IGNORED

Still 7th

slartibartfast

32 minutes ago, collier said:

Citys last 4 games are as follows played 4 won 1 lost 3. We have had 34 shots with 10 on target scoring 3 goals.

Brentfords last last 4 games are as follows played 4 drawn 3 lost 1. They have had 59 shots with 23 on target scoring 5 goals.

It's clear they put a lot more effort into winning games and getting the fans off of their seats than we do even though they only have 3 points more than us. This is only a 4 game snippet so to me it seems that they are just a little unlucky in front of goal or opposing keepers are having better games against them. Fact is they play better football, create more chances and score more goals. They have a +26 goal difference and our's is -2. Please tell me how we are in anyway like them? 

BUT, BUT, BUT, it's only 3 points........And we are 7th.....

Don't start coming up with any answers/stats/facts as it just doesn't wash with the same posters on here. This season is classed as improvement at the moment.

9 minutes ago, wood_red said:

BUT, BUT, BUT, it's only 3 points........And we are 7th.....

Don't start coming up with any answers/stats/facts as it just doesn't wash with the same posters on here. This season is classed as improvement at the moment.

You know what though, I've noticed less of that kind of response since Huddersfield. 

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Can you imagine getting into the play-offs and even promoted with such a shit manager whilst playing crap football?

Wouldn’t that be great ? 

The thing is prior to this season we'd had up's and downs but it looked possible, if anything going into this season we looked the strongest we had in a long long time but whatever has happened to the football I cannot fathom. We played some incredible football not so long ago, I honestly cannot understand how it's deteriorated to the level it is at now and we know for a fact that these players can play great football so the only logical explanation is it's down to LJ. The tactics he's employed this season are awful and the fact we still don't know what our strongest line up is has to be the key reason he needs to go.

It's been 4 years under LJ now, almost every player here is his player and if they are not he obviously wanted them here as he's had more than enough time to move them on. There are no excuses left to give which would explain his latest interview, he's out of ideas and he's hoping the players can do his job for him by over-performing, only they aren't.  I can't imagine someone like Chris Hughton not knowing his best 11 after 6-7 months let alone 4 years, it's madness.

3 hours ago, collier said:

Citys last 4 games are as follows played 4 won 1 lost 3. We have had 34 shots with 10 on target scoring 3 goals.

Brentfords last last 4 games are as follows played 4 drawn 3 lost 1. They have had 59 shots with 23 on target scoring 5 goals.

It's clear they put a lot more effort into winning games and getting the fans off of their seats than we do even though they only have 3 points more than us. This is only a 4 game snippet so to me it seems that they are just a little unlucky in front of goal or opposing keepers are having better games against them. Fact is they play better football, create more chances and score more goals. They have a +26 goal difference and our's is -2. Please tell me how we are in anyway like them? 

Listen I think we are pretty sh*t this season, we’ve not really played well at all, but my point is a team like Brentford who everyone seemingly w*nks over every night are just 3 points ahead of us, and we are sh*t, so either they arnt that great or we aren’t that bad.  

Yeh I’m sure they are more entertaining as they score loads, good for them, but it’s not getting them the points they need to get promoted as yet. 

Personally I couldn't care if LJ stays or goes, I’m completely apathetic to him really, but I’m not going to lose my sh*t cause we have lost some games, or haven’t been entertaining or whatever,   Especially when we are still, despite our sh*tness, in with a play-off shot!

1 hour ago, Spike said:

The thing is prior to this season we'd had up's and downs but it looked possible, if anything going into this season we looked the strongest we had in a long long time but whatever has happened to the football I cannot fathom. We played some incredible football not so long ago, I honestly cannot understand how it's deteriorated to the level it is at now and we know for a fact that these players can play great football so the only logical explanation is it's down to LJ. The tactics he's employed this season are awful and the fact we still don't know what our strongest line up is has to be the key reason he needs to go.

It's been 4 years under LJ now, almost every player here is his player and if they are not he obviously wanted them here as he's had more than enough time to move them on. There are no excuses left to give which would explain his latest interview, he's out of ideas and he's hoping the players can do his job for him by over-performing, only they aren't.  I can't imagine someone like Chris Hughton not knowing his best 11 after 6-7 months let alone 4 years, it's madness.

Even Korey was his player....at Oldham.

@Tinmans Love Child I have tried to explain why I think they are only 3 points above us but you seemed to have missed that. At the start of October they were 8 points behind us after their very hit and miss start trying to integrate their new players into the way they play. They are now looking a pretty decent side, even if still inconsistent and Bob made some valid points too.

The bottom line is even if they finished below us, I expect their fans would have all had a more enjoyable overall season than us (if they do miss out the playoffs it will be a bit of a kick in the teeth though).

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Listen I think we are pretty sh*t this season, we’ve not really played well at all, but my point is a team like Brentford who everyone seemingly w*nks over every night are just 3 points ahead of us, and we are sh*t, so either they arnt that great or we aren’t that bad.  

Yeh I’m sure they are more entertaining as they score loads, good for them, but it’s not getting them the points they need to get promoted as yet. 

Personally I couldn't care if LJ stays or goes, I’m completely apathetic to him really, but I’m not going to lose my sh*t cause we have lost some games, or haven’t been entertaining or whatever,   Especially when we are still, despite our sh*tness, in with a play-off shot!

I have not lost my shit either. I was just pointing out the fact that Brentford have let in 20 less goals than us and scored 8 more. Anybody who knows anything about football will tell you that a side would have had to have a fair slice of bad luck to be only 3 points clear of a side with those stats. Also Wigan have conceded less goals than us this season and they are fighting relegation.. We have been extremely lucky with nicking a lot of points from games where we have been dominated. If as people say that luck evens it's self out over the course of a season then we are potentially in for a rocky last 10 games.

To put it into perspective Barnsley have only scored 7 less and let in 7 more than us, a 14 goal swing. They are 19POINTS BEHIND US!! Just some food for thought.

Your correct that we are in for a play off spot at this current time and fingers crossed we can nick a spot because with our luck this year it might just work out for us who knows?

10 hours ago, wood_red said:

@Tinmans Love Child I have tried to explain why I think they are only 3 points above us but you seemed to have missed that. At the start of October they were 8 points behind us after their very hit and miss start trying to integrate their new players into the way they play. They are now looking a pretty decent side, even if still inconsistent and Bob made some valid points too.

The bottom line is even if they finished below us, I expect their fans would have all had a more enjoyable overall season than us (if they do miss out the playoffs it will be a bit of a kick in the teeth though).

I’ve not missed anything.  I agree Brentford play great football, I’d love us to play great football, if the debate is about entertainment on match day then I also agree Brentford are winning, I’m pleased for them and their fans, but the point you are missing is that for all Brentfords entertaining football, they are just 3 points ahead of us as it stands with what 11 games to go.  Someone (not you) has suggested we are lucky to be where we are currently?  Lucky, after 35 games! Do me a favour!  We have earned 53 points, and have a great chance, we are on a bad run granted, but I can see another good run coming as has happened numerous times under LJ, in 11 games we will all know and can make a proper judgement then

23 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In the world??!! Nowhere near! ????

There are 2,600 billionaires on this planet (54 in the UK), in a world population of over 7 billion. Steve is one in three million five hundred thousand or so (I did the math! Think I'm about right), let's call it 4m.

Uncle Steve is (approximately) "one in a four million"

4 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’ve not missed anything.  I agree Brentford play great football, I’d love us to play great football, if the debate is about entertainment on match day then I also agree Brentford are winning, I’m pleased for them and their fans, but the point you are missing is that for all Brentfords entertaining football, they are just 3 points ahead of us as it stands with what 11 games to go.  Someone (not you) has suggested we are lucky to be where we are currently?  Lucky, after 35 games! Do me a favour!  We have earned 53 points, and have a great chance, we are on a bad run granted, but I can see another good run coming as has happened numerous times under LJ, in 11 games we will all know and can make a proper judgement then

Haha so you don't have any facts to respond to my post so thought you would throw in a dig in the middle of responding to somebody else? Also based on actual fact or evidence why can you see another good run coming again? Other than the fact than we have done it in the past. There is 0 evidence with regards to tactics, results, recent performances or is it tales from your ass kinda evidence?

Archived