IGNORED

Dean Holden Press Conference - What is the identity on the pitch?

Prinny

Jeez! The interview posted from the OP is not exactly a confidence builder.

‘Four defeats in five, can you put your finger on why that is?’

’Well, I’m not a great believer in looking at the past’. 

Why is it that positivity wonks always spout the "not looking at the past" BS.

I think what they mean is, "learn from the past but not dwell on the past". You'll learn shit unless you look and acknowledge the past. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but I'm really not feeling anything from this appointment.  

14 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Jeez! The interview posted from the OP is not exactly a confidence builder.

‘Four defeats in five, can you put your finger on why that is?’

’Well, I’m not a great believer in looking at the past’. 

Why is it that positivity wonks always spout the "not looking at the past" BS.

I think what they mean is, "learn from the past but not dwell on the past". You'll learn shit unless you look and acknowledge the past. I'm sure he's a lovely chap but I'm really not feeling anything from this appointment.  

No and he won't get away with deflection and evasion as the head coach. Fans will soon get frustrated with him. 

Holden avoided going into detail on Monday and instead tried to project some key messages: I'm up for the challenge, I'm a football fan too, I've been in football for a long time, I'm going to grasp the opportunity, I'm my own man, I'm glad the process was rigorous etc etc

All from the brainstorm session and repeated in 3 interviews I listed to. 

When the season starts he'll need to be a lot more forthcoming with reasoning and rationale. 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

But he isn’t being questioned by a FA Invigilator to get his badges is he?  Why would you expect him to go into that kind of spiel in a media interview?

Sorry, I thought you were referring to Monday night.

Because in a media interview he was asked a question about a teams identity he coached. I would expect any competent coach to be able to do similar. Its not spiel. It is a basic.  

7 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Because in a media interview he was asked a question about a teams identity he coached. I would expect any competent coach to be able to do similar. Its not spiel. It is a basic.  

That says a lot about LJ repeatedly mentioning ‘identity’ but when asked to describe said identity he waffled for 10 mins and said nothing................:cool2:

Archived