IGNORED

Still 7th

slartibartfast

Let's also not forget that we've won just TWO matches against sides currently in the top half (Fulham and Cardiff) all season...

...AND we've dropped points against six of the bottom seven sides (Luton, Barnsley, Wigan, Boro, Charlton & Huddersfield).

But the last time we had a bad run, people were saying the same stuff about standard of football and creating chances, before we went on a good run. 

So your guess is as good as mine.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

We're like a dieing animal that just keeps holding on

At the moment we are like that Harry Enfield character,on his death bed,taking his terminal breath,when suddenly sits up and starts talking to his family?

9 hours ago, REDOXO said:

They do it better on a fraction of the income and with out one of the richest men in the world Tone. That’s all

whats it like in Western France right now. I fancy a Bordeaux!!

Its pleasant in front of the wood burner with a glass. Just getting over knee surgery so had to buy wine in a box to save keep getting up !!

8 hours ago, REDOXO said:

And your point is......answers on a post card to Mr S Lansdown C/O Ashton Gate Bristol. 

He would really like to know why his millions upon millions spent on a ground and players is not returning a team that compete with Brentford and what they are doing that’s better than us. Stoke ducked themselves that’s why they are near the bottom!!

Stoke are a basket case that no one wants to be compared to, except you, particularly after we stole their best player....that is why he wants to stay here

Not competing with Brentford??? Last I checked they were 3 points ahead of us, even though we are sh*t, in anyone’s book that’s competing 

Find myself a bit blinkered by the play-off ambition.

It really ought to be achievable, as we’ve been in and around pretty much all season. But once we’re there, I just don’t fancy our chances over 2 legs against anyone at the moment. Particularly after Tuesday night, LJ doesn’t sound like he’s got the energy right now to lead his team into a do-or-die battle. 

Millwall for me will be decisive. Not for our points tally but to gauge the reaction from both LJ and the players. It’ll go one of two ways. Here’s hoping for a real blood and guts response to make amends, and not just another damp squib and mid table mediocrity. 

10 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

:clap:Just prolonging the agony, seems no one else wants to go up !

...please please- let's get a couple more 'non wins under our belts,,with plenty of box entries to keep streaky Lee happy - then I'll be happy! ?

Tenth or lower & I'd like to be a fly in the wall at "that" coffee morning.

20 minutes ago, deadredfred said:

Find myself a bit blinkered by the play-off ambition.

It really ought to be achievable, as we’ve been in and around pretty much all season. But once we’re there, I just don’t fancy our chances over 2 legs against anyone at the moment. Particularly after Tuesday night, LJ doesn’t sound like he’s got the energy right now to lead his team into a do-or-die battle. 

Millwall for me will be decisive. Not for our points tally but to gauge the reaction from both LJ and the players. It’ll go one of two ways. Here’s hoping for a real blood and guts response to make amends, and not just another damp squib and mid table mediocrity. 

I doubt there is many who actually believe, deep down we will make the play offs. 

That first half on Tuesday took shitness to a whole new level. And we've had to put up with a hell of alot of it this season. 

People saying we are only three points of Brentford are just clinging on to a little hope. If we played anything like they did we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

I doubt there is many who actually believe, deep down we will make the play offs. 

That first half on Tuesday took shitness to a whole new level. And we've had to put up with a hell of alot of it this season. 

People saying we are only three points of Brentford are just clinging on to a little hope. If we played anything like they did we wouldn't be having this discussion right now.

If Brentford played anything like people believe they play then they would (and should) be way more than 3 points ahead of us surely?  Either they aren’t that great, or we are better than we think, you can’t have it both ways.

The facts are that we are sh*t but out of nowhere we can win 4 on the bounce, like we did less than 2 weeks ago unless everyone’s forgotten?

4 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Not sure if it’s that , Grim

Or more that fans are starting to think  ‘what’s the point of even hoping for the play offs, we arnt good enough to make it a enticing proposition ‘

Add to the reality that as we head into the real business end of the season , let’s be honest ,  we are in a mess with no playing plan , and few players of trusted status , no consistency in formation or selection , it doesn’t look promising 

The only positive you could suggest (For those desperately hoping for top 6) is If we did now make it we would be heading in to them with some reasonable / decent form , as despite other sides similarly choking , we are increasingly needing some decent form & points return to make it

6 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

If Brentford played anything like people believe they play then they would (and should) be way more than 3 points ahead of us surely?  Either they aren’t that great, or we are better than we think, you can’t have it both ways.

The facts are that we are sh*t but out of nowhere we can win 4 on the bounce, like we did less than 2 weeks ago unless everyone’s forgotten?

They are better than us as a side with some match winners ,   But

My slight fear for them (Though they may miss top two but will be top six) is , like us to some degree , they may lack the leaders and characters for some games as the intensity of the scrap in most games intensifies as the season closes and sides fight for their safety / promotion / etc etc 

At this stage of the season certain sides who can also scrap out results tend to benefit and achieve

At times we’ve done that but when it comes to crunch games City rarely ever or ever have come out on top

Brentford drop silly points and can have a flaky day , when they miss those leaders - will be interesting to see if it hurts them ultimately 

38 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just a reminder, the 4 wins on the bounce were against teams in the bottom half of the table. Our next 6 games are against teams in the top half with similar or better records than us.

28 minutes ago, mozo said:

Just a reminder, the 4 wins on the bounce were against teams in the bottom half of the table. Our next 6 games are against teams in the top half with similar or better records than us.

Agreed but 2 of those wins- Wigan and Barnsley- were vs sides whose results have picked up quite drastically or at least notably in recent times.

A surprise for me is that Blackburn- despite Dack being out for half a season, Holtby out from sometime in January for the rest of the season, Cunningham having a season ending injury in early October, and one or two others seemingly in rotating injuries being in there...then again Holtby as backup to Dack is good depth but both are out- interesting to see if they can maintain it given the aforementioned long term injuries- think Williams been injured for a while too, Corry Evans long term!

17 minutes ago, Spike said:

Next game it'll be "we're still close to the play offs", then the game after that it'll be "we're still in with a chance"... unless we improve the football 7th is a massive over achievement. 

Which is what we all wanted at the start of the season, wasn't it?

Johnson must stay and be given a further contract extension.

What other manager could have got us to 7th after 35 games with a -2 goal difference and still be only 3 points behind 4th spot. If we had an even worse goal difference we might have been in an automatic position!

6 minutes ago, jayjay said:

Johnson must stay and be given a further contract extension.

What other manager could have got us to 7th after 35 games with a -2 goal difference and still be only 3 points behind 4th spot. If we had an even worse goal difference we might have been in an automatic position!

I blame Diedhiou for scoring too many goals this season...

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Which is what we all wanted at the start of the season, wasn't it?

Not really, a massive over-achievement at the beginning of the season would have been automatic promotion, I would have said play-offs was the minimum we should have been looking at and having made the squad stronger in January I would say it's still what we should be expecting. The only thing that's changed the goal is how poorly we're playing and that ultimately comes down to the tactics and management as the talent is there.

8 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Brentford started the season after losing Maupay, Konsa, Sawyers and Bentley. They did buy a load of players in but still tried to keep playing their decent entertaining football. Inconsistent definitely, and still improving, they have gradually climbed the table and dished out some hidings to teams - with that thing called "identity".

I would rather be 12th now trying to play how they do so we can see what the longterm plan is on the pitch, and then improve with experience/time and then new players or changes can/should slot in - rather than sit in 7th with the utter dross being served up at the moment, and not having any sort of clue as what the plan on the pitch is, bar grinding results out with what seems 1 or 2 shots on target per game.

I know if we could get their manager I would renew my season ticket in a heartbeat.

9 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Citys last 4 games are as follows played 4 won 1 lost 3. We have had 34 shots with 10 on target scoring 3 goals.

Brentfords last last 4 games are as follows played 4 drawn 3 lost 1. They have had 59 shots with 23 on target scoring 5 goals.

It's clear they put a lot more effort into winning games and getting the fans off of their seats than we do even though they only have 3 points more than us. This is only a 4 game snippet so to me it seems that they are just a little unlucky in front of goal or opposing keepers are having better games against them. Fact is they play better football, create more chances and score more goals. They have a +26 goal difference and our's is -2. Please tell me how we are in anyway like them? 

20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Not really, a massive over-achievement at the beginning of the season would have been automatic promotion, I would have said play-offs was the minimum we should have been looking at and having made the squad stronger in January I would say it's still what we should be expecting. The only thing that's changed the goal is how poorly we're playing and that ultimately comes down to the tactics and management as the talent is there.

Can you imagine getting into the play-offs and even promoted with such a shit manager whilst playing crap football?

Wouldn’t that be great ? 

Archived