy

It is no wonder our club never progresses when people write nonsense like this after one of our worst displays of the season 

I don’t think his comments have any influence on that whatsoever.