IGNORED

Who You Prefer Over LJ?

And Its Smith

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I like Warburton's football at QPR. And Robins at Coventry.

But one i would go for (if LJ was to be sacked) would be Struber of Barnsley.

I think he has them playing very good football. Plays young players. He is the right DNA.

He's working with so little and I believe will keep Barnsley up.

I've been thinking the same re: Struber. Had a dig at our hoof ball as well. Seems to have a very clear plan.

24 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I like Warburton's football at QPR. And Robins at Coventry.

But one i would go for (if LJ was to be sacked) would be Struber of Barnsley.

I think he has them playing very good football. Plays young players. He is the right DNA.

He's working with so little and I believe will keep Barnsley up.

They're bottom of the league. 

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So ditch the entire long-term strategy for short term success?

I'm surprised and disappointed in you Phil.

No, I thought what I was saying was quite the opposite actually! It was maintaining the long term strategy by ensuring we'd theoretically take our time over any LJ replacement. Not rush into it in February! 

2 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Its mind boggling how OTIB moans about the quality of football being served, and then suggests managers such as Warnock, Hughton, Moyes and Sam Allardyce. 

No, the argument is that LJ's producing shit, and ultimately unsuccessful football. Warnock, Hughton, Moyes, and Sam have all been winners.

Not saying I'd go for any of the said above, or sack LJ etc but we do need to admit that those guys have won promotions.

I’d largely take anyone to be honest. No one can possibly have us playing any worse than Johnson because that’s not possible. My only concern would be if they played the same level as Johnson but didn’t have his luck then we’d be proper screwed.

My choices would be Robins of Cov, or the Wigan chap. But just to reiterate, getting rid of LJ would just make me happy enough. 

24 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No, I thought what I was saying was quite the opposite actually! It was maintaining the long term strategy by ensuring we'd theoretically take our time over any LJ replacement. Not rush into it in February! 

It was pretty obvious what you were saying to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d largely take anyone to be honest. No one can possibly have us playing any worse than Johnson because that’s not possible. My only concern would be if they played the same level as Johnson but didn’t have his luck then we’d be proper screwed.

My choices would be Robins of Cov, or the Wigan chap. But just to reiterate, getting rid of LJ would just make me happy enough. 

Give it to Fordy til the end of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’d largely take anyone to be honest. No one can possibly have us playing any worse than Johnson because that’s not possible.

The football aint great. But **** me, it aint that bad. I've seen far worse, many times over the last 26 years of watching city.

2 minutes ago, Riaz said:

The football aint great. But **** me, it aint that bad. I've seen far worse, many times over the last 26 years of watching city.

Not when you compare it to resources. I’ve largely always enjoyed watching City, never disliked it like this. 

5 minutes ago, Coppello said:

Give it to Fordy til the end of the season. 

“Kick it in the goal lads!”

I think Steve Lansdown likes Mark Robins.  Despite SL's mixed history of picking managers I think that is a plus.   I guess Steve got to know him all those years ago when Robins had a short stay and banged in a few goals for us.

I'd like to see a manager who would stick with the likes of Taylor Moore and Joe Morrell - both very good footballers - rather than loan them out and bring in expensive short-term loans players who are not up to match speed or embedded in the Club. Mark Robins also seems to have got the best out of Liam Walsh and has brought on a lot of young players at Coventry.

I'd be much more content with a manager who plays easy on the eye attractive football with home grown talent being brought on with a couple of experience heads to add balance and guidance like the Wade Elliot's and Wilbraham's we have had.  Throw in a proven goal scorer as well such as Afobe and/or Wells. I'd prefer that even if it produced a mid-table position rather than football that has brought us to the brink of the pay-offs but is turgid to watch and isn't sustainable in terms of winning football either.

With that strategy we'd also pick up some of the best young players from other academies as they would see a pathway. We've had that pathway for youngsters positive image before but I think it's been lost and perhaps even jettisoned.

3 hours ago, marcofisher said:

Its mind boggling how OTIB moans about the quality of football being served, and then suggests managers such as Warnock, Hughton, Moyes and Sam Allardyce. 

It’s much easier to forgive less entertaining football when you’re winning regularly and genuine promotion contenders. Personally I’d be happy with that trade off.

Personally I’m sick of being the biggest club in England never to play in the Premier League while clinging to our ideals about playing good football all the time.

I don’t want to be sat here in 50 years time complaining about never achieving anything while a 125 year old Neil Warnock leads Accrington Stanley into the promised land.

4 hours ago, !james said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/06/28/martin-oneill-sacked-nottingham-forest-just-five-months-charge/

Many many stories like the one above regarding O'Neill's last stint at Forest. Granted Forest were/are a basketcase of a club but unfortunately think O'Neill has had his time at the top level. 

I wasn’t aware of this and it’s certainly a black mark on his record. But equally I’d be reluctant to blame O’Neill entirely without knowing the full facts of the situation. It doesn’t entirely make sense why his training methods would provoke such a response from the players at Forest, when he’s enjoyed tangible success at many clubs previously.

53 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dean Saunders then Fordy?

4 hours ago, UREDS_91 said:

And this is why we shouldn't get rid. There's nothing else out there. Unless you take a chance abroad but still (take Hughton off as you said), Jesus that list screams Mid-Table/Relegation. 

I mean, Mark Hughes.... HAHA

May as well chuck Cotts on there too? :laugh:

Surely any other job tho where someone is not performing you don't just keep them until you can replace them with someone better. You get rid and then replace them when the right candidate comes along.. Keeping him on as there is no one else is silly as he could fluke a couple of wins and then people will think he deserves another chance!

The amount we can spend on players I'm sure Lansdown wallet could stretch to offer a decent wage to a decent manager! When we talk about players we don't just talk about free agents, why is it the same with managers?

I would much rather Lansdown spends a significant amount of money on recruiting of a decent manager than I would him buy a big name player! 

3 hours ago, milo1111 said:

. ‘There’s no one out there’, Jesus Christ... we have such a small time mentality. 

Now that WOULD be a coup. A foreign manager from the Middle East. Bit of another marmite character though - loved and hated by crowds of thousands in equal measure (a bit like LJ) Nailed on crosses every time though - and he saves.....

Just one small negative - he’s been dead for nigh on 2000 years...... 

:)

I would be quite happy if he gave it to mcallister or Holden but stated this is until the end of the season. He will then look to recruit a new manager befor the transfer window opens.. 

They may not be successful for the rest of the season but as long as they could get us to play better football (which can't be hard) then they are likely to at least get the fans back onside! 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

If you have faith in the long term strategy then why the hurry to sack him now when, as you say; we are safe? 

Wait until the end of the season then re-evaluate.

Could even start talking to potential managers/their agents now, or when it's confirmed we can no longer make top 6.

3 minutes ago, tunnie12345 said:

I would be quite happy if he gave it to mcallister or Holden but stated this is until the end of the season. He will then look to recruit a new manager befor the transfer window opens.. 

They may not be successful for the rest of the season but as long as they could get us to play better football (which can't be hard) then they are likely to at least get the fans back onside! 

Surley they are part of the problem jamie mac the defensive coach of the team thats let in HOW MANY GOALS get rid of the lot of them hideous football all season

I can’t quite understand the short term suggestions. That’s not how this football club is run. SL if he sacks LJ isn’t going to abandon (correctly in my view) the vision he has for the club. Big Sam, Warnock will not be manager nor will anyone for a matter of months. If LJ was sacked before the end of the season it would be Holden or JMc. 

Archived