IGNORED

Nahki Wells

Jerseybean

Genuinely wonder what NW will be thinking on the long coach trip back to Bristol. He has hardly seen the ball in the games he’s played for us and has gone from scoring for fun to snatching at scraps.

At least Henriksen and Benkovic can escape at the end of the season.

My opinion is he isnt good enough for top level Championship. Not great on the ball, quite lightweight and misses loads of chances. The one on Saturday was an absolute sitter.

One 4 month purple patch at a lowly team but with 3 of the most creative young players behind him sadly doesnt make him the answer to what we need.

I do hope not but I think given his age, wage and length of contract, this could turn out to be one of our worst signings in many years.

2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

My opinion is he isnt good enough for top level Championship. Not great on the ball, quite lightweight and misses loads of chances. The one on Saturday was an absolute sitter.

One 4 month purple patch at a lowly team but with 3 of the most creative young players behind him sadly doesnt make him the answer to what we need.

I do hope not but I think given his age, wage and length of contract, this could turn out to be one of our worst signings in many years.

Patterson, Palmer and Eliasson behind him wouldn't be too bad and create the chances for him. But that won't happen as long ball is the way we are playing. 

4 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Patterson, Palmer and Eliasson behind him wouldn't be too bad and create the chances for him. But that won't happen as long ball is the way we are playing. 

No idea why LJ hasn't tried a 4-3-3 or variant this season. Solid back 4 with our best two CBs, Baker and Kalas.

Nagy Smith

Weimann/Pato Palmer Eliasson

Wells

Something to do with that team being bad at defending corners or some overexaggerated bollocks

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

No idea why LJ hasn't tried a 4-3-3 or variant this season. Solid back 4 with our best two CBs, Baker and Kalas.

Nagy Smith

Weimann/Pato Palmer Eliasson

Wells

Something to do with that team being bad at defending corners or some overexaggerated bollocks

Yeah he likes to play Diedhiou as he defends corners. With that team we've only really got 2 players who's got some height at defending corners. We've definitely got the players to help Wells it's just getting a team to accommodate them 

25 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Or...

LJ just has no idea how to use him and signed him as yet another club in the bag, as always.

• Admin
1 hour ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Maybe if he had a manager that knew what the right system to play is, who to play in it, maybe we would actually be progressing. 

Surely even if LJ is blind to it one of his many minions presenting endless stats would see it 

8 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah he likes to play Diedhiou as he defends corners. With that team we've only really got 2 players who's got some height at defending corners. We've definitely got the players to help Wells it's just getting a team to accommodate them 

This is everything wrong with Johnson. He tries so hard to be a tactical magician and neutralise the other teams threats he is unable to put together a team to score or create down the other end.

We dont build a team to play attacking and creative football utilising our best players, we play to nullify the opposition and then hope for the best with goofball football down the other end. He buys golf attacking players and stocks them on hoping their natural ability will see us through while staying tight at the back.

It’s very frustrating because even last night you could see in flashes that he has quality and could be very dangerous.

If we bring in players of his standard.. we need to play a system that actually utilises his strengths and make chances for him.

Paterson seems to have fizzled out again after a good couple of games when he first came back, give Palmer a go.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s very frustrating because even last night you could see in flashes that he has quality and could be very dangerous.

If we bring in players of his standard.. we need to play a system that actually utilises his strengths and make chances for him.

Paterson seems to have fizzled out again after a good couple of games when he first came back, give Palmer a go.

Agreed - KP needs a run of games......we’ve got nothing to lose but I think he could strike up a very good partnership with Wells

9 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Those 3 would not see the ball as they all struggle to get involved at the best of times, and would give our defence absolutely zero cover. Also, dropping our best striker is utterly ridiculous.Long ball is the only option as our midfield is so weak.

It's early days and he's had little service but from what I've seen of him to date:

His movement is nothing to write home about and rates no better than the 'surplus to requirement' Taylor;

His first touch and hold up play are poor boarding on non-existant;

Other than his header all chances he's had (with his feet) have been snatched at high & wide.

Hopefully he's adapting to playing 'our identity'. Personally and given the lack of quality and attitude of the two who accompanied him in, I'm not so sure.....

Archived