IGNORED

LJ - Post match comments

lenred

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Stoke should be fourth and Wigan should be 7th?! Behave. 

Im not saying they should, I said it tells a story, i.e. an alternative, fiction.

It says they've been very unlucky and not clinical in the slightest.

Meanwhile, we've apparently been blessed a 6 dieties and every one of our strikes at goal have been blessed and fortuitious.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Im not saying they should, I said it tells a story, i.e. an alternative, fiction.

It says they've been very unlucky and not clinical in the slightest.

Meanwhile, we've apparently been blessed a 6 dieties and every one of our strikes at goal have been blessed and fortuitious.

It’s just a nonsense in my opinion 

We’ve got the players (sort of), the Championship is pants this year, our league position attests to that.  Someone just needs to drill them in one game plan for the rest of the games.  Why Johnson can’t do this is beyond me?  He’s like those managers at work that just keep producing new ******* ‘process guides’ to look like they’re doing something whilst the people doing the actual job roll their eyes.

Pretty sad to see that interview with LJ . As a person I like the guy . Tonight he looks beaten and his comments are a worry . Our performances are getting worse and his selections more random . Do you stick or twist?

Very important time for the club as we still have a chance of the playoffs and season ticket renewals are due . Who’d be a chairman?

Over to you Sir Steve . 

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

It’s just a nonsense in my opinion 

Pinch of salt, as with any set of data, but I wouldn't write it off.

We've seen the last few games with our shots on target as an example, we've been due for some matches like this, per the xG table, and it doesnt look like stopping before season end.

1 hour ago, lenred said:

Said it before.  Genuinely think it could be better for both parties if he left,  not just for us. Gives him the chance to regroup with reputation in tact and for us to push forward.  Won’t happen I know but still.  

Agree in some ways but what is his reputation? If we miss the play offs this season his career record, despite all the talk, all the self-publicity, all the hype, all the signings, will be 8 years, no promotions, no play-offs, no relegations.... in other words 8 mid-table finishes. 

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

Pretty sad to see that interview with LJ . As a person I like the guy . Tonight he looks beaten and his comments are a worry . Our performances are getting worse and his selections more random . Do you stick or twist?

Very important time for the club as we still have a chance of the playoffs and season ticket renewals are due . Who’d be a chairman?

Over to you Sir Steve . 

Should LJ be sacked, please don't let SL pick his successor.

I think back to the time Joe Jordan came in with 6 games to go, kicked the players up the arse, and had new fresh ideas and tactics. We won all 6 games, unfortunately we lost out to Walsall in the playoffs though. 

But it’s clear to just about everyone that change is needed, and needed now. The team are stale, the current manager has run out of ideas and there are 11 games to go. The ideal time for SL to make a big call. 

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

So he’s not digging them out , he’s just , well digging them out.

He’s more or less admitted , he doesn’t know how to turn it around 

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

That post match interview has made me more concerned than I was before. Doesn’t sound at all promising.

What he should be saying is something along the lines of:

”I spotted some issues, tried to fix them with some little tweaks in the first half, but Huddersfield had built up a head of steam, so I had to change it more significantly at half-time.  We were better second half as a result, but I will be using the de-brief tomorrow to ensure they understand what was needed”

At least give the impression of being all-knowing.  I suspect he will need to watch the video back to formulate the answers, because it’s obvious he hasn’t been able to pinpoint the issues during the 90 minutes (and 15 at h-t) and remedy them.  Nor have his coaches and nor have his analysts.

Again he has resorted to a sledgehammer at h-t.

You prep the players for 5212 for the game, but abandon it after 45, changing both formation and personnel.  Critically leaving one sub up your sleeve too.  If Benkovic was injured, why not Williams as sub?  Maybe get the back line squeezed cup 15-20 yards.  See what happens.  Give it 10 minutes.  But no, 442, Eliasson on, **** the preparation.  Why not Re-inforce all the good stuff they did in training.

His Reading of the game is one of his his biggest development areas.  Same questions of Deano and Macca too.

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

He mentions how fantastic they did in training pregame.This concerns me. They trained exactly how he wanted them to but served up this performance. Has his training abilities reached their peak? 

Whenever he mentions how well they train in the future it’s not gonna mean nowt 

So is he burning them out in training and not giving this all important recovery time, you know it's the time we have moved matches for quite often? 

Quite probably the players are confused with tactics and formations, I am. I don't know who is going to start matches and if we are a neat passing team or hoof it long? Neither seems affective.

If he is a giving a dejective interview it hardly inspires confidence, and this isn't good going into the next match and beyond. Players, fans and most importantly Steve Lansdown won't be impressed by a Head Coach that is finding it difficult to coach.

Can I stress it wasn't the result tonight that is breaking me, it was the absolute shambles of the performance. But for Huddersfield's poor finishing it could easy have been another Preston, it was worse than the Preston performance by miles too.

:LJ   interview  "I don't understand" he states.    I think he is at a loss as to know what to do next, he has constantly chopped and changed personnel and formations, and he seems to have run out of ideas, plus his players do not seem to be responding.  The quality of the individual players is mainly not in doubt, so it comes down to motivation and tactics.  If he cannot produce a successful and convincing pattern of play, after four years in charge,  and he cannot motivate his own signings...........then perhaps, it's time to give someone else a go, and he should seriously consider resigning?

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

What he should be saying is something along the lines of:

”I spotted some issues, tried to fix them with some little tweaks in the first half, but Huddersfield had built up a head of steam, so I had to change it more significantly at half-time.  We were better second half as a result, but I will be using the de-brief tomorrow to ensure they understand what was needed”

At least give the impression of being all-knowing.  I suspect he will need to watch the video back to formulate the answers, because it’s obvious he hasn’t been able to pinpoint the issues during the 90 minutes (and 15 at h-t) and remedy them.  Nor have his coaches and nor have his analysts.

Again he has resorted to a sledgehammer at h-t.

You prep the players for 5212 for the game, but abandon it after 45, changing both formation and personnel.  Critically leaving one sub up your sleeve too.  If Benkovic was injured, why not Williams as sub?  Maybe get the back line squeezed cup 15-20 yards.  See what happens.  Give it 10 minutes.  But no, 442, Eliasson on, **** the preparation.  Why not Re-inforce all the good stuff they did in training.

His Reading of the game is one of his his biggest development areas.  Same questions of Deano and Macca too.

I’d love to know how many times we’ve changed formations either from game to game or during games this season.  It must be crazy and can’t help the players. 
9 defeats in our last 15 league games isn’t great (I’ve been generous and “lost” two failures to beat Shrewsbury!). 

I’m a big LJ fan, I haven’t read or heard his post match comments, but I’m very disappointed by tonight’s showing. 
I can take not being able to compete with the “top 2” because we’re not there, yet. 
However, IF he feels he’s “lost it” like some suggest, then I think he’s man enough to step away. 
IF that’s bollocks, then I expect him to have more balls & fight in him that most of the “supporters” on this thread and hope he can turn things around, again. 

I think people have lost sight of the fact that we are probably a mid table side, slightly over achieving, although I agree that performances are not good enough at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Portland Bill said:

I think back to the time Joe Jordan came in with 6 games to go, kicked the players up the arse, and had new fresh ideas and tactics. We won all 6 games, unfortunately we lost out to Walsall in the playoffs though. 

But it’s clear to just about everyone that change is needed, and needed now. The team are stale, the current manager has run out of ideas and there are 11 games to go. The ideal time for SL to make a big call. 

It’s clear to the sensible people. However no one wants to tell the majority shareholder that this has ran its course. All those Leeds and WBA are top apologists on here can dig the bones out of that scheisse fest ...Appalling....!

18 minutes ago, phantom said:

I'm not sure if it's the screen I'm reading this on but I h no idea what I'm looking at here 

xG version of the league table. 

Takes into account (in theory) how many goals a team should score or concede compared to how many shots they have, and how likely each team were likely to score or concede from said oppurtunities. 

It compares that to where they are in the current table to give an idea as to which teams are overperforming or underperforming. Or, who has been uncannily clinical, very unlucky. Ergo, can be taken with a pinch of salt, but paints an interesting picture. 

43 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Cummon lads, £20k a week and all you have to do is run around a bit and look half interested.  Lose to West Brom and go out on the piss on Saturday night and perform like a Sunday league team on Tuesday.  What a life.

*Anyone fancy a new Bentley Continental by the way?

* I dont think bringing in a new foreign goalkeeper will solve our problems tbh… thats one position we have covered, and have excellent cover for too...  ?

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m a big LJ fan, I haven’t read or heard his post match comments, but I’m very disappointed by tonight’s showing. 
I can take not being able to compete with the “top 2” because we’re not there, yet. 
However, IF he feels he’s “lost it” like some suggest, then I think he’s man enough to step away. 
IF that’s bollocks, then I expect him to have more balls & fight in him that most of the “supporters” on this thread and hope he can turn things around, again. 

I think people have lost sight of the fact that we are probably a mid table side, slightly over achieving, although I agree that performances are not good enough at the moment. 

Your last sentence would not particularly resonate well with Steve Lansdown would it?... Year on year progression means finishing a minimum of 7th in May. 

When a manager comes out and says he 'does not understand' why his players are not performing it means he is bereft of ideas. And he digs a bigger hole now whenever he waffles on about an apparent identity. He needs to stop saying that immediately, it's total nonsense. 

I think he knows he is almost a busted flush. If his players want him to stay in the job he needs them to win and win well against Millwall and get the club back in the top 6. I think he also needs to start entertaining the fans because it sounds like a very long time since he has managed to do that with his players. Lethargy on the field is 100% down to the motivation, or lack of it, from the coaching team. There is nowhere to hide for them and it looks like it's dawning on them. This is his Waterloo coming up.

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m a big LJ fan

Your second sentence. 

Do you think that the majority shareholder views us as an over achieving mid table outfit with the massive investment that has been put in by him around Bar Bs3 and the multi millions spent on players.

LJ had one target set by the benefactor and that was improve our position...That did not mean 7th, that meant top six....I despair sometimes that people don’t hear what the bloke is saying. I have not lost sight of the fact SL expects improvement (top six finish) and I reckon he is pretty fed up after that! And he certainly does not see us as an over achieving mid table side....With an 8 million center back etc etc etc etc etc!

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Actually sounds pretty despondent tonight and near enough admits he doesn’t know how to turn it around for Millwall.    New players need to ‘get into the programme’ apparently. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1232432993077039104?s=21

" Couple of the new players have to have a look at themselves.....I'm definitely not digging them out on an individual basis...but Markus was ineffective".

I love the way how in among all of that we get "but it's a team game including all of us" - clever enough to pick up on the fact he's heavily criticized for blaming individuals, but not clever enough to stop doing it.

That short interview is littered with subtle and not so subtle blame shifting.

QUESTION: "How do you pick the players up for the game at Millwall?"

ANSWER: "it comes from the inner sanctum of the player, that fire in the belly, and actually executing what we worked to.......I didn't like what I saw tonight".

No Lee, the question was, what is your role in this.

Man management skills zero.

8 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

No not really :laugh:. But he looks like a man who's run out of ideas, and surely the club must be aware of the tidal wave of negativity among fans. No you're right, probably not

What “tidal wave” of negativity? A few 100 social media posts. This place doesn’t represent the fan base, if it did there would be huge booing and Johnson out chants around the ground as well as low crowds. That may be considered a “tidal wave”.

8 hours ago, lenred said:

Actually sounds pretty despondent tonight and near enough admits he doesn’t know how to turn it around for Millwall.    New players need to ‘get into the programme’ apparently. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcbristolsport/status/1232432993077039104?s=21

He has bought players he wanted and created his own squad. He has played each one in different positions with every shape possible in order to try and hit upon the one that works. Unfortunately for him everything he tries fails sonit is time for him to move on.

You simply cant have a manager who doesn't know his best players and shape and tinkers it every week in hope....that is clueless and shows a manager who lacks confidence and ability.

Archived