IGNORED

Fulham, LJ's Waterloo

Abraham Romanovich

What always surprises me is the anger and hostility shown on OTIB is never a reflection of matchday crowds .

Should we suffer a reverse at Millwall the Fulham match becomes huge.

Full house , celebrating 125 years and up against a footballing side containing  2 returning fans favourites.

Another turgid 90 minutes or being comprehensively outplayed may well see the fans turn on LJ, uncomfortable viewing for the board.

Support the team not the manager

8 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

What always surprises me is the anger and hostility shown on OTIB is never a reflection of matchday crowds .

Full house , celebrating 125 years and up against a footballing side containing  2 returning fans favourites.

Another turgid 90 minutes or being comprehensively outplayed may well see the fans turn on LJ, uncomfortable viewing for the board.

And all played out infront of the TV cameras.

As I’ve written elsewhere, the club will not want a toxic match...

14 minutes ago, RedM said:

And all played out infront of the TV cameras.

As I’ve written elsewhere, the club will not want a toxic match...

And in those Cut 'n Shut shirts. If we lose to Millwall I fear a hammering against Fulham if LJ is still here. Based on last night's performance expect 2 gutless surrenders from a team of strangers. 

48 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I don't follow? At home The Wall pulled our pants down and gave us a right spanking. Surely a 'reverse' would relieve the pressure from the next home fixture?

I fear, however, you're correct in the pressure will amplify post Saturday and another case of BOHICA....

• Admin
1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Here we go again, another person assuming that these views are solely on OTIB

People ARE supporting the team still at the moment, hence why the atmosphere hasn't gotten that bad in the ground yet

But you only have to look around and see the increasing empty seats at the game and when those do go they are leaving earlier and earlier than before

I noticed a question in the SLO section and perhaps you could help, WHY are we celebrating the Fulham match anyway - nobody has ever said why this game or date was chosen!

As for a side containing two returning fans favourites - really WHO CARES? They are Fulham employees and won't give a hoot about us, I never get this love in with ex players returning

I too am puzzled about why we suddenly have an anniversary two thirds into the season? I’m sure it was only weeks ago we heard of this. Many other clubs have a season celebrating an anniversary, but probably a 100 year not a 125th one.

I am guessing Fulham might be the first team we played and we just lumped it on this date due to when the fixture was generated this season?

As for returning players, yup they are part of our history but we got more important things concerning us rather than ex players playing for the opposition right now I would agree. Strange though how many returning players seem to up their game against us and when you get DEFENDERS  like Ayling scoring, and STRIKERS like Wells failing to do so against a former club you got to wonder if we are jinxed.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

The "boos" and the "cheers" - the anger and the passion; the volatility - have been smoothed, engineered, cajoled out of the new, modernised AG. I think those responsible can live happily without either.

24 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like to point out that whatever Abba say, Napoleon didn't surrender at Waterloo. He surrendered about a month later.

In Lee's case, the surrender to a "leave by mutual consent" will be in the close season - unless things improve.

Can we last out that long, hopefully if it has to happen it will happily coincide with Moysie’s sacking at WHam. #JobDone #ShouldHaveHappenedYearsAgo :pray:

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

You obviously were not at the gate on the 2 recent occasions when the stands were half empty long before the final whistle! Including the singing section!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

I am guessing Fulham might be the first team we played and we just lumped it on this date due to when the fixture was generated this season?

Maybe. Records online seem hazy about anything before 1901. The first fixture I can see with confidence is a 2-0 win at Blackpool on 7 September 1901. 

Personally I am trying to get excited for this game. It'll be my first live game home or away in over a year. I'm excited it's a special occasion but also fear a pummeling at home, live on Sky, wearing anniversary tea-towels, and in the company of my mate who supports Wolves and will be insufferably smug. Plus I'm sitting in Dolman A.

I thought Johnson’s post match interview last night revealed a beaten man who has run out of ideas and excuses.

I thought ages ago he will be gone by the summer, but the Fulham game could be his last as things are going very toxic now. All on the TV also. As several stated on here, as a coach you can not change the makeup of the team every game and not expect confusion to reign through the side. Looking ahead to the Millwall game, every player will not have a “scooby doo” what formation is going to be next. Will I play? What position? Etc. It is nuts.

Like rabbits in the headlights last night v Huddersfield. It was plain to see. 

2 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I whinge and whine about LJ here but fully support the team on matchday. 

Maybe that will go some way to explaining why Otib and matchday can be different yet, ultimately, share the same sentiment. 

17 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Maybe. Records online seem hazy about anything before 1901. The first fixture I can see with confidence is a 2-0 win at Blackpool on 7 September 1901. 

I Believe the match you refer to above was our First Game in the Football league.

1894 is seen as the birth of the clubs (Bristol South End and Bedminster) which became Bristol City.

1 hour ago, The Original OTIB said:

After Forest away, International Break: The Sword of Damocles for our Head Coach. 3 games before that.

Well, all i can say is that Lee Johnson will require the quality and deliverance of Cicero's oratory in order to work a motivational masterpiece on his players before the next game...

and the game after that and the game after that too. In fact until the very end of the season because if he does not improve on 8th then Steve needs to be a man of his word;

and....

have a little word with Johnson Jnr. ?

3 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Well, all i can say is that Lee Johnson will require the quality and deliverance of Cicero's oratory in order to work a motivational masterpiece on his players before the next game...

Maybe this speech?

"When do you mean to cease abusing our patience? How long is that madness of yours still to mock us? When is there to be an end of that unbridled audacity of yours, swaggering about as it does now?"

That's either Cicero, or @Andy082005

The style is very similar.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like to point out that whatever Abba say, Napoleon didn't surrender at Waterloo. He surrendered about a month later.

In Lee's case, the surrender to a "leave by mutual consent" will be in the close season - unless things improve.

Forget Abba, RR, will City be Bjorn again?

1 hour ago, BBlockExile said:

I Believe the match you refer to above was our First Game in the Football league.

1894 is seen as the birth of the clubs (Bristol South End and Bedminster) which became Bristol City.

Yes, I agree. Sorry I wasn't trying to say that the Blackpool game was our first ever football match, nor that 1901 is when we formed.

We must have played matches 1894 - 1901 but perhaps they went unreported as they were non-league games? Suspect that checking Bristol City's first ever game would require an inspection of newspapers at the library up on College Green...maybe a retirement project for someone?

2 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

I thought Johnson’s post match interview last night revealed a beaten man who has run out of ideas and excuses.

I thought ages ago he will be gone by the summer, but the Fulham game could be his last as things are going very toxic now. All on the TV also. As several stated on here, as a coach you can not change the makeup of the team every game and not expect confusion to reign through the side. Looking ahead to the Millwall game, every player will not have a “scooby doo” what formation is going to be next. Will I play? What position? Etc. It is nuts.

Like rabbits in the headlights last night v Huddersfield. It was plain to see. 

Expecting a huge police presence at Millwall to look out for a reported case of serious bullying in midfield

Archived