IGNORED

Journalist Rumour LJ v players

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, bristolcitysweden said:

SL should not call himself "Advisor". What does he know about football? And Mark Ashton. The ultimate joke. Why is he trusted by the "Advisor" who don't got a clue? Yes it's SL:s toy. I don't care. All muppett factory.

The the living f are you talking about?

when has lansdown ever described himself as an advisor other then in the investment area?

and you do know that Ashton came here after successful stints at both oxford and watford

he has a lot more football experience in the board room then you

59 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We had a king during the 14th century, Gustav Eriksson Vasa, who only employed people with documented luck. He would never have employed Lee Johnson or Mark Ashton. 

Lee Johnson is the luckiest manager in football so if the king was looking for a manager he'd go straight for him. 

20 hours ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sounds like bullshit to me. If that tweet were to be believed, Johnson had a row with the players, came under pressure from the board, and the news filtered through to journalists, all within the space of 90 minutes. 

Indeed - it’s all made up bollocks probably from a gashead.

3 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

SL should not call himself "Advisor". What does he know about football? And Mark Ashton. The ultimate joke. Why is he trusted by the "Advisor" who don't got a clue? Yes it's SL:s toy. I don't care. All muppett factory.

A Muppet Factory. Quote of the year! 

Not sure I agree with who your aiming it at, but training certainly seems to be churning them out. 

Apparently we trained well on Monday! 

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Who was the previous City boss who openly came out with "I don't know what to do "  I'm thinking John Ward ?

Didn’t LJ say pretty much the same after the infamous 5-0 battering at PNE? I remember him spouting some guff about “I now know which players I can trust” and “I don’t know what more I can do, it’s back to the drawing board” ...

25 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Think there was some confusion Andy

There arnt two new signings from the Chinese Super League , just a 15 yr old youngster from Beijing , for the academy  

Young Ying Yang

I remember Man Yoo had a young player from the same region ... I’m sure I heard Fergie waxing lyrical about Yung Lee Sharpe...

2 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

We had a king during the 14th century, Gustav Eriksson Vasa, who only employed people with documented luck. He would never have employed Lee Johnson or Mark Ashton. 

hi Tommy,  ive run out of likes today but please don't stop. first smiles ive had on here since Monday night??

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

%100

Ward went to board and pointed out that he had no Championship experience and wanted Harford to come in with him

The board (Wrongly IMHO) saw that as a big warning sign and instead replaced him

Massive mistake wasn’t it? Ward was treated with no respect and ultimately Benny’s appointment guaranteed relegation. 

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ward was decent , and a really nice fella too

He was too honest & didn’t deserve how he was treated 

He was, met him when he was manager at Carlisle, in a Windsor Hotel....I was visiting Legoland!

Had a nice little chat, told him I was a City fan, and that he should be proud that as an ex-Rovers boss he was respected by us.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He was, met him when he was manager at Carlisle, in a Windsor Hotel....I was visiting Legoland!

Had a nice little chat, told him I was a City fan, and that he should be proud that as an ex-Rovers boss he was respected by us.

He had time for everyone Dave , a real gentleman 

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Thinking back it’s the only time I’ve stopped watching. Admittedly I didn’t last all that long but after the job he did getting us promoted John Ward deserves better. Ray Harford had so much football experience and would have been the hard man to Ward’s nice guy. Oh well...

10 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I met him in 98 while doing work experience at the Avon Gorge Hotel. The team were there one day having their squad photos done out on the terrace. Managed to speak to him after building up the courage to as he was leaving. Was in no rush to leave and happy to talk, really nice guy like you said. Managed to shake hands with some players like Goodridge, Akinbiyi. Also shared a lift a couple of times with Soren Andersen who was staying there after he signed. Don't think many in my school enjoyed their work experience as much as I did! 

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Wasn’t his wife terminally, or at least seriously ill (And the main reason he left the Gas ?)

Hed be a good bloke to have back at the Club at the Academy , or U23 Head Coach for example 

That does ring a bell, or was ghat John Gorman.... or both?

Agree, would be a good present but I’ve just googled, he’s 68 so maybe, hopefully, enjoying retirement! 

Archived