IGNORED

SL. RUGBY OR FOOTBALL (OR BOTH)?

marmite

I said a few years ago when The Bears got promoted to Premiership rugby that SL now had his premiership team.  Has he now perhaps took his eye off of the football or maybe taken a step back and allowed JL to run the soccer side of things. SL quickly realised what was needed with the rugby and appointed a top coach to attract top talent to the set up, and the recent results show the merit of this action. Whoever is in charge of the football side now needs to realise what is needed in order to progress. We need change now, not on the pitch, but off it. The present squad are being coached backwards in style and quality. I said on another thread that we are in a false position in the table. Recent results only go to prove this. A top coach/manager could get so much more out of this squad. Whoever is in charge, make it happen now!!!

3 minutes ago, marmite said:

I said a few years ago when The Bears got promoted to Premiership rugby that SL now had his premiership team.  Has he now perhaps took his eye off of the football or maybe taken a step back and allowed JL to run the soccer side of things. SL quickly realised what was needed with the rugby and appointed a top coach to attract top talent to the set up, and the recent results show the merit of this action. Whoever is in charge of the football side now needs to realise what is needed in order to progress. We need change now, not on the pitch, but off it. The present squad are being coached backwards in style and quality. I said on another thread that we are in a false position in the table. Recent results only go to prove this. A top coach/manager could get so much more out of this squad. Whoever is in charge, make it happen now!!!

Not this paranoid bollocks again ?????

20 minutes ago, marmite said:

The 60 odd million on transfer fees and highest ever wage bill suggest both or more favourable towards football, 

if he didn’t he would of just pocket transfer fees for the football and not let johnson reinvest,

sorry if that doesn’t fit in with the only cares about rugby agenda that pops up when we are doing bad, but it’s fact

7 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

The 60 odd million on transfer fees and highest ever wage bill suggest both or more favourable towards football, 

if he didn’t he would of just pocket transfer fees for the football and not let johnson reinvest,

sorry if that doesn’t fit in with the only cares about rugby agenda that pops up when we are doing bad, but it’s fact

60 odd million on better players but the same coach, and I  didnt say he didnt care about the football  I merely asked the question about his priorities. Even you must see there is something wrong though. 

47 minutes ago, marmite said:

44 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Not this paranoid bollocks again ?????

Seems so!

25 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Yep. 

4 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

i have said before he has a first class coach for the bears. sadly not for city. dont get his loyalty towards lee. 

Now. We have something. LJ was thought of as a first class young coach. However can you compare the resumes of the two head coaches at the Gate. 

ASSOCIATION football is expensive. By comparison Kyle Sinckler will look like a pauper compared to Kalas. But the Rugby Premiership is winnable we can’t even mount a promotion campaign  in the Championship season after season that is vaguely sustainable in the last 15 games 

SL is nobodies fool. He knows he needs a top coach for Bristol City FC It’s about when we accept we haven’t got one. 

27 minutes ago, marmite said:

60 odd million on better players but the same coach, and I  didnt say he didnt care about the football  I merely asked the question about his priorities. Even you must see there is something wrong though. 

He does care. He just cares more about a family friend than he does the progression of Bristol City. 

2 hours ago, marmite said:

He is into both he can do it cheaper with the rugby but I don't doubt his commitment to City just his judgement. He stuck with Andy Robinson when he should have been thanked and ****** off so trust me he's equally daft but got it right with Lam. I personally think he could pay a good coach and support shave the playing budget and still do better. He hands a lot of money over to inadequates and has done for years. 

2 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Ah another topic that has nothing to do with LJ turned into LJ bashing by yourself. It’s getting to a point where you might need help, you’re actually obsessed.

Well no... what I said is pretty factually accurate isn’t it? Do you disagree?

16 hours ago, Matty_Taylor_is_god said:

Ah another topic that has nothing to do with LJ turned into LJ bashing by yourself. It’s getting to a point where you might need help, you’re actually obsessed.

where has he bashed Johnson?,

you are the one who looks obsessed,

He's pointed out one of Lansdowns failings in the cut-throat world of football, and thats he's too loyal

19 hours ago, marmite said:

So backwards we have produced several premier league players!

18 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

i have said before he has a first class coach for the bears. sadly not for city. dont get his loyalty towards lee. 

The reason Bristol have a top class coach is because of the money in the two sports. 

Pat Lam will be on a pittance compared to what his footballing counterparts (think Nuno at Wolves or Flick at Bayern) will be on. To get one of the best coaches in world rugby, like Lam, for Bristol, is much easier than getting one of the best coaches in the world for us

10 minutes ago, Riaz said:

So backwards we have produced several premier league players!

so you are happy to accept the current performances because we've sold players to the prem?,

The last time i checked only Kelly and Brownhill play for prem teams and nether of them are first team players

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

so you are happy to accept the current performances because we've sold players to the prem?,

The last time i checked only Kelly and Brownhill play for prem teams and nether of them are first team players

I don’t think anyone is happy with the current performances. 

I’d imagine what @Riaz is getting at though is that there’s evidence that Johnson doesn’t ‘coach players backwards’ with the improvements that we’ve seen from multiple players during his time here. In fact, I’d say individually the players aren’t getting worse, it’s more the tactics that we are setting up with is nullifying them. When you look at Bryan, Reid, Brownhill and Kelly, all players who improved massively as footballers under LJ and ended up in the prem, it shows that he does develop individuals. He just seems to struggle to improve a team with his tactical flaws

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I don’t think anyone is happy with the current performances. 

I’d imagine what @Riaz is getting at though is that there’s evidence that Johnson doesn’t ‘coach players backwards’ with the improvements that we’ve seen from multiple players during his time here. In fact, I’d say individually the players aren’t getting worse, it’s more the tactics that we are setting up with is nullifying them. When you look at Bryan, Reid, Brownhill and Kelly, all players who improved massively as footballers under LJ and ended up in the prem, it shows that he does develop individuals. He just seems to struggle to improve a team with his tactical flaws

thats my problem, always have said he improves players and is a good coach, he isn't a head coach or a manager, he hasn't got the man management skill for it

15 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Did you see the bit i highlighted??

The idea he is making players worse, is total nonsense.

Brownhill, Kelly, Bryan, Webster and Reid all got moves to premier league clubs.

19 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I read up to soccer and thought **** that !

Of course 'Football' was originally known as 'Soccer' to distinguish itself from the idiotic sport of egg-chasing which had, since it's inception, been known as 'Football'....

I'll get my coat.......

Archived