IGNORED

Journalist Rumour LJ v players

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The ‘LJ has lost the dressing room’ story appears every time we lose a game. 
Nothing to see here - move along...........

I don’t give a shit if he’s lost the dressing room, it’s the tactics board he’s mislaid that’s worries me.

31 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

The ‘LJ has lost the dressing room’ story appears every time we lose a game. 
Nothing to see here - move along...........

Doesnt help himself consistently not taking the blame and naming individuals. 

Shirking any personal responsibility with every convenient excuse that each game seems to throws up. 

Something is not right at the club at the moment. Performances worse week on week, constant personnel and formation changes. 

It all adds up to the feeling that Johnson has run out of ideas of how to get the best from this group, and that the players seems to lack faith in his leadership 

6 hours ago, RedDave said:

Henriksen said LJ isn’t shy in telling players what he thinks....

7D5D00E4-DAC2-4C86-8EEE-99071C65632B.png

I’d be disappointed (and surprised) if there wasn’t arguments and fall outs tonight. Even as a one off, a performance like that would usually lead to an angry dressing room and I imagine a few people will have something to say.

in itself, that sort of thing probably isn’t unusual, but IF true this may have been bubbling for some time.

ive been in changing rooms with huge bust ups After a big defeat that get sorted pretty quickly once emotions calm down. 

I feel like laying into players on a regular basis is an old school approach which probably isn’t overly effective.

Professional footballers are going to know when they have had a bad game. It’s only going to knock their confidence highlighting it.

Perhaps this explains why we seem to often go on losing runs with the players confidence looking completely shot.

3 minutes ago, MATT BCFC said:

I feel like laying into players on a regular basis is an old school approach which probably isn’t overly effective.

Professional footballers are going to know when they have had a bad game. It’s only going to knock their confidence highlighting it.

Perhaps this explains why we seem to often go on losing runs with the players confidence looking completely shot.

The problem is that throwing players under the bus is something he does to distract from his own inadequacies. If there was just a touch of humility, ever, about him then there is maybe a time and a place for calling players out.

But last night he apologised, but didn’t accept any blame. Quite the opposite - the training had been incredible - so by implication he had done his job and the players had messed up.

Then he chucks Benkovic and Henriksen under the bus (and others in his pre match interview). He wanted to sign these players, he stuck Henriksen straight in despite the fact he hasn’t played for months. He had the courage of his convictions for 45 whole minutes before shifting back to 4-4-2. He played Rowe in central midfield and then later Paterson in a midfield 2. 

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’d be disappointed (and surprised) if there wasn’t arguments and fall outs tonight. Even as a one off, a performance like that would usually lead to an angry dressing room and I imagine a few people will have something to say.

in itself, that sort of thing probably isn’t unusual, but IF true this may have been bubbling for some time.

ive been in changing rooms with huge bust ups After a big defeat that get sorted pretty quickly once emotions calm down. 

exactly this. you always want to win and if they just got showered, changed and back on the Peter Carol I'd be very unhappy! 

Every changing room has big characters, maybe a good argument isn;t a bad thing sometimes. 

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Totally agree.

the performance was woe full and lacked any signs of want, desire or understanding of a game plan or system. So if there was not at least a frank exchange of views after the game it would be the sign of a weak manager and players. Ideas and thoughts need to be exchanged between management and players after that sort of performance to improve and sort it out. we are supposed to running in with the intention of making the play offs.

We all want the best for this club (fans, management and players) if any one does not that should **** off.

COYR

He certainly sounded very downbeat. I’ve not till now been too much of a Johnson out as I keep thinking be careful what you wish for as in the case of Ipswich. However I really think Lee has done as much as he can and it’s time to say thanks and goodbye and wish him well for the future. Would love to see an exit now similar to how Gary Johnson left but can’t see it happening. 

9 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Who was the previous City boss who openly came out with "I don't know what to do "  I'm thinking John Ward ?

And didn’t Benny admit he needed help and asked for it, much the same thing.

6 minutes ago, citymum said:

He certainly sounded very downbeat. I’ve not till now been too much of a Johnson out as I keep thinking be careful what you wish for as in the case of Ipswich. However I really think Lee has done as much as he can and it’s time to say thanks and goodbye and wish him well for the future. Would love to see an exit now similar to how Gary Johnson left but can’t see it happening. 

I think I am right in saying that Ipswich declined because their wealthy owner decided to keep his wealth for himself and not the club, while they had a very capable, experienced and previously successful manager/hc, whom they then decided to sack.

Whereas we have Lee learning his trade and seeking his first promotion and a wealthy owner using his wealth to propel the club forward on and off the pitch.

I think we can cope without Lee; not so sure about us minus Steve (or his largesse at least)

21 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Who was the previous City boss who openly came out with "I don't know what to do "  I'm thinking John Ward ?

Saddest of all Slarti was Forest Away when the most amiable Jimmy Lumsden sat all on his lonesome and post match admitted: "I've taken these players as far as I can...."

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

I think I am right in saying that Ipswich declined because their wealthy owner decided to keep his wealth for himself and not the club, while they had a very capable, experienced and previously successful manager/hc, whom they then decided to sack.

Whereas we have Lee learning his trade and seeking his first promotion and a wealthy owner using his wealth to propel the club forward on and off the pitch.

I think we can cope without Lee; not so sure about us minus Steve (or his largesse at least)

I’m sure you’re right. I don’t know much about the background at Ipswich I was referring to the fans wanting McCarthy sacked and didn’t realise the lack of financial support Definitely agree about Steve Lansdown. We’re lucky to have him. 

Archived