IGNORED

80 points

MattWSM

This post just reinforces to me the degree to which we’ve thrown it away once again this season.  With the amount of inconsistency in this league a slightly above average home form would have seen us safely anchored in the playoffs chasing down the top two.  We are an average team in a really average league and playoffs are here for the taking this year.  It’s frustrating that we’ve not come up with a settled team or formation that works at home.  I should be use to it by now but it’s still so disappointing and such a wasted opportunity.

On 26/02/2020 at 10:16, tunnie12345 said:

The way were playing would you want us to get promoted? Lansdown has already stated he won't spend big in the prem.. Could be a real chance of beating derby's points record! 

If we manage to get promoted this year, then arguably the way we're playing now is irrelevant as we'd have clearly turned it around to secure promotion!

57 minutes ago, Super said:

Poor form, Tough looking games. We might beat Hull though.

Any block of 11 games looks tough in this league. As for form...well as stated our form over 35 games has a max time between victories of 4 games. In other words we need to be approx 300% worse than we’ve been all season for that to happen. 

We’ve about as much chance of going 11 without a win as winning 11 and going up automatically. Neither will happen. 

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Any block of 11 games looks tough in this league. As for form...well as stated our form over 35 games has a max time between victories of 4 games. In other words we need to be approx 300% worse than we’ve been all season for that to happen. 

We’ve about as much chance of going 11 without a win as winning 11 and going up automatically. Neither will happen. 

I barely recognise the Bristol City of the first part of the season. Our team in August featured Afobe, Moore, Palmer, Pereira, Brownhill, Massengo and Rowe at left back. It felt like the whole blueprint was different too.

August to end of November we only lost 3 games.

December to now we have lost 9 games.

So our form over 35 games seems irrelevant. Over 10 games, we've won 5 lost 5, which could give you either hope or concern!

What I will add though is that if we lose away to Millwall we will have 10 defeats in 16 games, with 6 top half teams coming next...

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

I barely recognise the Bristol City of the first part of the season. Our team in August featured Afobe, Moore, Palmer, Pereira, Brownhill, Massengo and Rowe at left back. It felt like the whole blueprint was different too.

August to end of November we only lost 3 games.

December to now we have lost 9 games.

So our form over 35 games seems irrelevant. Over 10 games, we've won 5 lost 5, which could give you either hope or concern!

What I will add though is that if we lose away to Millwall we will have 10 defeats in 16 games, with 6 top half teams coming next...

A fair point. But still absolutely no logical defence of an argument suggesting we will not win in 11 games. It would be completely atypical of the championship. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

A fair point. But still absolutely no logical defence of an argument suggesting we will not win in 11 games. It would be completely atypical of the championship. 

Hull are on a shocking run and haven't won in 9 now. Sheff W as well were on a bad run until last night, and LJ does have form for going on Losing or winning runs.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

No, and I was probably picking at the wrong part of your post, but you just got me thinking.

If I let my imagination run wild, I could foresee us not winning any of the next 5 games, then when the play offs are virtually out of reach, and that pressure gone, we then beat Cardiff, Hull, Boro and Stoke in a too-little-too-late run of wins that sees us where we ended last season.

2 minutes ago, Super said:

Hull are on a shocking run and haven't won in 9 now. Sheff W as well were on a bad run until last night, and LJ does have form for going on Losing or winning runs.

So one team in 24 are on a horrendous run and it’s still not as bad as what you’ve said we could ‘easily’ do. There’s just no logical basis for that conclusion at all other than the normal over the top hyperbole of this forum. That’s the trouble with modern football fans, there’s no middle ground anymore. Lose a few and you’re the worst side in history and will never win again, win a couple and everything’s amazing and world domination is just a formality. 

Not a dig at you personally but it’s always one extreme or the other, everything’s so reactionary to the usual ups and downs of following anything but the most successful of teams. 

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So one team in 24 are on a horrendous run and it’s still not as bad as what you’ve said we could ‘easily’ do. There’s just no logical basis for that conclusion at all other than the normal over the top hyperbole of this forum. That’s the trouble with modern football fans, there’s no middle ground anymore. Lose a few and you’re the worst side in history and will never win again, win a couple and everything’s amazing and world domination is just a formality. 

Not a dig at you personally but it’s always one extreme or the other, everything’s so reactionary to the usual ups and downs of following anything but the most successful of teams. 

I'm just saying it could happen put it this way if we play like we did the other night in the next 11 it will happen!

On 26/02/2020 at 10:16, tunnie12345 said:

The way were playing would you want us to get promoted? Lansdown has already stated he won't spend big in the prem.. Could be a real chance of beating derby's points record! 

Even if we were to go up and get sent straight back down with our pants around our ankles the parachute payments and exposure would be a huge help in future seasons to come. 

Irrelevant as all the evidence points towards us not going up this season. But even if we do go up and get spanked every week there are obvious benefits. 

On 27/02/2020 at 09:47, mozo said:

Can we beat last seasons total of 70? I'm not currently confident of that.

The weird thing is M, during Johnson Senior's play-off season we finished 4th with 74 points. Watford sealed 6th spot with 70 and Leicester City filled the final relegation place with 52.

Archived