IGNORED

Player Ratings Huddersfield

And Its Smith

8 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Baker was our best defender, thought was unlucky on the pen stood his ground and Smith Rowe launched himself into Baker. 
Thought Rowe played much better 2nd half with Nagy, but why take him off and play Pato  as a cm.

Kalas seemed to get better as match went on

Hunt was a waste of space never tracked back and left us so open, same with desilva first half, but defended better 2nd half.

Pereria has to start at Millwall instead of Hunt.

There’s been little comment about the pen. I thought exactly the same thing. What was Baker supposed to do? The bloke runs into him and falls over spectacularly. Easy one to give a home side and refs lower down are happy with an easy life.

I mean, who would thought a player was looking for a foul in the box. ?

51 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

There’s been little comment about the pen. I thought exactly the same thing. What was Baker supposed to do? The bloke runs into him and falls over spectacularly. Easy one to give a home side and refs lower down are happy with an easy life.

I mean, who would thought a player was looking for a foul in the box. ?

Baker leaned his shoulder into that block intentionally. I mean, this is Nathan Baker. We know what he's like.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Weimann added nothing...He came on, increased our tempo, got stuck in and did what he always does make others around him play better....If I remember correctly we even got one back toward the end on a night when at one point we had zero shots to their twelve...However nice work going up there for that shit show!

Yeah, fair comment. I'm not suggesting a 3 or 4, he wasn't on long enough to be as consistently poor as some others. And I'm not going to argue over a 5 or 6!

It's harder to judge when you're sat behind one goal, and we're attacking the other, but to me he didn't really add much - and I'm not sure who played better at any point! I'd almost forgotten the goal - again, we were so far away, it appeared so untidy, and the City players didn't really celebrate, that we didn't realise it was a goal until they started running back! And in reality there was only ever one team looked likely to get another after that - and it wasn't us!

My abiding memory of Weimann last night was when he seemed to get a good through ball that put him clear to run on goal and with one poor touch managed to change direction away from goal, lose the clear run he had and foul the chasing defender, all in one go!

41 minutes ago, mozo said:

Baker leaned his shoulder into that block intentionally. I mean, this is Nathan Baker. We know what he's like.

He did, but players were doing that all night and getting away with it. Fam was pushed into the dugout not long before, and that was a much more obvious obstruction with no attempt to play the ball - and nothing given.

But didn't their player ever make the most of it. A triple twirl through the air that an olympic gymnast would have been proud of. The only reason he lay on the ground so long was giddiness. 

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

Yeah, fair comment. I'm not suggesting a 3 or 4, he wasn't on long enough to be as consistently poor as some others. And I'm not going to argue over a 5 or 6!

It's harder to judge when you're sat behind one goal, and we're attacking the other, but to me he didn't really add much - and I'm not sure who played better at any point! I'd almost forgotten the goal - again, we were so far away, it appeared so untidy, and the City players didn't really celebrate, that we didn't realise it was a goal until they started running back! And in reality there was only ever one team looked likely to get another after that - and it wasn't us!

My abiding memory of Weimann last night was when he seemed to get a good through ball that put him clear to run on goal and with one poor touch managed to change direction away from goal, lose the clear run he had and foul the chasing defender, all in one go!

From where I was sat there defender leaned in Weimann who was cutting inside who then went tumbling to the ground. Made it worse ref booked him for diving which was a joke, then Fammy nearly got booked for arguing over the booking.There player looked up saw the whistle stayed on the ground and then smirked after he knew he had got away with it.

1 hour ago, italian dave said:

He did, but players were doing that all night and getting away with it. Fam was pushed into the dugout not long before, and that was a much more obvious obstruction with no attempt to play the ball - and nothing given.

But didn't their player ever make the most of it. A triple twirl through the air that an olympic gymnast would have been proud of. The only reason he lay on the ground so long was giddiness. 

No complaint it was a pen seen them given just thought was very harsh. Like you said there player did a lovely twirl in the air and was twirling before he hit Baker. Played for by Smith Rowe, would guarantee same at the other end would of not been given.

11 hours ago, mozo said:

The weird thing is, the players looked really fired up at the start of the game, but in a sort reckless, uncontrolled way, wayward tackles and hasty passing. And whilst they never gained any composure, they slowly lost their enthusiasm. 

I noticed that to, the coaches had clearly fired them up with this need for ‘ steel ‘.

Both Benko and Hunt were  lucky to avoid red cards. 

Depressing . 

11 hours ago, Redstart said:

I just can't get my head around signing Benkovic on loan and then shoving Taylor Moore out to Blackpool - Benkovic not improved us at all in my opinion.

Benkovic should be playing like the best defender in the champ. He's got ridiculous quality that hasn't been shown under us

Bentley 5 - thought he should've saved the pen

Hunt 2 - woeful

DaSilva 2 - think that's his worst game for us

Baker 4 - won a few 50/50s

Benkovic 1 - didn't realise he was playing 

Kalas 2 - coming back from injury

Henriksen 2 - unfit?  slow?  rubbish? 

Rowe 2 - not a championship midfielder

Paterson 1 - From outcast to golden boy and wont be dropped.

Wells 4 - feel sorry for him.  Booted the ball at half time in frustration 

Diedhiou 5 - Tried but ineffective

Subs

Elliason 4 - Tried but nothing went our way

Nagy 5 - Looked ok, lightweight but tried to get in ticking

Weimann  4 - Meh

Archived