IGNORED

LJ - Post match comments

lenred

3 minutes ago, lenred said:

Actually sounds pretty despondent tonight and near enough admits he’s doesn’t know how to turn it around for Millwall.    New players need to ‘get into the programme’ apparently. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1232432993077039104?s=21

He doesn’t know what went wrong. My opinion is the players don’t know whether they are coming and going. Simple as that 

What a ridiculous thing to come out with. Clearly has absolutely no idea how to man manage. Fair enough if you have had a player for a few seasons and they aren’t pulling their weight, but to say that after they’ve only had a few games for us is just plain stupid.

He mentions how fantastic they did in training pregame.This concerns me. They trained exactly how he wanted them to but served up this performance. Has his training abilities reached their peak? 

Whenever he mentions how well they train in the future it’s not gonna mean nowt 

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Actually sounds pretty despondent tonight and near enough admits he’s doesn’t know how to turn it around for Millwall.    New players need to ‘get into the programme’ apparently. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1232432993077039104?s=21

What program is that.................Camberwick Green Chigley ?

23 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He doesn’t know what went wrong. My opinion is the players don’t know whether they are coming and going. Simple as that 

Said it before.  Genuinely think it could be better for both parties if he left,  not just for us. Gives him the chance to regroup with reputation in tact and for us to push forward.  Won’t happen I know but still.  

7 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

What program is that.................Camberwick Green Chigley ?

At least their boss knew he had the same team each week. A Midfield that was always Pugh, Pugh, Barney, Magrew and Cuthbert with Dibble and Grub up front. These two were on fire!

2 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

What a ridiculous thing to come out with. Clearly has absolutely no idea how to man manage. Fair enough if you have had a player for a few seasons and they aren’t pulling their weight, but to say that after they’ve only had a few games for us is just plain stupid.

TBF I thought (and said in the match day thread) that Benkovic was a liability. I felt he was either in danger of getting a red card or giving a goal away, his passing from the back was slow and technically abysmal (he wasn't alone in that though). Henriksen was way off the pace but with just a handful of games over the last couple of seasons its probably too much to ask of him to hit the ground running - thats down to LJ for chucking him in at the deep end imo. No need to elaborate on them though, giving them the hook at half time said it all.

But I'd agree with the gist of what he said in that the players had no fight in that first half and were just going through the motions, looked to me that they were playing as individuals for themselves not as a team. Worst first half I've seen from a City team for a long time. No wonder he's despondent. But its down to him to get them up for the next game and if he can't do that or the players don't respond then it'll only end one way eventually.

Not looking forward to Millwall now but transport and tickets all paid up....

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

TBF I thought (and said in the match day thread) that Benkovic was a liability. I felt he was either in danger of getting a red card or giving a goal away, his passing from the back was slow and technically abysmal (he wasn't alone in that though). Henriksen was way off the pace but with just a handful of games over the last couple of seasons its probably too much to ask of him to hit the ground running - thats down to LJ for chucking him in at the deep end imo. No need to elaborate on them though, giving them the hook at half time said it all.

But I'd agree with the gist of what he said in that the players had no fight in that first half and were just going through the motions, looked to me that they were playing as individuals for themselves not as a team. Worst first half I've seen from a City team for a long time. No wonder he's despondent. But its down to him to get them up for the next game and if he can't do that or the players don't respond then it'll only end one way eventually.

Not looking forward to Millwall now but transport and tickets all paid up....

He needs to go back to basics. He’s stubborn, and he’s undone all his good work from previous seasons . Players out on loan should be playing for us instead he’s got named players from elsewhere who are good individually but not as a team. Maybe the fans have contributed to that by wanting these ‘stars’ but are they better than what we had? It will be interesting the team he puts out on Saturday. 

1 minute ago, E.G.Red said:

He needs to go back to basics. He’s stubborn, and he’s undone all his good work from previous seasons . Players out on loan should be playing for us instead he’s got named players from elsewhere who are good individually but not as a team. Maybe the fans have contributed to that by wanting these ‘stars’ but are they better than what we had? It will be interesting the team he puts out on Saturday. 

There's no doubt that Wells is a cut above any striker we had but Benkovic and Henriksen ? Not sure.

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

That post match interview has made me more concerned than I was before. Doesn’t sound at all promising.

25 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Hasn't got a clue how to set them up has he, very worrying times.

I know I've written it already in other threads tonight but on seeing that I think he's finished 

Do the honourable thing fall on your sword take the backroom team with you and give us a sprint at trying to salvage something from the season 

As much as he pisses me off I honestly think a certain unemployed manager living in Cornwall would put a rocket up the arses of our squad and get them fighting for promotion again

From top to bottom at the moment we look very deflated and everyone is looking around for inspiration that just isn't there anymore 

Archived