IGNORED

Who You Prefer Over LJ?

And Its Smith

4 hours ago, Redstart said:

Jokanovic was the guy who got Fulham promoted into the Premier a couple of seasons back, from memory they played good football in the Championship. He ended up with some club in Qatar when Ranieri took over.

He’d Be my first choice if we could get him. Attack minded coach with a promotion on his cv. Ticks all the boxes. After that I would be looking at Karanka, Ainsworth, Cowleys or possibly Nathan Jones. The rest of the list is totally uninspiring......Paul Clement ....jeez how negative do you want us to play ?

1 hour ago, EnderMB said:

I have three on my short-list, and to be honest they're not too realistic.

• Big Sam - Obviously would be great at this level, but would have zero intention of coaching a mid-table Championship side
  • Quique Flores - A solid coach, and would probably do great at this level, but again wouldn't be up for joining us
  • Michael Laudrup - Legend of the game, and has had some success as a manager. After Swansea he mostly managed in Qatar for mega-bucks, but I imagine Bristol City would be an interesting project for him.

Anyone that wants Warnock needs their head examined.

Laudrup.........very good shout. There was talk of him going back to Swansea before Cooper was appointed. Still chasing the petro dollar in Qatar I believe.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I like Warburton's football at QPR. And Robins at Coventry.

But one i would go for (if LJ was to be sacked) would be Struber of Barnsley.

I think he has them playing very good football. Plays young players. He is the right DNA.

He's working with so little and I believe will keep Barnsley up.

Interesting shout. Think Barnsley have not a bad squad though tbh, but are significantly lacking in experience- think their average age is 23 or something!

If they had a few experienced individuals amongst that they would surely be higher.

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Interesting shout. Think Barnsley have not a bad squad though tbh, but are significantly lacking in experience- think their average age is 23 or something!

If they had a few experienced individuals amongst that they would surely be higher.

I still feel a bit sick from the last time we poached a manager from Barnsley. 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Got a lot worse before it got better under Frank. But i can't deny he has them superbly set-up now. 

He certainly does and tbh he has a better defensive structure now.

21 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I still feel a bit sick from the last time we poached a manager from Barnsley. 

Football styles differ greatly. Not saying he's my choice but it's not quite the same.

30 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You are having a laugh right ? I thought we wanted to progress.

I’m trying to guess what SL would do if/when LJ leaves the club. He’s a fan of the old Liverpool boot room way of ensuring stability and it would therefore make sense to install either Macca or Deano.

That way the club would not suffer a period of instability. Appointing a new man along with his backroom staff cause a huge upheaval throughout the entire club and I’m sure SL would want to avoid that.  

22 minutes ago, Murraysrightplum said:

Pretty depressing list all in all

Jokanovic is the man for me. Go and get him! If Fulham could sign him, we definitely could. Be bold, be positive and make the necessary changes. Regardless of what some on here think, we have an excellent squad of players.

We just need a Head Coach to mould them together and give them confidence. Currently they have none..

Seeing other peoples suggestions. Id actually take Jokanovic or Adkins. McCarthy an outside end of season dark horse personally - criminally underratted in a similar manor to how Cotts was before he came here. 

Dont know why the latter gets shouted down. Did fantastic at So'ton, two promos to PL in a row, , Reading were a basket case, had to clear out at Sheff Utd, and got Hull back in the top half with near no backing. 

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I’m trying to guess what SL would do if/when LJ leaves the club. He’s a fan of the old Liverpool boot room way of ensuring stability and it would therefore make sense to install either Macca or Deano.

That way the club would not suffer a period of instability. Appointing a new man along with his backroom staff cause a huge upheaval throughout the entire club and I’m sure SL would want to avoid that.  

Robbo, appointing No 2's etc to take over never works

5 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Odd that some of LJ's loudest detractors seem to be missing from this thread. Thought they'd be on here and able to reel off a long list of names they'd rather have in charge... 

We have had four years of Lee and his teams/football now, that's a lot to go on. Enough, I would say, to make a fairly considered appraisal of his merits, and to make a reasonably educated guess at our chances of going up under Lee (this is the task any hc is faced with here, now, let's be clear). It's all guesswork, of course.

We - the punters - have very little to go on with any potential successors. We don't get to speak to people inside the game that know them, we don't get to meet them, shake their hands, look them in the eye, go on gut instinct. We haven't observed a year of their team/football in person, let alone four.

I think we are much better placed to say "Lee's not up to it" now (right or wrong, as that may turn out) than we are to say "Danny Cowley," or someone else. I think it is perfectly understandable that there is far more of the "get rid" than the "get him" and so, not "odd" to me, at least.

That said, I do agree with you that SL choosing a successor is not a cheering thought, and reason enough to be cautious and to wait at least until the summer. Although, will it not be Ashton choosing now?

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

How many others can you count on one finger ?

I can’t think of any but it was a stability policy that served Liverpool well. No reason not to try and do the same at City should the situation arise.

Im pretty sure that if LJ moved on Macca and Deano would Cross SLs mind.

Archived