IGNORED

Who You Prefer Over LJ?

And Its Smith

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Was LJ to get sacked, who would you prefer out of these potential managers?

I have left off Chris Hughton as assume most would say him. Although it is unknown if he would come here as he has turned down bigger clubs than us.

Obviously make other suggestions if I’ve missed any but please make them realistic!  

Lee Bowyer
Danny Cowley 
Paul Warne
Mark Robins
Gareth Ainsworth
Darren Ferguson 
Joey Barton
Karl Robinson 
Martin O’Neill
Aitor Katanka
Nigel Adkins
Paul Clement
Mark Hughes

In all honesty, none of the above

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.... and then you’d sneak back into Ashton Gate when Neil got us promoted ! ??

no chance. I'd rather stay at home, than watch a team full of players diving and cheating for 90 minutes.

Luckily SL has said he'd never employ him as manager.

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Does it? Does it really?! So you think every single name on that list is a worse manager/head coach than LJ?!! ????

This place is priceless! No one is ever good enough for our club!!  ?✌️?

Not even a manager that has improved our points tally every year, while having a negative net spend

1 minute ago, Riaz said:

no chance. I'd rather stay at home, than watch a team full of players diving and cheating for 90 minutes.

Luckily SL has said he'd never employ him as manager.

SL also said he wouldn’t sell Kodjia to another championship club ....

This ‘cheating’ myth cracks me up - he wouldn’t have survived in the game as a manager for well over three decades if he was a cheat ... 

3 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Not even a manager that has improved our points tally every year, while having a negative net spend

I appreciate our league positions improve but I would argue it’s not that we’ve ‘climbed higher’ but that each year we haven’t ‘fallen as far’.

There’s a difference.

1 hour ago, David Brent said:

That isn’t a definitive list. There are literally hundreds of realistic names

Shhh, don’t talk sense otherwise the apathetic happy clappers will have lost their argument for sticking with mr mediocrity. ‘There’s no one out there’, Jesus Christ... we have such a small time mentality. Where did wolves get Nuno from. Where did Leeds go, where did West Brom go for an appointment. It’s pathetic to create a list of uninspiring largely uk managers as an argument for sticking with Johnson. 

the hierarchy at our club should have a massive list of potential coaches, few of which will be mentioned in the opening post on this thread.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Moyes would want to spend mega bucks on the squad and I seriously doubt he or many other managers would be prepared to sign up to SLs strategy of sustainability. Having to sell your better players pretty much every window and be expected to get City promoted to the PL is a very tall order.

I know...

But you could have let me dream for a couple of hours before you waded in with your logic :sad26:

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

SL also said he wouldn’t sell Kodjia to another championship club ....

This ‘cheating’ myth cracks me up - he wouldn’t have survived in the game as a manager for well over three decades if he was a cheat ... 

Myth? I'm basing it on the many matches i've watched

against neil warnock teams. Massive men chucking themselves on the ground and buying free kicks, not for me.

25 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

We are already stable in the Championship, bringing him in would achieve nothing and we will be back to square one for next season. Either bring in a manager now who is going to play the way we want to in the future so he has time to develop his philosophy or leave LJ in. 

Yeah three options:

1. Short term manager with proven record of making playoffs. Means to an end.

2. Long term manager with correct philosophy, but likely to be less 'proven'

3. Trust Johnson 

Now you might ask why we don't go for a proven manager with a track record, and has the correct philosophy... and I'd ask who that is...?

For the record, I would be absolutely against Warnock too. But the one thing I do like about him is that he takes all the heat on himself and totally allows his players to focus on the football. No throwing players under the bus for him*

* Now some smartass is going to provide a list of times when he has done that so I would like to make it clear that’s just my impression of him, I’m happy glad to declare I am no Warnock expert.

19 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I appreciate our league positions improve but I would argue it’s not that we’ve ‘climbed higher’ but that each year we haven’t ‘fallen as far’.

There’s a difference.

Try telling that to the 91 other clubs who haven’t seen a year on year improvement for the past 5 years. 

13 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Myth? I'm basing it on the many matches i've watched

against neil warnock teams. Massive men chucking themselves on the ground and buying free kicks, not for me.

I still remember when we witnessed Greg Halford die and come back to life during his Rotherham days

Was like Easter weekend crammed into 9 minutes

19 minutes ago, mozo said:

Yeah three options:

1. Short term manager with proven record of making playoffs. Means to an end.

2. Long term manager with correct philosophy, but likely to be less 'proven'

3. Trust Johnson 

Now you might ask why we don't go for a proven manager with a track record, and has the correct philosophy... and I'd ask who that is...?

Jovankovic, two promotions. Left Maccabi after 6 months to join Fulham last time. Plays nice football. Why couldn't we offer him a deal to leave his Qatari club? Depends how much he is being paid and his career ambitions I guess. 

If not, if SL doesn't elect for option 3, he should almost certainly go for option 2.

Archived