IGNORED

The biggest mistake that LJ has made......

Lez

Wanting to play 2 up top. Top teams in this league do not play with 2 front man, Leeds west Brom Forest Fulham (rarely) brentford etc.....none of them regularly do this.

Why not? Because you lose possession in midfield....it is all well and good having a decent strikeforce but if you are losing midfield battles time and time again it renders them useless.....as yesterday proved.

LJ has put all his eggs in this 2 man basket.....wells and diedhiou are seemingly undroppable, they both can only play as a centre forward.

We will not make progress until we ditch this system, there is a reason why such few teams utilise it at this level.

451 4231 433 are the methods of choice in this division.....for a reason.

He goes on about wanting the clubs in the basket.....this is his biggest mistake because he cant fit them in and when he does it means a total change in shape.....which seems to happen every game.....no clarity no consistency.

LJ has created a hole for himself.....wells and diedhiou are good players......but renders our midfield absolutely useless.....and you dont develop a philosophy and intensity without a strong consistent midfield.

5 minutes ago, Lez said:

Wanting to play 2 up top. Top teams in this league do not play with 2 front man, Leeds west Brom Forest Fulham (rarely) brentford etc.....none of them regularly do this.

Why not? Because you lose possession in midfield....it is all well and good having a decent strikeforce but if you are losing midfield battles time and time again it renders them useless.....as yesterday proved.

LJ has put all his eggs in this 2 man basket.....wells and diedhiou are seemingly undroppable, they both can only play as a centre forward.

We will not make progress until we ditch this system, there is a reason why such few teams utilise it at this level.

451 4231 433 are the methods of choice in this division.....for a reason.

He goes on about wanting the clubs in the basket.....this is his biggest mistake because he cant fit them in and when he does it means a total change in shape.....which seems to happen every game.....no clarity no consistency.

LJ has created a hole for himself.....wells and diedhiou are good players......but renders our midfield absolutely useless.....and you dont develop a philosophy and intensity without a strong consistent midfield.

Yep. It's been a problem he's had in most of his time with us. 

To play 442 at Leeds and home to West Brom is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. It's been a problem he's had in most of his time with us. 

To play 442 at Leeds and home to West Brom is ridiculous.

And then what happens is you change shape for the next game but players are not sure what their roles are etc and leads to poor performance.....Bielsa is the opposite of this sticks to his systems perhaps too much but I would prefer that then the seemingly picking ot out a hat nonsense.

3-5-2 would be acceptable too IMO, if there was a genuine central 3 in that midfield- by which I don't mean Paterson, O'Dowda or Palmer.

Agree with the OP however- dunno about his biggest mistake but it's a major shortcoming!

Possibly also worthy of consideration could be Wells and Weimann with Paterson or Palmer as the '1'- replicating a bit the Palmer-Afobe and Weimann. Possibly...

Diedhiou though? Nope. IF we are to play Diedhiou it should be in a genuine 4-3-3 IMO, with Eliasson one side and A.N.Other on the other side. Or a Plan B.

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

3-5-2 would be acceptable too IMO, if there was a genuine central 3 in that midfield- by which I don't mean Paterson, O'Dowda or Palmer.

Agree with the OP however- dunno about his biggest mistake but it's a major shortcoming!

Possibly also worthy of consideration could be Wells and Weimann with Paterson or Palmer as the '1'- replicating a bit the Palmer-Afobe and Weimann. Possibly...

Diedhiou though? Nope. IF we are to play Diedhiou it should be in a genuine 4-3-3 IMO, with Eliasson one side and A.N.Other on the other side. Or a Plan B.

I would like us to 4231 with the likes of Paterson palmer weimann eliasson making up the 3 behind wells.... that means no diedhiou which doesnt seem likely at the moment.

Should have gone for Vydra rather than Wells..........Diedhou and Wells are too similar, whereas Vydra tends to play off  knock downs  from his strike partner, plus he is 2 years younger.  That's only my opinion, all being well,  Wells will come good, and prove me wrong? ?

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Should have gone for Vydra rather than Wells..........Diedhou and Wells are too similar, whereas Vydra tends to play off  knock downs  from his strike partner, plus he is 2 years younger.  That's only my opinion, all being well,  Wells will come good, and prove me wrong? ?

Yes and if adobe signs, then hes similar again, certainly to wells.... what shall we do??!!!

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Don't think Vydra was all that available!

Vydra is more of a '10' anyway, but he can play off knockdowns, but he's more of a creative striker. Wells is fine, if we play to his strengths...more technically sound than Diedhiou BUT probably would rather have had Vydra all told.

Archived