IGNORED

Still 7th

slartibartfast

Absolutely crucial weekend coming up. The two teams just below us are playing each other. We are playing the team just below them. The team just below them is playing one of the two teams just above us. And the other team just above us is playing another team above us. Easy!

2 minutes ago, eardun said:

Absolutely crucial weekend coming up. The two teams just below us are playing each other. We are playing the team just below them. The team just below them is playing one of the two teams just above us. And the other team just above us is playing another team above us. Easy!

If there's one thing this club doesn't do, it's golden opportunities...

31 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

This league is just mental - yet again, the results have gone our way! When will the players start taking the most of these opportunities?

We’ve never had a better chance of Top 6 finish - it’s there for you boys....how much do you want it??

Not bad for a manager that the majority of fans want to see sacked...

......plus his Dad managed a top six finish.

I don't think 75 points will be required this season for 6th. 

That would require 2 points per game from us which is most definitely not happening!

I also don't foresee Preston bagging 19 points from 11 games, although they might come close.

Let's say Preston accrue 1.5 ppg in their next 10 matches, which is a fraction under their season rate so far. That's a total of 71 points with their final game at Ashton Gate.

So, given our goal difference is likely to be inferior, we need a minimum of 16 points from our next 10 games. 

5 wins and a draw? THEN beat Preston!

Winning 5/6 of our last 11 games seems unlikely in this current slump so something big is needed very soon.

Otherwise, we need Preston or Brentford to completely crumble, whilst the four teams below us fail to catch us.

The truth is nearly everyone is sh*t this season so us being sh*t doesn’t really make any difference!  Everyone thinks Brentford are amazing and all the rest of it, but they can’t be that much cop if they are only 3 points ahead of our shower!  It’s all to play for, we won’t suddenly play like Barcelona, but we don’t need to, we just need to do less sh*t than one team above us!  COYR!

If we can somehow remove our collective heads from our asses In time for the Sheff Wed game,  then the last 7/8 fixtures of the season are all winnable with a trade mark LJ streaky run.

Not many clubs in this division can say they have the kind of form that deserves promotion - will see who wants it.

1 minute ago, NewquayRed said:

If we can somehow remove our collective heads from our asses In time for the Sheff Wed game,  then the last 7/8 fixtures of the season are all winnable with a trade mark LJ streaky run.

Not many clubs in this division can say they have the kind of form that deserves promotion - will see who wants it.

WANT IT - is the key.

Do the players, do the coaches......not sure.

#toocosy

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

:clap:Just prolonging the agony, seems no one else wants to go up !

Maybe. It seems like it doesn’t it!?

58 minutes ago, Ryan_BCFC said:

Crazy crazy league, proper tight at the bottom too, 11 games to play and all to play for.

Yes. But we have forgotten how to play. However we will have huge support on Saturday despite what some ******* on this place will tell you about supporters not supporting. 

57 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I blame Brexit

I blame LJ. But brexit works too

24 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Posters on another thread were citing Brentford as a club with identity etc etc that we should emulate. They fecked up as well it seems.

Brentford do what we do but better. We could have picked up the boy from Exeter for a fraction of what they did particularly compared to what we paid for sick notes. SL must be seriously pissed off about that too. They are a nonsense club who compete with Fulham Chelsea QPR within a couple of miles and the entirety of London within 15 as the crow flies. Big up to them. We pay massive amounts for recruiting and a club that struggles to get half the gates we do makes us look like Monkeys. And what do we read. Ohhhh but being in London gives them an advantage. Pleeeease **** off!!!

5 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I think the comparison to Brentford does not hold water,

- Crowds

- Wages

- budget

If we are underperforming they are over performing as are Preston, Blackburn And Millwall.

If we similar to Brentford on the pitch then I’d probably be pretty happy. Even in 7th if we were playing attacking football I’d be pro LJ. I know someone will say it is our defence that has let us down and that is true too. Difference is Brentford can demoralise a side with their press and their play. Does that defender gamble for an interception knowing if he loses it is a goal? Does that midfielder play the riskier pass knowing if it doesn’t come off they have to defend another wave of pressure? I don’t think we do our defence any favours

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Maybe. It seems like it doesn’t it!?

Yes. But we have forgotten how to play. However we will have huge support on Saturday despite what some ******* on this place will tell you about supporters not supporting. 

I blame LJ. But brexit works too

Brentford do what we do but better. We could have picked up the boy from Exeter for a fraction of what they did particularly compared to what we paid for sick notes. SL must be seriously poses off about that too. They are a nonsense club who compete with Fulham Chelsea QPR within a couple of miles and the entirety of London within 15 as the crow flies. Big up to them. We pay massive amounts for recruiting and a club that struggles to get half the gates we do makes us look like Monkeys. And what do we read. Ohhhh but being in London gives them an advantage. Pleeeease **** off!!!

They do it better by 3 points that's all.

27 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

By that rationale we are doing amazing compared to Stoke!

And your point is......answers on a post card to Mr S Lansdown C/O Ashton Gate Bristol. 

He would really like to know why his millions upon millions spent on a ground and players is not returning a team that compete with Brentford and what they are doing that’s better than us. Stoke ducked themselves that’s why they are near the bottom!!

Stoke are a basket case that no one wants to be compared to, except you, particularly after we stole their best player....that is why he wants to stay here

The championship is just so 'random' this season, if we'd won the last 3 we'd be joint second with Leeds on 62 points and only 4 behind West Brom.

If we lose on Saturday, we will be below Milwall who are currently 10th.

Mind you, take a look at the National League - Notts County in the last play off place are 11 points above Chesterfield in the last relegation place. So if County were to lost their next 4 and Chesterfield were to win their next 4, Chesterfield would overtake them!

The results are really going our way, still in the game for top six. We only have to start playing football, he he. The holidays are over, we been crap the last 3 games, Hudds away never forget. We only have to start winning games then it will be ok. How that is going to happen I dont know when I think of the last 3 games. We are bad but still in the fight.

6 hours ago, Loosey Boy said:

This league is just mental - yet again, the results have gone our way! When will the players start taking the most of these opportunities? when they have a good manager

We’ve never had a better chance of Top 6 finish - it’s there for you boys....how much do you want it?? not at all going by recent non-efforts

Archived