IGNORED

What team for Saturday?

LondonBristolian

Not feeling hopeful but it is a new game and we have to try and win.

For me, it is back to what was working a few weeks ago - excepting Smith’s injury. It is a game I would love Marley Watkins for but he is not fit so in lieu of that...

Bentley

Hunt

Williams

Baker

JD

Nagy

Massengo

Eliasson

Paterson

Weimann

Diedhiou

Certainly not pretending that line up makes me confident of a result but I am struggling to see an option I prefer...

I've posted this quite a lot recently but yet again we go into a game with absolutely no idea what team is gonna start.

Presumably after an "as bad as it gets" performance the pack will get shuffled once more and the likes of Palmer and Massengo will be back in the fold?

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

I've posted this quite a lot recently but yet again we go into a game with absolutely no idea what team is gonna start.

Presumably after an "as bad as it gets" performance the pack will get shuffled once more and the likes of Palmer and Massengo will be back in the fold?

You're right because we currently have players who are too scared to receive a pass, tackle with any conviction, unable to pass the ball to a teammate or show any passion whatsoever. In short, an omnishambles.

**** knows, everyone is so poor at the moment. I struggle to name a team myself. Every team I consider posting seems to have flaws.

I'd be surprised if anyone disagrees with any of these points based on what we've seen this season. 

1. Hunt needs to be rested
  2. Dasilva should start
  3. Diedhiou and Palmer can't play together. 

So other than Dasilva and the likely replacement for Hunt being Pereira who else should start?

I'd personally go Bentley over Maenpaa so that's 3 of my 11 picked. 

We've kept 10 clean sheets this season.

Williams (28 games) has started in 9 - 32%

Baker (25 games) has started in of 8 - 32%

Kalas (14 games) has started in 3 - 21%

I'd go with Williams & Baker to complete the back line so that's now 5 of my 11. 

The next 6 is where things get tricky!

Who plays on the wings? If we even go with wingers.

Do you bring Watkins back in to add a bit of physicality and work rate. I think he's done well this season whenever he's played. Eliasson is out of form, is this down to Paterson returning and him being stuck out on the right most games? Both O'Dowda and Paterson look good on the ball, but end product is lacking, Paterson is a bit better in that regard though!

Central midfield, Is Smith fit? Nagy or Massengo, Nagy and Massengo - Who knows!?

Henriksen hasn't played since November, first game did well, the two after were bloody tough but last night he looked tired. Time for a rest?

Diedhiou was in great form before these past two games, we miss him a lot - especially defensively when he doesn't, but is it time to give Wells/Palmer partnership a chance? 

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not feeling hopeful but it is a new game and we have to try and win.

For me, it is back to what was working a few weeks ago - excepting Smith’s injury. It is a game I would love Marley Watkins for but he is not fit so in lieu of that...

Bentley

Hunt

Williams

Baker

JD

Nagy

Massengo

Eliasson

Paterson

Weimann

Diedhiou

Certainly not pretending that line up makes me confident of a result but I am struggling to see an option I prefer...

Is that you Lee? 

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Is that you Lee? 

Oh come on! Admit it! It is you, isn’t it, Lee? But surely even if you’re struggling, you know that this is not the place to come for a consensus. Perhaps you should ring your mate Pep.......

Oh sh!t! I’d forgotten, he’s struggling too.

Look don’t worry! Another four transfer windows and then you’ll be sure to know your first XI.

Henriksen if Smith injured (realise I’ve started from the wrong end!)

Wells Patterson(Weimann)

Palmer
      Nagy                   Smith
                  Massengo

Dasilva  Baker  Kalas  Hunt

Bentley

OR

Wells    Weimann

Dasilva Nagy Smith Patterson

Rowe   Baker   Kalas   Hunt
                      (Williams)

Bentley

3 hours ago, Roe said:

Don't worry LJ has a 1975 copy of Roy of the Rovers to consult when he need inspiration.

I'd go for a very rarely used 1-2-3-4 formation. 

It probably depends on who comes out of the tombola, and then we'll try a formation to fit those players in.

Seriously though, I don't think anybody knows who will be playing, and I think that is the biggest problem. Our head coach doesn't know his best team or formation still. People come in, then disappear for weeks/months on end, and are then recalled. With that in mind, expect to see Pereira, Watkins, Williams and O'Dowda back in the first team 11.

I would hope to see this (if smith injured)

Bentley

Pereira. Kalas. Baker. Dasilva.  
      Massengo Nagy Palmer

Elliason.    Wells.   Paterson 

expect to see 

Bentley

Hunt. Williams. Baker. Dasilva

Elliason.  Nagy. Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells.  Diedhiou 

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would hope to see this (if smith injured)

Bentley

Pereira. Kalas. Baker. Dasilva.  
      Massengo Nagy Palmer

Elliason.    Wells.   Paterson 

expect to see 

Bentley

Hunt. Williams. Baker. Dasilva

Elliason.  Nagy. Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells.  Diedhiou 

You hope he drops Diedhiou? ?

Archived