IGNORED

Charlie0016

9 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

I think it's been pretty obvious this season that formation isn't the problem. 

I think going to Leeds or against top of the league WBA playing a 442 was the problem.

On the OSIB podcast even a Leeds fan couldn't believe we went 442, as he said no one plays that at Elland Road.

17 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I think going to Leeds or against top of the league WBA playing a 442 was the problem.

On the OSIB podcast even a Leeds fan couldn't believe we went 442, as he said no one plays that at Elland Road.

Johnson does pick odd games to go toe to toe against the opposition.  He always tries it against WBA and we almost always get thumps. 4-4-2 tends not to works at this level against anyone let alone the top teams in the league. 4-5-1 is the way to play away to the top teams regardless how good we consider ourselves to be

17 minutes ago, city1983 said:

Johnson does pick odd games to go toe to toe against the opposition.  He always tries it against WBA and we almost always get thumps. 4-4-2 tends not to works at this level against anyone let alone the top teams in the league. 4-5-1 is the way to play away to the top teams regardless how good we consider ourselves to be

Well 4-5-1 out of possession, 4-3-3/variety of 4-2-3-1 in possession depending on the personnel but I mostly agree with this post.

Archived