IGNORED

Leave it to the professionals

Bob Thompson

First of all commiserations to all the Bristol City staff ,players and coaches who have to go to work today.

We, like all true fans are hurting as well.

Please ignore all the crude undignified slanderous comments you receive on social media.

we  all have opinions usually without knowing the full facts, but we are entitled to them.

Hold your heads up high. You were chosen because of your skills . Form is temporary. So now Work Hard.

We are BRISTOL CITY ! We always believe!

4 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

First of all commiserations to all the Bristol City staff ,players and coaches who have to go to work today.

Please ignore all the crude undignified slanderous comments you receive on social media.

we  all have opinions usually without knowing the full facts, but we are entitled to them.

Hold your heads up high. You were chosen because of your skills . Form is temporary. So now Work Hard.

Ah but you're forgetting that ownership of an OTIB account equals professional in all matters discussed ?

7 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

How about commiserations to the 300 supporters who braved the weather , the hundreds of miles on the motorway and spending their  hard earned money on that shit shower last night and it’s not the first time . 

17 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

What are the full facts, Reverend Bob?

9 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

How about commiserations to the 300 supporters who braved the weather , the hundreds of miles on the motorway and spending their  hard earned money on that shit shower last night and it’s not the first time . 

There's people that will happily spend good money for that type of "exotic" experience, but doubt that they would want it spoiled by a game of football! :shocking: 

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

There's people that will happily spend good money for that type of "exotic" experience, but doubt that they would want it spoiled by a game of football! :shocking: 

Not forgetting Paraphilic Infantalism or as WeeLee calls it, 'game management'.

31 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Umm...No they weren't were they.

51 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

Wow!!!!!!

42 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

What are the full facts, Reverend Bob?

I don’t know the players and I don’t know the coaches. Usually you only find out the truth months later. I see players lacking in confidence, not match fit and not taking responsibility. If this is the case then I’m sure LJ will sort it. He knows what happens if he fails.

i only go to the occasional away match now , but you go with hope more than confidence. Commiserations indeed to the fans who went to Huddersfield, long awful journey I hope it doesn’t put them off of future trips.

1 hour ago, Bob Thompson said:

What do you suggest then? People say nothing? It's a natural reaction that the team will get criticised on the forum and on social media.

• Admin

Hi @Bob Thompson good afternoon to you

Could you clarify what slanderous comments have been made?

What "full facts" don't we know?

49 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

I don’t know the players and I don’t know the coaches. Usually you only find out the truth months later. I see players lacking in confidence, not match fit and not taking responsibility. If this is the case then I’m sure LJ will sort it. He knows what happens if he fails.

i only go to the occasional away match now , but you go with hope more than confidence. Commiserations indeed to the fans who went to Huddersfield, long awful journey I hope it doesn’t put them off of future trips.

You opened by offering commiserations to the Bristol City staff, including the players, yet you now offer the same to the fans who went away, some of whom it appears were guilty of making "slanderous" remarks against the regime.

Us plebs are not in possession of the full facts, yet you appear sufficiently itk to state the players lacked confidence and not match fit.

Most peculiar Bob.

51 minutes ago, phantom said:

He doesn’t know as displayed below 

The thought process behind this comment was my favourite 

‘I see players lacking in confidence, not match fit and not taking responsibility. If this is the case then I’m sure LJ will sort it. ‘

1 hour ago, AppyDAZE said:

Last night's was unacceptable. Not unacceptable but never mind, unacceptable . People on OTIB are totally entitled to have their say on the matter, and you my friend @Bob Thompsonare no better than anybody else who dares to state an opinion So don't act like you're any better. 

2 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

This place gets more bizarre by the day.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The language which is used on social media sometimes is extremely personal we all have our opinions regarding the team and manager. I get angry when comments about individuals from all walks of life become abusively personal.

4 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

Is this something to do with the Red Arrows thingy?

3 hours ago, phantom said:

The language which is used on social media sometimes is extremely personal we all have our opinions regarding the team and manager. I get angry when comments about individuals from all walks of life become abusively personal.

So, to summarise, you have no examples of any ‘slanderous’ comments and you have no knowledge of the ‘full facts’ to which you referred in your OP. 

Yet you started this thread as though you represented the fan base and wished to apologise to the players and management on behalf of all of us for comments which don’t exist .... strange ...

5 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

This is the most confusing OTIB post since that thread from Hampshire Red(s) about Lez. 

I almost feel like I’ve missed 2 weeks of my favourite soap through being on holiday. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, to summarise, you have no examples of any ‘slanderous’ comments and you have no knowledge of the ‘full facts’ to which you referred in your OP. 

Yet you started this thread as though you represented the fan base and wished to apologise to the players and management on behalf of all of us for comments which don’t exist .... strange ...

We don’t know what goes on in the dressing room.

facebook Twitter  etc are full of comments especially from people who wish to remain anonymous. People from all walks of life are complaining of the personal abuse they receive.

i stated that I commiserated with everyone having to face up that defeat.

i don’t represent any fan base and I certainly don’t agree with the vitriol that they sometimes receive.

as stated I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and it’s strange that you appear to take umbrage at that.

6 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

I stated that I commiserated with everyone having to face up that defeat.

You specifically stated 'players and coaches'. Why would anybody have sympathy for them when the debacles of the past month have been entirely of their own making? I for one feel no sympathy for a player unable to pass the ball to a teammate; for a player who enters the arena with his head in his chest and over 90 minutes looks for somewhere to hide; for a player unable to demonstrate they're capable of discharging the basic elements of the game. Similarly, I hold no sympathy for the coach and his cronies who've assembled this seemingly talentless and demotivated rabble. Who, other than to operate the team selection tombola, appear not to have worked on any strategy to combat the opposition, who appear not to have coached players to exploit dead-ball situations, who appear not to be able to inspire and drive the collective toward a common goal. I certainly have sod all sympathy for a coach who appears never to accept one iota of responsibility for his signal failings and limitations, rather through thinly veiled insinuation snipes at and often direct points the finger of blame at, those under his charge.

Also, being told you're crap at the public, high-profile role you've accepted when one has amply demonstrated one is unable to perform to the standards normally accepted of that role isn't personal abuse, it's fact. 

You stated those with whom you sympathise were 'chosen because of your skills '. Perchance for some skills they do not possess, whilst those deciding to the contrary are signally ill-qualified to undertake such judgement. 

7 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

We don’t know what goes on in the dressing room.

facebook Twitter  etc are full of comments especially from people who wish to remain anonymous. People from all walks of life are complaining of the personal abuse they receive.

i stated that I commiserated with everyone having to face up that defeat.

i don’t represent any fan base and I certainly don’t agree with the vitriol that they sometimes receive.

as stated I do agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion and it’s strange that you appear to take umbrage at that.

You didn’t say you ‘commiserated with everyone’ - read your OP again. And I wasn’t talking about ‘personal abuse’  - I said you’ve yet to produce any evidence of the ‘slanderous comments’ to which you referred in your OP and you pretty much ‘apologised’ to the players and coaches who had allegedly received them ...

Archived