Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

LondonBristolian

What team for Saturday?

Not feeling hopeful but it is a new game and we have to try and win.

For me, it is back to what was working a few weeks ago - excepting Smith’s injury. It is a game I would love Marley Watkins for but he is not fit so in lieu of that...

Bentley

Hunt

Williams

Baker

JD

Nagy

Massengo

Eliasson

Paterson

Weimann

Diedhiou

Certainly not pretending that line up makes me confident of a result but I am struggling to see an option I prefer...

• Like 1

I've posted this quite a lot recently but yet again we go into a game with absolutely no idea what team is gonna start.

Presumably after an "as bad as it gets" performance the pack will get shuffled once more and the likes of Palmer and Massengo will be back in the fold?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

I've posted this quite a lot recently but yet again we go into a game with absolutely no idea what team is gonna start.

Presumably after an "as bad as it gets" performance the pack will get shuffled once more and the likes of Palmer and Massengo will be back in the fold?

You're right because we currently have players who are too scared to receive a pass, tackle with any conviction, unable to pass the ball to a teammate or show any passion whatsoever. In short, an omnishambles.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 1

4 5 1 for me (really not sure who to pick) but definitely try Wells up top on his own.

We need to avoid defeat at all costs to try and get a bit of confidence back.

**** knows, everyone is so poor at the moment. I struggle to name a team myself. Every team I consider posting seems to have flaws.

I'd be surprised if anyone disagrees with any of these points based on what we've seen this season. 

1. Hunt needs to be rested
  2. Dasilva should start
  3. Diedhiou and Palmer can't play together. 

So other than Dasilva and the likely replacement for Hunt being Pereira who else should start?

I'd personally go Bentley over Maenpaa so that's 3 of my 11 picked. 

We've kept 10 clean sheets this season.

Williams (28 games) has started in 9 - 32%

Baker (25 games) has started in of 8 - 32%

Kalas (14 games) has started in 3 - 21%

I'd go with Williams & Baker to complete the back line so that's now 5 of my 11. 

The next 6 is where things get tricky!

Who plays on the wings? If we even go with wingers.

Do you bring Watkins back in to add a bit of physicality and work rate. I think he's done well this season whenever he's played. Eliasson is out of form, is this down to Paterson returning and him being stuck out on the right most games? Both O'Dowda and Paterson look good on the ball, but end product is lacking, Paterson is a bit better in that regard though!

Central midfield, Is Smith fit? Nagy or Massengo, Nagy and Massengo - Who knows!?

Henriksen hasn't played since November, first game did well, the two after were bloody tough but last night he looked tired. Time for a rest?

Diedhiou was in great form before these past two games, we miss him a lot - especially defensively when he doesn't, but is it time to give Wells/Palmer partnership a chance? 

Edited by Carey 6

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Not feeling hopeful but it is a new game and we have to try and win.

For me, it is back to what was working a few weeks ago - excepting Smith’s injury. It is a game I would love Marley Watkins for but he is not fit so in lieu of that...

Bentley

Hunt

Williams

Baker

JD

Nagy

Massengo

Eliasson

Paterson

Weimann

Diedhiou

Certainly not pretending that line up makes me confident of a result but I am struggling to see an option I prefer...

Is that you Lee? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Is that you Lee? 

Oh come on! Admit it! It is you, isn’t it, Lee? But surely even if you’re struggling, you know that this is not the place to come for a consensus. Perhaps you should ring your mate Pep.......

Oh sh!t! I’d forgotten, he’s struggling too.

Look don’t worry! Another four transfer windows and then you’ll be sure to know your first XI.

• Like 1

Could someone post an in depth analysis of Millwalls tactics, strength, weaknesses and current form. Need this before making any guess at the side. 

3 minutes ago, miser said:

Could someone post an in depth analysis of Millwalls tactics, strength, weaknesses and current form. Need this before making any guess at the side. 

I could but it’s all immaterial 🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I reckon it’ll be a panicked recall for Palmer in a shit or bust gamble with Fammy dropped. 

HNM wasn't in the squad so he'll be straight back in the side too. 

Henriksen if Smith injured (realise I’ve started from the wrong end!)

Wells Patterson(Weimann)

Palmer
      Nagy                   Smith
                  Massengo

Dasilva  Baker  Kalas  Hunt

Bentley

OR

Wells    Weimann

Dasilva Nagy Smith Patterson

Rowe   Baker   Kalas   Hunt
                      (Williams)

Bentley

3 hours ago, Roe said:

Don't worry LJ has a 1975 copy of Roy of the Rovers to consult when he need inspiration.

I'd go for a very rarely used 1-2-3-4 formation. 

It probably depends on who comes out of the tombola, and then we'll try a formation to fit those players in.

Seriously though, I don't think anybody knows who will be playing, and I think that is the biggest problem. Our head coach doesn't know his best team or formation still. People come in, then disappear for weeks/months on end, and are then recalled. With that in mind, expect to see Pereira, Watkins, Williams and O'Dowda back in the first team 11.

I would hope to see this (if smith injured)

Bentley

Pereira. Kalas. Baker. Dasilva.  
      Massengo Nagy Palmer

Elliason.    Wells.   Paterson 

expect to see 

Bentley

Hunt. Williams. Baker. Dasilva

Elliason.  Nagy. Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells.  Diedhiou 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I would hope to see this (if smith injured)

Bentley

Pereira. Kalas. Baker. Dasilva.  
      Massengo Nagy Palmer

Elliason.    Wells.   Paterson 

expect to see 

Bentley

Hunt. Williams. Baker. Dasilva

Elliason.  Nagy. Henriksen. Paterson 

Wells.  Diedhiou 

You hope he drops Diedhiou? 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

You hope he drops Diedhiou? 😂

Couldn’t decide Wells or Diedhiou but millwall have two huge Centre  backs Who Fam won’t get much change from. Would you drop wells or play both?

I would include Morrell, Walsh, Moore and Bakinson in the 16 rather than that utter utter garbage we have been put through. 

At least we would have some fight. 

ALAS!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Clutton Caveman said:

Don't worry LJ has a 1975 copy of Roy of the Rovers to consult when he need inspiration.

He would have to get his dad to tell him who’s who and what they were good at, once done translate that to his current squad. Good shout for him to over complicate again!

58 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I would include Morrell, Walsh, Moore and Bakinson in the 16 rather than that utter utter garbage we have been put through. 

At least we would have some fight. 

ALAS!!! 

Have you seen much of Bakinson ?

😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

Couldn’t decide Wells or Diedhiou but millwall have two huge Centre  backs Who Fam won’t get much change from. Would you drop wells or play both?

Two huge CBs and a third one who’s not quite so huge! 😂😂😂

Right, here we go again;

Bentley

Kalas  Williams  Baker

Pereiera  Smith  Nagy  Dasilva

Paterson

Wells   Diediou

Whatever, we'll probably definitely be pissed by kick off anyway so it'll numb the disappointment.

23 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

😉

My information from down there is he is a good player. Also Jennah they think will be a top pro too (my cousin works for Southampton in the south west so I guess it’s a decent opinion) but me not so much. :laugh:!

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, REDOXO said:

My information from down there is he is a good player. Also Jennah they think will be a top pro too (my cousin works for Southampton in the south west so I guess it’s a decent opinion) but me not so much. :laugh:!

It was more to do with showing fight ;) 

Not that sort of player when I’ve seen him Ox  - not a ‘all action type ‘

53 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

😉

Seen him a three or four times. A little light weight and disappears from time to time but reasonable composure on the ball. Not outstanding at League Two level at all but he’s young and may benefit from playing in a promotion winning team. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, stortfordred said:

Oh come on! Admit it! It is you, isn’t it, Lee? But surely even if you’re struggling, you know that this is not the place to come for a consensus. Perhaps you should ring your mate Pep.......

Oh sh!t! I’d forgotten, he’s struggling too.

Look don’t worry! Another four transfer windows and then you’ll be sure to know your first XI.

I sit corrected: you can ring Pep now. He may have an idea!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedEyez said:

Who would make your starting line up @marksy ?

After last nights performance it couldn't give a toss. 

Anyway more about you. I've noticed you've toned it down a bit. You're not as gobby as you used to be. someone upset you? 

Edited by marksy
  • Haha 1

Paterson getting in lots of teams but unless I have missed something he has not turned up for the last 3 games - amongst many other players of course.

I appreciate before that he was like a new signing but we have seen this many times before with him - can we afford to wait this time fot his next purple patch as history has shown that can be quite a few games to arrive.

I would like to see another few changes this week with lightweights like Paterson and Eliasson having a rest - Millwall will dominate them.

We need our most physical players  with something like a 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2 imho. All we do now in a 4-4-2 is pass it sideways and backwards until we can get the ball to Eliasson and hope he can pull off another worldie cross - so predictable it makes my twanger hurt.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, marksy said:

After last nights performance it couldn't give a toss. 

Anyway more about you. I've noticed you've toned it down a bit. You're not as gobby as you used to be. someone upset you? 

Nah. It's cos there seems to be increasing amounts of topics about team selections so im in my element...