IGNORED

Leave it to the professionals

Bob Thompson

On 26/02/2020 at 15:28, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, to summarise, you have no examples of any ‘slanderous’ comments and you have no knowledge of the ‘full facts’ to which you referred in your OP. 

Yet you started this thread as though you represented the fan base and wished to apologise to the players and management on behalf of all of us for comments which don’t exist .... strange ...

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You didn’t say you ‘commiserated with everyone’ - read your OP again. And I wasn’t talking about ‘personal abuse’  - I said you’ve yet to produce any evidence of the ‘slanderous comments’ to which you referred in your OP and you pretty much ‘apologised’ to the players and coaches who had allegedly received them ...

I am sometimes ashamed of the personal abuse directed at LJ (whom I have never met )on Facebook twitter etc. ()As a fan and I do not represent any other fan, I wish everyone connected with the club and all of there supporters the best of luck. I believe many of us ,as fans believe that all involved are doing their best to turn their bad form around. If I thought otherwise I would not have spent 66 years wasting my time supporting them. I’m confident that anyone who felt the players were incompetent wouldthink the same. Undermining them too much (albeit we have our opinions)  does not assist, if in fact they follow OTIB. I perhaps wrongly assumed that the people on OTIB were hurting after that defeat and wished for a quick return to form. Football is a game of opinions , but I do not apologise for trying to do my best through this media to continue to continue to support BRISTOL City even though as others , I sometimes criticise their actions.

42 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

I am sometimes ashamed of the personal abuse directed at LJ (whom I have never met )on Facebook twitter etc. ()As a fan and I do not represent any other fan, I wish everyone connected with the club and all of there supporters the best of luck. I believe many of us ,as fans believe that all involved are doing their best to turn their bad form around. If I thought otherwise I would not have spent 66 years wasting my time supporting them. I’m confident that anyone who felt the players were incompetent wouldthink the same. Undermining them too much (albeit we have our opinions)  does not assist, if in fact they follow OTIB. I perhaps wrongly assumed that the people on OTIB were hurting after that defeat and wished for a quick return to form. Football is a game of opinions , but I do not apologise for trying to do my best through this media to continue to continue to support BRISTOL City even though as others , I sometimes criticise their actions.

I totally get your emotional reply and the way you are feeling ... but my two posts, that you quoted, simply asked for evidence of the ‘slanderous’ comments that you mentioned when starting this thread ... and once again, you’ve provided nothing ...

31 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I totally get your emotional reply and the way you are feeling ... but my two posts, that you quoted, simply asked for evidence of the ‘slanderous’ comments that you mentioned when starting this thread ... and once again, you’ve provided nothing ...

It’s very difficult for me, to provide a back track of Facebook and Twitter comments. I do however stick to my belief that comments to many sports people and others in the public eye are submitted to insulting and slanderous comments. Normally by people using pseudonyms. I have sports and political views which by the sound of it appears to be In the minority but I  hope I don’t stoop as low as personal insults. I know it is emotional and naive but I do have  a special regard for all at BRISTOL City and those who genuinely support them.

5 minutes ago, Bob Thompson said:

It’s very difficult for me, to provide a back track of Facebook and Twitter comments. I do however stick to my belief that comments to many sports people and others in the public eye are submitted to insulting and slanderous comments. Normally by people using pseudonyms. I have sports and political views which by the sound of it appears to be In the minority but I  hope I don’t stoop as low as personal insults. I know it is emotional and naive but I do have  a special regard for all at BRISTOL City and those who genuinely support them.

The team and management ain’t going to go for a meal at Pizza Express with you, no matter how hard you try.

*Polite version*

On 26/02/2020 at 10:31, Bob Thompson said:

First of all commiserations to all the Bristol City staff ,players and coaches who have to go to work today.

We, like all true fans are hurting as well.

Please ignore all the crude undignified slanderous comments you receive on social media.

we  all have opinions usually without knowing the full facts, but we are entitled to them.

Hold your heads up high. You were chosen because of your skills . Form is temporary. So now Work Hard.

We are BRISTOL CITY ! We always believe!

The facts are; our pro staff/coaches has just signed an exp spine of the squad, no doubt after much consideration and time spent searching to find perfect additions. Slight problem is they dont know how to use them/play them so that they fit into any team selection, in fact they should have saved SL`s money as its made us worse now.

I dont go with the we have a much better squad now either imo we have sold/loaned out many much better than we have now, Smith and Bents would prob be the only 2 from current squad who would make the best team of LJ`s reign

6 hours ago, Bob Thompson said:

No one is forced to go on Facebook or twitter. If they don’t like the comments then they can simply shut down their account. Why would you have sympathy for someone being slandered on these platforms. Their choice to stay on. I guess it’s an ego thing where they love the good comments but cry at the bad. Tough !!

29 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

No one is forced to go on Facebook or twitter. If they don’t like the comments then they can simply shut down their account. Why would you have sympathy for someone being slandered on these platforms. Their choice to stay on. I guess it’s an ego thing where they love the good comments but cry at the bad. Tough !!

Bristol City FC isn’t a personal account. 

13 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

"WeeLee". Comedy genius.  You do realise what an absolute belter you sound by saying stuff like that, right?  What are you, 10?  

He's also suggested during this thread that Lee Johnson enjoys the activity of dressing up as an adult baby - which is even more bizarre (see his comment regarding infantilism)!

9 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

"WeeLee". Comedy genius.  You do realise what an absolute belter you sound by saying stuff like that, right?  What are you, 10?  

Sadly not.

For many who watch around me and so as to distinguish him from his father when they were here together Lee Johnson was delivered the epithet 'WeeLee' (I can't even recall who coined the term.) The term wasn't derived for comic effect for had it been so more likely it would have referenced his backward and sideways playing style, his ineffectiveness as a midfielder and his perennially chasing opposition shadows. Doubtless, if he'd been called  'Johnson Junior' or 'Johnson the Minor' you'd suggest it implied he was a little pr*ck? Is the problem the use of 'Wee' as per the Scottish diminutive and perhaps in reference to his little man complex or do you think it implies him to be p*ss poor? Doubtless you'll also be able to provide 'woke law' on when it's acceptable to, and in what form, use epithets for players, because as we know save in the case of Johnson that's never occured. And please don't trot out that players should be called by their full names as I don't see many complaining of the name given to Football's greatest ever player, an epithet derived from his own slight speech impediment.

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Except, of course, I didn't.

Come on, you did, the implication is undeniable - granted I had to Google the term as I have never come across it previously!

And as for your verbose explanation of your nick name for Lee, on here it does sound like a petulant insult in respect to the man's height; it only helps to differentiate from his father, if indeed his father's name was also Lee Johnson.

On 26/02/2020 at 15:34, Fordy62 said:

This is the most confusing OTIB post since that thread from Hampshire Red(s) about Lez. 

I almost feel like I’ve missed 2 weeks of my favourite soap through being on holiday. 

Like most soaps you'll catch up after 48 hours

How sad that a comment of support for the people we all (presumably) want to do well and succeed has been met with such derision and ridicule.

I truly despair at the state of society. The nastiness in this thread is honestly gut-wrenching. 

And I know I'm guilty of it in response to Negativity but I just don't get why positivity should be met this way. 

46 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Come on, you did, the implication is undeniable - granted I had to Google the term as I have never come across it previously!

And as for your verbose explanation of your nick name for Lee, on here it does sound like a petulant insult in respect to the man's height; it only helps to differentiate from his father, if indeed his father's name was also Lee Johnson.

Save I didn't (you really should get out of the habit of presuming what others think or imply and stick to what's written.)

In response to downendcity's humerous post and in light of the utter garbage of excuse Johnson's come out with this season, ) I inferred that for those who choose not to take personal control of their bodily functions, who prefer to use artificial contrivance to save themselves from public embarrassment and who are wholly reliant on others cleaning up the voluminous s*it they trail in their wake, well in Johnsonian that would translate as 'game management'. I suggest as such given where he's used that term and attempted to employ that tactic this season we've invariably abdicated control,  ending up on our asses watching the world turn to sh*t and in the process stinking the place out.

Not once did I suggest Johnson himself indulges in Paraphilic Infantalism, should he do so in the privacy of his own space that's a matter for him, not I. Freudians on the other hand would have a field day analysing why you think I did.

In respect of the Scottish diminutive you should note I've many other terms I could deploy were I to wish to reference Johnson's stature all of which would be more hurtful, all of which are technically, if not publicly, appropriate.

39 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Save I didn't (you really should get out of the habit of presuming what others think or imply and stick to what's written.)

In response to downendcity's humerous post and in light of the utter garbage of excuse Johnson's come out with this season, ) I inferred that for those who choose not to take personal control of their bodily functions, who prefer to use artificial contrivance to save themselves from public embarrassment and who are wholly reliant on others cleaning up the voluminous s*it they trail in their wake, well in Johnsonian that would translate as 'game management'. I suggest as such given where he's used that term and attempted to employ that tactic this season we've invariably abdicated control,  ending up on our asses watching the world turn to sh*t and in the process stinking the place out.

Not once did I suggest Johnson himself indulges in Paraphilic Infantalism, should he do so in the privacy of his own space that's a matter for him, not I. Freudians on the other hand would have a field day analysing why you think I did.

In respect of the Scottish diminutive you should note I've many other terms I could deploy were I to wish to reference Johnson's stature all of which would be more hurtful, all of which are technically, if not publicly, appropriate.

You don't half write some drivel...... 

Archived