IGNORED

Taylor Moore Class!

REDOXO

It is obvious to everyone that TM is a class defender (almost) in the Bobby Moore style - and you cannot say better than that!  So why was he sent out on loan when his presence was so obviously needed last night and on saturday?  One could also ask the same question regarding Matty Taylor who, though not quite in the TM class, can be very useful in a "nuisance" role thus making opportunities for others.  We seem very keen to welcome mediocre players into the team while ignoring existing talent.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I must admit, I couldn't see the logic in shunting Moore off on loan to a lower league side this season.

AFAIC he had proven he had Championship class, and was often pick of the defence when he played.

Other loans, I agreed with. TM not at all.

Taylor Moore should have been playing more than Williams, he should be the future our club is built on. Ok he made a few mistakes yet, no more than Williams has. Makes me wonder whether Johnson had the balls to drop Williams until last night. Remove the youngster from the equation and the problem is no longer there.

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

Taylor Moore should have been playing more than Williams, he should be the future our club is built on. Ok he made a few mistakes yet, no more than Williams has. Makes me wonder whether Johnson had the balls to drop Williams until last night. Remove the youngster from the equation and the problem is no longer there.

Agreed.

He's 23 this season. No longer a youngster in my view.

Williams has been great, but his blunders are stacking up. And costing dear.

If the MF aren't confident in the back line then nerves will make them make mistakes as well. 

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

This exactly.

It was a weird move to shift him out and bring in another young player so far into the season. 

Only way it made sense is if we were 100% aiming for promotion (or at least a play off spot) this season and felt that the difference in quality would be important.  I think that was the aim but it's not looking a very smart trade in hindsight

2 minutes ago, Yellow&Blue&Red said:

He offered to work twice as long for the same money but then, having proved he was good enough at Championship level, was shipped down to L1 anyway. It looks like bad faith and bad judgement from the club.

From the club?

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

He has dropped a level and is playing every game so I would expect him to be performing well. Much like Morell, Walsh, Taylor etc. All performing very well in league one. Would they be able to play as well in a championship LJ team? No because its never consistent and this league is a big step up. 

So it’s proving for Hendrickson and Benkovic. Two players who were not playing at all brought in both subbed at half time and told by the manager to get up to speed in the media. 

50 minutes ago, Rich said:

This is so right but unfortunately LJ didn't rate him so he became the scapegoat.  We all have different opinions of players but there weren't many that didn't rate Taylor Moore.  LJ has the casting vote however so he had to go. He should now be the kingpin of our defence, not Blackpools.

6 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

So it’s proving for Hendrickson and Benkovic. Two players who were not playing at all brought in both subbed at half time and told by the manager to get up to speed in the media. 

True but how many of our players that are supposedly up to speed performing well? Ellison? Diedhou?

Firstly he is not Bobby Moore style - much as I would like this to be true.

Secondly while Ashley Williams has made mistakes (more recently after a very long run) he has been mostly brilliant and his interceptions and positioning have been mostly superb.

I understand we want home grown talent but if an ageing Williams were to be injured, Baker is mostly this way and Kalas has really struggled this year - would we really have wanted Taylor Moore as our lynchpin - he needs more time. He has shown flashes of brilliance but also messed up more times than people seem to want to recall - I think it was him giving the ball away so cheaply against QPR on the half way line that caused Nagy's original injury (may be wrong here).

While results are rubbish this decision stacks up.

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

True but how many of our players that are supposedly up to speed performing well? Ellison? Diedhou?

Diehdou is playing really well with no service. Elliason is being heavily marked and has the look of a player that knows he will be sold when he refuses to extend his contract. 

The new players were brought in to improve us that’s the avowed intent and to improve us to standard better than what we had and help players around them. 

The last three games have been truly awful. The apologists on here pointed to the league position of Leeds and WBA as a factor. Clearly the Huddersfield performance shows we are pants throughout the team and the new guys don’t help. 

I feel for Wells. He looked crestfallen last night him and FD hardly saw the ball, how is he going to effect the game if we are defending our own penalty area like we were for the first 45 minutes. The worst 45 minutes even LJ admitted  as our manager.

(PNE AND WIGAN TAKE A LOT OF BEATING)

The coffee has to be sniffed at some point soon.

As for Taylor Moore a player with games under his belt and made captain shipped out for an out of form out of touch Premier League also ran looks like a terrible decision to me. 

58 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

There is a reason for TM to have been sent out on loan. One single game were he lost out badly in his defending. People don't understand football but are allowed to an opinion so name me the game. It was at AG.

Absolute nonsense.

LJ has long wanted to get Benkovic here on loan as he believed that he is Webster like, in having the class and ability to bring the ball out rather than lumping it.

Once the Benkovic deal was sorted it meant that the highly regarded Taylor Moore would not get enough game time here to continue his excellent development. Hence the loan deal to ensure that he plays regularly.

4 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Firstly he is not Bobby Moore style - much as I would like this to be true.

Secondly while Ashley Williams has made mistakes (more recently after a very long run) he has been mostly brilliant and his interceptions and positioning have been mostly superb.

I understand we want home grown talent but if an ageing Williams were to be injured, Baker is mostly this way and Kalas has really struggled this year - would we really have wanted Taylor Moore as our lynchpin - he needs more time. He has shown flashes of brilliance but also messed up more times than people seem to want to recall - I think it was him giving the ball away so cheaply against QPR on the half way line that caused Nagy's original injury (may be wrong here).

While results are rubbish this decision stacks up.

We now have Benkovic as our lynchpin if the above scenario materializes. Sigh!

Moore was excellent early in the season to be constantly pulled off or dropped by LJ who now brings in Benkovic who he had a go at in the media last night as being poor. 

Does that not say something?

4 minutes ago, Frenchay Red said:

Absolute nonsense.

LJ has long wanted to get Benkovic here on loan as he believed that he is Webster like, in having the class and ability to bring the ball out rather than lumping it.

Once the Benkovic deal was sorted it meant that the highly regarded Taylor Moore would not get enough game time here to continue his excellent development. Hence the loan deal to ensure that he plays regularly.

Yes. I agree with all this. But Benkovic so far has not been very good. And if LJ can publicly say so then it’s not a stretch for others.

Moore was shipped for Benkovic is of course true. As for highly regarded, if we not had an injury crisis in August any bid for Moore would have been accepted. The bloke had to halve his wages apparently to get a contract extension. 

Archived